Sub-4 Marathon Group

January 2013 (Read 482 times)

Smashy!!!

Happy New Year!

PRs: 21:35 (5K); 1:46:46 (HM); 4:30:46 (FM)

Rusk Runner

Happy New Year to all!!!!!

PRs...5K - 20:36, 4mile - 26:15, 13.1 - 1:32, 26.2 - 3:42

Just Run!!!

onemile

Morning and happy new year.  Heading to the indoor track this afternoon to do some intervals. Schedule says 8x600 at 5k pace.

Trail Monster

Happy new year! If you ever head north just let me know Docket! I still need lots of states in New England and the midwest.

90 minute trail run scheduled today. I really don't feel like running in the cold and snow again but I guess I'll suck it up.

2013 races:

3/17 Shamrock Marathon

4/20 North Coast 24 Hour

7/27 Burning RIver 100M

8/24 Baker 50M

10/5 Oil Creek (distance to be determined)

My Blog

Brands I Heart:

FitFluential

INKnBURN

Altra Zero Drop

Trail Monster

double post. Oops.

2013 races:

3/17 Shamrock Marathon

4/20 North Coast 24 Hour

7/27 Burning RIver 100M

8/24 Baker 50M

My Blog

Brands I Heart:

FitFluential

INKnBURN

Altra Zero Drop

Trail Monster

Triple post. Ugh.

2013 races:

3/17 Shamrock Marathon

4/20 North Coast 24 Hour

7/27 Burning RIver 100M

8/24 Baker 50M

My Blog

Brands I Heart:

FitFluential

INKnBURN

Altra Zero Drop

Docket_Rocket

Morning!  Doh me, posting in the old thread this morning.  Needed coffee, that's my excuse.

15 miles this morning @ 75% HR.  Weights tonight.

Hope everybody has a HAPPY NEW YEAR!

Cbus, no run today?

indiana, Happy New Year!

onemile, good luck with the track workout.

Banshee, I will choose some in the NE so I'll keep you posted.  First one I'll be shooting for is Chicago.

Damaris

As part of the 2024 London Marathon, I am fundraising for VICTA, a charity that helps blind and visually impaired children. My mentor while in law school, Jim K (a blind attorney), has been a huge inspiration and an example of courage and perseverance. Please consider donating.

Fundraising Page

WWBurhop

Three Martini Lunch

Happy New Year everyone!  The hoppin' john is burbling away on the stove and I'm planning on cooking for the freezer the rest of the afternoon.

5.6 @ 9:14 for me this morning.  Grey and 40s, and it is supposed to rain the rest of the day. Ick.

Happy running!

M: 3:31:56

HM: 1:37:33

Week 3 of Pfitz. moved schedule around slightly, starting week with 8m, of which 4 at LT pace: 8:16 with AHR 154

Recovery 4m tomorrow, 9m General Aerobic on Thursday, rest Friday, then a 10K on Saturday followed by long run on Sunday - should be first week over 40 since marathon taper started end of October

Decided to give today's 5K a miss - would have been silly running two races in 5 days this early in training

Personal bests (bold = this year): 5K - 23:27 / 5M - 38:42 / 10K - 49:31 (track) / 10M - 1:24:26 / HM - 1:51:17 / M - 3:58:58

Next races: NYC Marathon, Nov 2014 

White Lightning

Happy new year everyone!!!

Suns out so hopefully have a very easy 5 in a couple of hours.  Little chilly but we may have a couple of days warm enough to run in shorts in a few days <crosses fingers>

Play the Game Hard!

Dreamn

Happy New Year everyone!  Ran an easy 10 @ 9:45 to start off the year Big grin.

DetroitTigerFan

Happy New Year and best wishes for a healthy running year for everyone

cbus - Chuck Norris once ran a marathon backwards...just to see what second place looks like - LOLOLOLOL - found that on a website

onemile - what type of indoor track do you have access to ? I was curious. I talk to alot of folks who have health club memberships and their track is kind of mini. I always wondered if these would be good or poor for speedwork or V02 max (would other folks get in way, would the small circles get annoying after an hour, are you allowed to rotate the other direction,etc..)

all - for those of you uploading data on the Running Ahead, do you have any hints or suggestions - i see there is a manual procedure for those who dont use a Garmin forerunner autoload - i have a 305 and had to zip a file and upload it.  Any other hints to do this more quickly - do you just upload weekly to save time ? thanks !

PB's     10K 47:15 (9/13)     HM 1:45 (9/13)     M 3:57 (10/13)

Running Blog   http://davesdigitaldestinations.blogspot.com/

Happy New Year donuts.

Banshee- I wish we ha true trails to run here. Enjoy that! You're on a roll with the posts..Big grin

rocket - way to Rock it! See what I did there.

Dreamm and Flinders - nice runs!

Josh - go for it bro

me - I managed 7 miles at an average pace of 8:50, cool cloudy and slow drizzle but loved every minute of it.

PR's : HM 1:51:15  -  5K 21:27

Rusk Runner

Twofoot - sounds like you have everything planned out well.  Good job.  Looks like you and I will not be that far apart on our training schedules.

I had to cancel my tempo run today due to slushy/icy conditions combined with my still being sick.  Went ahead and ran the 9 miles easy, 9:29 pace and I couldnt decide which was more of a factor; the roads or my health?  Either way, it felt good to get the run in.  If I feel much better tomorrow I will try to get the 5 tempo miles done on the treadmill with an abbreviated warmup and cooldown.

Flinders, you having cornbread with that hoppin' john?  I have decided to start the New Year with more asian tradition and will have soba noodles.

Mdawg - I would have thought we would have seen more defense in this game.

PRs...5K - 20:36, 4mile - 26:15, 13.1 - 1:32, 26.2 - 3:42

Just Run!!!

Smashy!!!

Hey all,

Got in 8.8 @ 10:14ish pace. Tomorrow's a SRD, but I'm getting Graston done--yippee!

Onemile, when Chuck Norris gets Graston done, the Chiro's IT Band loosens up.

DTF, I just manually input my data into RA--it doesn't take that long at all.

Flinders, what's a hoppin John?

Indi, ended the year with a Korean stewed short ribs, and started with a traditional Korean new year meal of rice ovalette (its called Duk, and theyre like mini rice cakes) soup.

PRs: 21:35 (5K); 1:46:46 (HM); 4:30:46 (FM)