Sub-4 Marathon Group

July 2013 (Read 44 times)

Morning!  Thanks for the concern, everyone.  If I had been in trouble, one is never more than 100 ft from a house on that route, and lots of passersby on the pathways, so I'm sure I would have been fine.  But bago, I totally agree that we should think about those things.  Also, I always let my husband know where I'm running and exactly what time I should be back.

I am feeling great today!  This week is a cutback week for me, but honestly, I feel like I don't need it.   But I am just going to stick with the plan.

I can really feel those MP miles in my legs from yesterday, in a good way.

Rest day for me.  I'll probably take my girls swimming, then we'll BBQ later this evening.

PRs:

5k: 25:05 (Sep 2011)     10k: 51:57 (Aug 2012)     half: 1:56:46 (May 2013)     full: 4:09:46 (Jan 2016)

Docket_Rocket

Former Bad Ass

I also feel like I don't need the cutback weeks but by the end of the plan you'll be glad you had them!  Glad you are feeling better.

Damaris

Rusk Runner

Opting for a rest day today.  I am just tired and hungry, and I think my muscles may be asking for a rest.  Will run in the early morning, 5 to 7 miles.

PRs...5K - 20:36, 4mile - 26:15, 13.1 - 1:32, 26.2 - 3:42

Just Run!!!

DetroitTigerFan

Paula - Everytime I see "BBQ" I think it says "BQ" lol Smile

Rest day for me.  I'll probably take my girls swimming, then we'll BBQ later this evening.

Me -  did my general aerobic run today 8 miles - running at the high end of heart rate per Pfitz still is giving me an actual pace faster than both Pfitz and Hansons say. I'm not sure if i'm doing these runs correctly

PB's     10K 47:15 (9/13)     HM 1:45 (9/13)     M 3:57 (10/13)

Running Blog   http://davesdigitaldestinations.blogspot.com/

x2 on Bags' comment. Glad youre okay Paula.

8 miles on the TM tonight. Rough, done.

PR's : HM 1:51:15  -  5K 21:27

Rusk Runner

Feet on pavement at 3:22 AM.  7.09 recovery miles @ 9:18 avg pace.  Humid but 66 degrees under a nearly full moon.  I ran shirtless this morning and it felt great!

Hope everybody has a wonderful day.  HAPPY  RUNNING  EVERYONE!!!

Just Run!!!

WWBurhop

Three Martini Lunch

Morning all.

Ladder this morning.  Out the door at 4:45.  400-800-1200-mile-1200-800-400 w/ 400r.  Hit all the splits.  6:42; 6:45; 6:43; 6:45; 6:46; 6:47; 6:40.  It hurt.  4.6 wu/cd @ 9:38.

Happy running!

M: 3:31:56

HM: 1:37:33

Docket_Rocket

Former Bad Ass

Morning!  I have 5 X 400m tonight, not at Flinders' speed nor anywhere close to that, LOL.

Great workout, Flinders!

Have a great day.

Damaris

mdawg87

10 TM miles with 4x1.5 miles and 800 recoveries.  The mile intervals are to be run at 10 seconds faster than GMP, which is 8:20 for me.  SRD tomorrow and I'm looking forward to it.  The Hansons plan says you will feel fatigued but never cross that line to being unable to recover.  I think I'm there...tired, but not dead legged.  This plan really does teach you to run on tired legs.  I like it!

PRs:  1:38:10 (HM)  3:32:46 (FM)

bagopux

7 miles with last 5 at "medium" effort... its a Hudson thing.  So it was 2 easy + 5 @ about 9:00.  Not entirely sure about the paces and distances thought because I forgot to charge my Garmin and it crapped out after about a mile.  Oops.  Was able to get the total time from my iPod.

Smashy!!!

Hey all,

8X600, avg. 6:56; 8.5 total miles.

Flinders and Mdawg, great workouts!

Pux, nice run!

Indi, glad to see you back at it.

Happy running all!

PRs: 21:35 (5K); 1:46:46 (HM); 4:30:46 (FM)

Rusk Runner

Flinders - Like mdawg says, its a good kind of hurt.

mdawg - It takes a special kind of toughness to endure that kind of mileage on a dreadmill.

bago - still a good workout without the bytes and bits, right?

cbus - You have turned into a totally different runner in the last 6 months or so.

Damaris - Have fun!  I think I have my first go at speed work on the 2nd week of August and it will also be 5 X400.  I will be running that around Flinders speed if my leg allows it to happen.

Just Run!!!

Smashy!!!

Really? Different how?

Flinders - Like mdawg says, its a good kind of hurt.

mdawg - It takes a special kind of toughness to endure that kind of mileage on a dreadmill.

bago - still a good workout without the bytes and bits, right?

cbus - You have turned into a totally different runner in the last 6 months or so.

Damaris - Have fun!  I think I have my first go at speed work on the 2nd week of August and it will also be 5 X400.  I will be running that around Flinders speed if my leg allows it to happen.

PRs: 21:35 (5K); 1:46:46 (HM); 4:30:46 (FM)

White Lightning

7 miles finished with 9x400 intervals.  6:19, 6:21, 6:17, 6:13, 6:27 (uphill), 6:15, 6:13, 6:21, 6:08 (found my max HR on that last one, wow).  Cloudy and cool but really humid made for a very wet run.  Been re-reading Hudson and Daniels the last week and making me re-think my running goals

Play the Game Hard!

bagopux

Been re-reading Hudson and Daniels the last week and making me re-think my running goals

Rethinking in a good way or in a bad way?