Sub-4 Marathon Group

December Donuts (Read 569 times)

Smashy!!!

Hey all, 

Got in 4.27 @ 9:51 today. Finally got my wish, and got to run in the snow! The wind sucked though. At one point I was almost running in place. and the big news is no ITBS again. The left side feels much better. The right side still needs work, but even that is feeling better. So I'm looking forward to my next session. 

Roll, good luck at the docs! 

Ami, do you rinse the pasta after cooking? Or do you put directly from the pot into the sauce? If you rinse it first, then you are washing away all the starch, and that's why it ends up being so slimy. 

CMB, have a great trip! 

Simon, don't stress about personal shout outs. I hardly do them either. And I find people who do saintly. 

Indi, I prefer the nang myun in the cold soup base. Add a touch of hot mustard and a little vinegar for tang, and it's good to go (the wife also likes to mix in some Kim Chi juice). It's also very traditional to have it with kalbi (BBQ short ribs). Had some somen for lunch! 

Sprink, LOL, you're killin me Smalls! (reference from The Sand Lot)

PRs: 21:35 (5K); 1:46:46 (HM); 4:30:46 (FM)

Trail Monster

Nice runs all! I ended up walking 6.5 miles at 14:57 pace. I started with a 1% incline and every half mile I increased it by a half percent so I finished at a 7% incline. I'm thrilled with how much easier and faster I'm getting at hill hiking. In fact I may be getting stupid excited as I'm starting to wonder if I can break 24 hours at Burning River. Somebody smack me!

2013 races:

3/17 Shamrock Marathon

4/20 North Coast 24 Hour

7/27 Burning RIver 100M

8/24 Baker 50M

10/5 Oil Creek (distance to be determined)

My Blog

Brands I Heart:

FitFluential

INKnBURN

Altra Zero Drop

Docket_Rocket

Former Bad Ass

Joshlynn, It all sounds yummy but I assume it's time consuming.  Is it a recipe you're using or is it your own?

Damaris

Docket_Rocket

Former Bad Ass

Hey all, 

Got in 4.27 @ 9:51 today. Finally got my wish, and got to run in the snow! The wind sucked though. At one point I was almost running in place. and the big news is no ITBS again. The left side feels much better. The right side still needs work, but even that is feeling better. So I'm looking forward to my next session. 

Roll, good luck at the docs! 

Ami, do you rinse the pasta after cooking? Or do you put directly from the pot into the sauce? If you rinse it first, then you are washing away all the starch, and that's why it ends up being so slimy. 

CMB, have a great trip! 

Simon, don't stress about personal shout outs. I hardly do them either. And I find people who do saintly. 

Indi, I prefer the nang myun in the cold soup base. Add a touch of hot mustard and a little vinegar for tang, and it's good to go (the wife also likes to mix in some Kim Chi juice). It's also very traditional to have it with kalbi (BBQ short ribs). Had some somen for lunch! 

Sprink, LOL, you're killin me Smalls! (reference from The Sand Lot)

That's a nice pace.  How are you feeling lately?

Damaris

Canuck

Afternoon all.  Just wanted to pop in and wish everyone Happy Holidays.  Today is my last day of work and so I've just been finishing things up this morning - think I'll leave early.  Haven't run yet this week, between the snow making a mess of things, finishing Christmas shopping and just feeling lazy, I figured I might as well take a light week.  Might run tonight and definitely will run on the weekend and then get back into it next week when I'm off work.

PRs: 47:54 (10K); 1:46:36 (HM); 3:50:52 (FM)

Recovering from injured knee (PCL/Lateral Meniscus)

Smashy!!!

That's a nice pace.  How are you feeling lately?

The knees are feeling better. I think the Graston is working. But I still have a ways to go, especially on the right side. 

Docket_Rocket

Former Bad Ass

The knees are feeling better. I think the Graston is working. But I still have a ways to go, especially on the right side. 

Little by little... hope it continues working for you.  A friend of mine used Graston for her ITB and is now running 50-60mpw now.

Damaris

White Lightning

Docket - I start my water on the stove, measure out the ingredients, do a quick kneed of the dough on the cutting board and run through the pasta maker.  By the time the water is boiling, the noodles are ready to go into the water.  Fresh pasta only takes about 5 minutes to cook, just need to make sure your sauce is ready to go.  I also built a little pasta drying rack so I always make about a 4 times batch and its ready to go the rest of the week when I want it.  Its more like the store bought stuff but without the chemicals.  Even the fresh store bought stuff has extra unpronounceable ingredients in it.  Next time I make it I will do a quick write-up and start the What's Cookin' thread, seems there's a decent interest.  

Me - 6 Easy TM miles at 10:36.  HR nice and low, nothing hurt.  Felt like a runner today instead of a broken down whatever.

Play the Game Hard!

White Lightning

Note, that's quick for the quinoa pasta since there's no gluten in it, you don't have to knead it a long time to develop the gluten, that's what the arrowroot is for.  Regular flour pasta, you have 6-8 minutes if kneading and you have to rest it for 30 minutes before rolling it, so it does take longer

Play the Game Hard!

T minus 4 days until I am back in the saddle. Doc said that the toe damage is permanent from multiple breaks over the years but not currently broken. The cartilage in the joint is gone forever. It has become arthritic. Prescribed steroids to help heal and strengthen the ligaments and muscle that are currently injured in the surrounding area, along with perscription anti-inflammatories for post run management.

PR's : HM 1:51:15  -  5K 21:27

Slymoon Runs

race obsessed

6.5 this morning, in the later half it felt off.  So I had a small woman dig an elbow in my butt for $30, its much better now.

. Doc ..... Prescribed steroids to help

so i should look like Sramaley by Wednesday

PR's : HM 1:51:15  -  5K 21:27

vegefrog

Docket Rocket I would be interested in that recipe!! If you are willing to share Smile

Smashy!!!

Good morning Donuts!

Gonna get 4 in sometime this morning. (right now, I'm just enjoying a little Strawberry Shortcake cartoon with the daughter.)

Roll, I'm not sure if that's good or bad news. I guess good because you can run now. But it also sounds like the pain is a permanent thing. Is there anything a PT can help with? Or a chiro (did someone say Graston Wink?)?

Good travels to anyone traveling for the holidays. And good running everyone!

Docket_Rocket

Former Bad Ass

Morning, donuts!  My 5K lasted 25 seconds.  This bitch cut me off and kicked me and I fell hard.  I'm just hoping the patella is not broken.  The knee looks pretty bad.

vegefrog, I'll look for it and will give it to you.  Please remind me if I fail to post it.

Damaris