Sub-4 Marathon Group

July 2013 (Read 44 times)

Docket_Rocket

Former Bad Ass

Ha, that group is a bit overwhelming but since we've known each other for 5 years, it is easier for me to keep track of them.  But I understand.

Damaris

Regarding FB:  I tend to post more here than there.  Not really sure why.  Probably because typing on the keyboard is easier than on the phone...which is primarily how I access FB.

I hardly ever type on my phone, just to correct mistakes.  I dictate everything.

RVD - sorry to hear about the break in; impressive weight loss - what's your target weight (may have missed this info)?

I don't really have a target weight.  Since I'm only 5'8" I'd still be in an OK BMI range if I went all the way below 130.  However, losing too much weight too fast makes me look gaunt and doesn't give the skin a change to snug up against the smaller mass.  I think I'll try to get to 140 though and see how it goes.

Strider24

Run Strider Run!

Like the FB interaction primarily because the conversations are organized and because of the notifications.  Have a good running day y'all!

PR:  47:52 (10K), 1:48:17 (HM), 4:01:42 (FM)

cmb4314

I just asked to join the group.

Another forum I post on regularly just had most of its users migrate to Facebook as well, so I've been spending a lot of time over there lately.  Definitely easier to keep up on using the cell phone as well.

My wildly inconsistent PRs:

5k: 24:36 (10/20/12)  

10k: 52:01 (4/28/12)  

HM: 1:50:09 (10/27/12)

Marathon: 4:19:11 (10/2/2011) 

DetroitTigerFan

Anyone else sticking around here ?   I respect the group's decision but unfortunately, I don't want to use FB so I may be the odd man out here Sad

PB's     10K 47:15 (9/13)     HM 1:45 (9/13)     M 3:57 (10/13)

Running Blog   http://davesdigitaldestinations.blogspot.com/

Rusk Runner

I had no plan to abandon the RA site, and I hope nobody else did either.

My legs feel like hammered dog sh*t.  I think the 8 miles on the trail was a tad tough on the legs for a guy just breaking back in.  I have thought about getting on the bike in the morning, but I think the legs can handle some muscle soreness during a run.  The injury has not been rearing its ugly head, so thats a plus.  Definately puts me on schedule for cycling on Wednesday.

I am off to look through some half marathon plans to try to get ready for November.

PRs...5K - 20:36, 4mile - 26:15, 13.1 - 1:32, 26.2 - 3:42

Just Run!!!

ap4

I'm still here too.  Can't beat the running log on RA.  Slogging through week 12 of Pfitz 18/70. Week 13 kicked my ass, had to back it down a notch for a few days.

Docket_Rocket

Former Bad Ass

My 5 miles were tough.  My allergy shot was today and I had some trouble breathing.  However, everything else worked fine!

I'm still here, no worries.

Damaris

DetroitTigerFan

i'm glad there will be some folks still posting here Smile  I like the log here a lot

Was supposed to do 9 with 5 at tempo tonight, but took a risk and had to turn back due to thunder/lightning in the distance. Ended up only 7 with 5 at tempo and somewhat running out of fear to get home - lol. (sounded like a bowling alley behind me)  Just one of those runs - Paces weren't the best - the heat was oppressive today

PB's     10K 47:15 (9/13)     HM 1:45 (9/13)     M 3:57 (10/13)

Running Blog   http://davesdigitaldestinations.blogspot.com/

Smashy!!!

I'm still using the log here, and will post still. But I can already tell my activity leel on FB will be higher.

PRs: 21:35 (5K); 1:46:46 (HM); 4:30:46 (FM)

onemile

I did 8.  Super humid and I'm just soaked.  Running at the indoor track tomorrow!

And I am definitely sticking with the log here.  Fb is much easier for chatting and you should reconsider DTF.

Rusk Runner

5.12 @ 9:26 avg pace.  Feet on pavement @ 3:27 AM.  Havent written that in awhile.  Nice to be cautiously back.

I am going to mangle up a Higdon intermediate half marathon program to make it include more mileage and cycling.  Plan will be to continue easy running to recover from injury until mid August, and then do the program for a PR attempt at the Monumental.

Thanks for the advice everybody!  Stay healthy, and Happy Running!

Oh yeah.............Good Morning.

PRs...5K - 20:36, 4mile - 26:15, 13.1 - 1:32, 26.2 - 3:42

Just Run!!!

Docket_Rocket

Former Bad Ass

Morning!  I have 6 with fartleks tonight.

DTF, 7 is good still.  I've cut runs short due to lightning.  It's dangerous to run in it.

indi, trail runs can do that to you.  Nice run this morning.

onemile, nice 8.

Damaris

Smashy!!!

Morning all,

Did 4 recovery last night. I've got 12X400 tonight.

Indi, welcome back! Love to see you doing those late night runs again.

PRs: 21:35 (5K); 1:46:46 (HM); 4:30:46 (FM)