Sub-4 Marathon Group

August 2013 (Read 41 times)

DetroitTigerFan

Indy - nice race !!! and PR and 1st 49 yr old - lol too Smile  what was your procedure for checking pace - those are nice and consistent !  did you have to worry about traffic the first few miles?

me - I woke up today after a long sleep pondering my issues this past week. I think I may be slightly sick - allergy related possibly - watery mouth, sinus drainage, slight fever, misc aches. Nothing serious, but it may have explain the dehydration and thus, nausea yesterday.  I have a feeling that maybe these issues have been taking up heart rate. The heart rate ran yesterday during my 13 mile debacle at 10:00 was equal to my runs the previous week at 9:15 - go figure - something must be up.  This next weekend I have my first tune up and I hope whatever I have right now goes away quickly so I can focus on performance. Time to drink some more water

time to start the September thread ! Smile

PB's     10K 47:15 (9/13)     HM 1:45 (9/13)     M 3:57 (10/13)

Running Blog   http://davesdigitaldestinations.blogspot.com/

Docket_Rocket

Former Bad Ass

You probably ran too fast for the humid conditions.  I adjust when humidity is that high.

Hi shadow !

All - my scheduled 20 miler today was a disaster, much like all my runs this week. I'm not sure if i'm possibly sick or maybe a little over-trained right now.  I have been pushing paces these past few weeks.  Anyway, out of the 20 scheduled today, I was forced to call it a day after 16 miles after being nauseous aroundmile 13 and doing the run/walk thing to the 16 mile starting point. It wasn't hot this morning, but storms rolled through leaving 90% humidity.  As I mentioned before the heat/dew point caught me by surprise this week.  However at this point, I don't know what my issue is - I've done these 20 milers before with 0 issues and thought I was prepared. All I know is that i'm not hitting my paces this week averaging around 10:00 min/miles on all my workouts, including the first 8 miles today.  Overall I'm tired and hope that being run down isn't causing any issues. I just hope my will isn't giving up - disappointed again in my effort today and was almost in tears as I was walking and runners were passing me. Even if I wasn't feeling well, I should have at least been able to get 16 done without walking.  Time to rest this weekend and go back to the drawing board... Sad

Damaris

Docket_Rocket

Former Bad Ass

indi, nice job on the race!

Morning!  I have 9 miles tonight.  My 20 with the last 10 @ MP+10% went really well, faster than I was supposed to but I felt great.

Damaris