Sub-4 Marathon Group

March 2013 (Read 56 times)

onemile

I'm tempted to cancel my graston because my hip really isn't that bad. I only felt it a little last night. But then I think with 15 tomorrow and I am considering bumping Sunday to 18, I should keep it. Last time it made a big improvement in my hip and I'm probably pushing it a touch with the mileage lately and if it keeps problems away it's worth it.

Indi- glad you are feeling better.

Hi! Hope everyone is doing well. It has been a while since I posted. I think this is the first time I have checked the forum since late December, but congrats to the recent racers and good luck to those with races coming up.

Don't have the time to read through all of the last couple months of posts, but I did check a couple past pages and see that Nachos has returned to using nachos as his avatar. I have to say this makes me happy (and hungry), as nachos are just about my favorite food and I was a little disappointed when he previously switched to an actual picture.

I also saw Indiana's post about the heart attack moment during the Indiana-Michigan bball game. Well, from the other side of it, I feel like I am still stunned and recovering from that heart attack.

I dropped off the board back before Christmas after being knocked out of running for a few weeks from a family wide bad cold/noro-virus combo, and then never got the motivation back to get out running consistently in the cold dark winter mornings. I ran a 5k last Sunday, and when I couldn't keep my 10k pace from October for half the distance, it was a little kick to the head that I need to quit being lazy. I have a 1/2 coming up April 7th, and although my goal has changed from as close to 1:40 as possible to as close to 1:50 as possible, hopefully that ends up being closer to 1:50 than 2:00. Smile

PRs: 10k-44:36 (10/12), HM-1:44:55 (4/13), FM-3:41 (10/13)

SprinklesRunner

Whippet

Blew off my run this morning for work - which will end at 10 pm likely.  I really hope that 10 days of mediocre running won't kill me.  According to Pfitz, you can miss 10 days and pick up where you left off, so I should be okay regardless of chosen plan.

13.1: 1:45 | 26.2: 3:55

cmb4314

Blew off my run this morning for work - which will end at 10 pm likely.  I really hope that 10 days of mediocre running won't kill me.  According to Pfitz, you can miss 10 days and pick up where you left off, so I should be okay regardless of chosen plan.

When I trained for a marathon in the summer of 2011, I had a non-running related medical issue that forced me to miss an entire week of running.  I just literally sat on the sofa for a week, since I ended up with basically a very minor surgery and I didn't want to mess with wound healing.

I just hopped back in as if I hadn't missed anything, and I didn't feel like I'd lost anything.  Actually looking back, I didn't run between July 2 and July 12, because of when rest days fell in the schedule, so it was actually a full 9 days without running at all.  Honestly, I felt nice and fresh when I came back to it.

My wildly inconsistent PRs:

5k: 24:36 (10/20/12)  

10k: 52:01 (4/28/12)  

HM: 1:50:09 (10/27/12)

Marathon: 4:19:11 (10/2/2011) 

DetroitTigerFan

Nick - good to see you again !! glad you're all feeling better. I had a rough time too after the race in Oct. I didn't follow the Pfitz after race day plan at all and paid dearly for it (i'm still catching up fitness now -lol ) Are you running Martian in April ? I'm signing up for Stoney Creek's HM in May and Oak Apple / Northville races in June

PS : re Nachos - these a post a few days ago where he posted twice by accident and there were 2 full plates of nachos on the same page - i was hungry then !

PB's     10K 47:15 (9/13)     HM 1:45 (9/13)     M 3:57 (10/13)

Running Blog   http://davesdigitaldestinations.blogspot.com/

onemile

Got left hip grastoned and that hamstring and my calves like last time. And then this spot on my quad that I feel from time to time during my runs. YIKES. Holy ouch.  I can already see a nice bruise developing.  Black eye

2.5 warm up at 9:00 min pace

8x400's at 6:44 min pace

400 recoveries at 9:00 min pace

cool down at 9:00 min pace

TOTAL : 7 miles

all on this

Hotel treadmills are always so clean. No air movement reminded me of summer runs.

PR's : HM 1:51:15  -  5K 21:27

WWBurhop

Three Martini Lunch

Hi all.  I was under the weather with a cold/generic crud Sunday and Monday.  Yesterday turned into a URD because it was pouring rain at lunch, when I wanted to get out and run -- I figured that recovering from a cold was not the time to get soaked running in cold rain. But today was clear, if windy.   I ended up with 3.6 easy @ 7:59 today at lunch.  Felt good, especially given that I'm still a bit congested.

Sprinkles: I think you'll be fine.  The first couple of runs back after a layoff for me typically feel harder than they should, but once the kinks are worked out I'm back where I was.

Hi Nick!  Welcome back!

M: 3:31:56

HM: 1:37:33

DetroitTigerFan

Roll - what type of incline do you use for your intervals. Also, do you use a pre-program or just up and down the speed every 1/4 mile ?

PB's     10K 47:15 (9/13)     HM 1:45 (9/13)     M 3:57 (10/13)

Running Blog   http://davesdigitaldestinations.blogspot.com/

Rusk Runner

Cool photo Roll!

Hope you feel better Flinders.

In the door from a solid workout.  10 miles w 5 x 1K @ 6:39, 6:28, 6:34, 6;36, 6:35 pace w/ 3 minute rest periods, warm up and cool downs @ 9:30 avg pace.  Leg felt okay with left calf a little tight.  Will take aleve and run only recovery pace till Sunday which is my last 20 miler for the cycle.

Gonna make some brown rice pasta!  Donuts everyone!

PRs...5K - 20:36, 4mile - 26:15, 13.1 - 1:32, 26.2 - 3:42

Just Run!!!

Indi - that's a speedy workout. Good luck with the 20 miler this weekend

DTF - I hear the lions picked up Reggie Bush. No incline. It doesn't feel right on my back when I do an incline on the TM. I know i am supposed to do the 1.5 to compensate for TM vs pavement but I don't. I usually don't program it in because every hotel seems to have a different TM and becomes a frustration so I just up and down it.

Smashy!!!

10 days? I basically lost three weeks, and I'm also hoping I can just pick it back up! In facts, lets both pick up our respective plans, and then compare notes. Wink

PRs: 21:35 (5K); 1:46:46 (HM); 4:30:46 (FM)

White Lightning

Nick - good to see you back

Indi/Roll - Nice runs

me - 12 miles finished at 10:07 and boy were my legs toast.  My energy is there, HR's nice and low, really low, but legs just didn't want to go any faster.  50 mph wind gusts made it absolutely miserable.  55 degrees is melting 18 inches of snow very fast making it puddle after puddle after puddle and I gave up trying to stay dry, very waterlogged feet.  But done and really looking forward to my SRD tomorrow.  Not sure if I do my tempo on Friday or just run it easy, time will tell.

Play the Game Hard!

me - 12 miles finished at 10:07 and boy were my legs toast.  My energy is there, HR's nice and low, really low, but legs just didn't want to go any faster.  50 mph wind gusts made it absolutely miserable.  55 degrees is melting 18 inches of snow very fast making it puddle after puddle after puddle and I gave up trying to stay dry, very waterlogged feet.  But done and really looking forward to my SRD tomorrow.  Not sure if I do my tempo on Friday or just run it easy, time will tell.

Persevere!!!!!!! To quote Jedi #dowork

Docket_Rocket

Former Bad Ass

Hi, guys.  We arrived to Los Angeles on Tuesday and we've spent a lot of time driving and enjoying the sights.  So I have not run in 3 days.  Hoping to get at least one run before the race, but not counting on it.  One thing I'm sure is that I'll be on fresh legs come Sunday.

Lots of great workouts, guys.  Hope you are all having a great week.

AmiK, I wouldn't worry about the workout.  Keep pushing.

Damaris