Sub-4 Marathon Group

July 2013 (Read 44 times)

Rusk Runner

Go for it onemile!

PRs...5K - 20:36, 4mile - 26:15, 13.1 - 1:32, 26.2 - 3:42

Just Run!!!

onemile

Done.

Here's the link. I added those of you I'm fb friends with. Feel free to add anyone else:

recovery pace? Recovery pace? (read in Jim Mora's epic "Playoffs" rant voice.) That's more like GMP. That's a workout, my friend.

I know. I tried to slow the pace but every time I checked the Garmin it was right back to where I just slowed from. I know that this happens and when it happens. It happens after most speed work sessions. I ran intervals the day before and as always I tend to run the next recovery run to fast. Part of the reason I am putting speed and strength back in to my runs now instead of later is so I can better obey prescribed paces during the Hansons plan in September. But it just feels so good to let the wheels turn as they may since I don't HAVE TO behave yet.

Congrats on the 5k registration.

One - FB received

Mdawg - tick tock on the college football season. Random but I saw some stats earlier and it raised my heart rate a little.

Strider - nice!

indi - that cool. I'm still kinda bummed that I'm going to miss Virginia Beach's FE.

I crapped out 3 miles into my 5.5 mile run and headed straight to the pool with my 3 sons due to the heat/humidity and lack of hydration. It reached 101 degrees here today and you could see the humidity in the air (seriously). The grass has even given up and started to wilt.

PR's : HM 1:51:15  -  5K 21:27

Smashy!!!

I joined the group. But Im not a regular FB user, so I'm not sure if I did it right. What does a FB group do that cannot be done on our RA group? (Like I said, I'm totally FB illiterate.)

Done.

Here's the link. I added those of you I'm fb friends with. Feel free to add anyone else:

PRs: 21:35 (5K); 1:46:46 (HM); 4:30:46 (FM)

DetroitTigerFan

I joined the group. But Im not a regular FB user, so I'm not sure if I did it right. What does a FB group do that cannot be done on our RA group? (Like I said, I'm totally FB illiterate.) 

one - Agree with cbus - I'm not on FB - don't have time to manage another site and am not sure how much value it adds - I guess it may be easier to share pictures?

paula - lol on crackerjack box comment ! I hope your fundraising goes well.  That's a touching story of your daughter

roll - 101 degrees - wow ! do you watch your heartrate on those days. I've had to cut runs short several times due to high heart rate on a 95+ day

PB's     10K 47:15 (9/13)     HM 1:45 (9/13)     M 3:57 (10/13)

Running Blog   http://davesdigitaldestinations.blogspot.com/

Rusk Runner

Facebook is an easy way to stay in contact.  I know that posting photos will be easier.

Out for 50 on the bike in just a little while.  I may try to squeeze in a 3 mile run afterwards but I am not sure.

Just Run!!!

onemile

I think facebook is just easier all around.  And yes, definitely easier for pictures.

Docket_Rocket

Former Bad Ass

Morning!  16 miles with the last 4 fast and they were fast, thanks to the nice weather.

I am in the FB group.  Either way works for me, but sometimes FB gets a faster response from me since that's what I have on my phone and more accessible.  Either way, I'll be in both places.

Damaris

mdawg87

Good morning!  Ran 10 with DH this morning.  Average pace of 9:12 including a w/u mile of 10:05.  Feeling good about my decision to stay between the 3:40 - 3:45 Hanson training paces.  Every run seems to validate it.  Forgot to mention that DH did some marathon recon as he was up in Bethlehem, PA for work last week.  He ran 5 or so miles on the course.   He said it was F.L.A.T.  Good to know.

Need to check out this FB thing...

Roll:  I'm trying not pay too much attention right now.  I'll get sucked in way too early!

PRs:  1:38:10 (HM)  3:32:46 (FM)

Good morning!  Off to do my 15 miles here in a moment.  The weather is perfect this time of year here!!!  Right now (8 a.m.)  it's 50F.  Ahhh...

+1 to Facebook being easier, especially for pics.

PRs:

5k: 25:05 (Sep 2011)     10k: 51:57 (Aug 2012)     half: 1:56:46 (May 2013)     full: 4:09:46 (Jan 2016)

Smashy!!!

Hey all,

Finished my 13 mi LR this morning. It was a disaster from the start. It was already hot, the path was flooded, so I chose another path, and that was flooded too. Tried to do the last three at MP, and managed to do 8:41 in mile 11, but then mile 12 was 9:41, and then mile 13 was 10:01. Mile 13 tells you everything you need to know about how this workout went. I wanted to bag it at 12, but decided to finish it off, FWIW. Still averaged 9:23 for the whole run. Anyway, that gives me 51.2 for the week, which is a step back of .2. Maybe this week will be my step back week--we'll see.

FB, I'm fine with both groups being up. I'm even fine with each being populated by different people. But I'd hate to lose this RA group. And like I said, I'm not really on FB. The only reason I'd visit was for the group. So if this is a complete migration, you might lose me.

Onemile, are you gonna make any modifications to your plan this cycle? I was thinking you could probably do a weekly LR, instead of alternating LR/easy. Even if you keep the distance at 10, you could do it at LR pace. Have you looked at that Steady State Workout in the Appendix for elites? It sounds pretty cool.

Mdawg, that's real encouraging! Crush it!

Indi, have you run Monumental before? If so, do you know if there is an easy way to reunite in the reception area? Also, I'm not sure if you wanted feedback about full v. Half. In case you were, I'd do the half. It sounds like the full would be to just chase a medal. But the half would be a PR effort. For me, the PR effort seems more worth it.

Indi, Onemile, and Ami, I threw the idea out to DW about making Monumental an overnight trip with the family.  We'll see what she says. Even if she says no, it sounds like a solo road trip will be fine.

PRs: 21:35 (5K); 1:46:46 (HM); 4:30:46 (FM)

Rusk Runner

cbus - yes I ran my first half there.  I will update on that stuff a little later as I am going to go for a ride on the Hog with DW.

25.29 bike immediately followed with 3.12 run.  Run was 8:36 avg pace in 93 deg heat index.  Finished the week with 22 miles running.  I may well get back in the game.

Just Run!!!

Docket_Rocket

Former Bad Ass

Cbus, some days are like that.  Running in flooded areas and trying to find a better course to run at can take its toll.  Great week!

Damaris

WWBurhop

Three Martini Lunch

I joined the group.  I'm WW Burhop.  I'm not a huge fan of Facebook, but it can be useful at times.

I did 6.5 @ 9:18, so recovery-ish pace.  I got started late and it was hot and crowded.  So not the most fun.

M: 3:31:56

HM: 1:37:33

White Lightning

I try to boycot Facebook but more and more of the groups I read keep moving over to Facebook so its nice and convenient, especially being able to use tablet or phone to stay updated with everything.  Plus its turning into a replacement for RSS feeds so I can get my news there too.

6 miles finished and felt fairly decent, especially with my HR's falling more to normal.  Legs still feel heavy though.  17 miles finished for my first real week back.  Going to be a challenge trying to slowly build back up and not over do it

Play the Game Hard!