Sub-4 Marathon Group

January 2013 (Read 482 times)

White Lightning

banshee - its the nerve/tendon work on my ankle.  When she's done tomorrow I will need to compress it and ice it, its going to hurt like a sprained ankle.  She's not doing graston on the ankle, just on my hips.  The ankle is something else, can't remember what she called it but she did a bit on my ankle on Tuesday which she said was a 2 out of 10 on the pain scale, i thought it was a 9 out of 10, lol.  Tomorrow she said we are going to bring it to a 7 out of 10.  So she said I need to take Friday afternoon and all day Saturday off.  I could run Friday morning before my appointment but i'm not as disciplined as indi, would mean I would have to get out of bed by 7am, just don't think its going to happen

Play the Game Hard!

Gunnie26.2

#dowork

I would bet that hershey 10k race is hilly. i ran hershey half 2yrs ago and very hilly course and did not enjoy run almost half of race in a parking lot.Smile

Jedi (and any other donut in/willing to travel to Central PA): check out hershey10k.com.  I think I'm doing it for an April race!  Should be fun!

PR's - 5K - 20:15 (2013) | 10K - 45:14 (2011)  | 13.1 - 1:34:40 (2013)  | 26.2 - 3:40:40 (2014)

Up Next:

???

nachosgrande

Banshee - Good luck with the speedwork today.  Curious to see how it goes for you at that pace.

Josh - I think you've got it right with your schedule.  As Indi said, I think it's fine to move things around a little during the Pfitz cycle.  It's 18 weeks, a change to the schedule here or there isn't going to have much of an effect.  I ran a HM on the same week I had a 20 scheduled and I just ended up running the HM (with no warm-up/cool-down miles) and pushing the 20 to the following weekend.

Tricia, Akalei, and Sprinkles - Nice running!

Me -  Was going to run an easy 6 last night after work but when I arrived at Mission Bay the place was packed with some recreational running club/group (maybe West Coast Road Runners or Team in Training).  There were some pretty quick runners on the path and I got snookered into running with them at more of a tempo pace.  Ended up running 6 @ 8:00/mi, with the middle 4 miles at around 7:45/mi.  I'll call it my first tempo run of the New Year.  Puts me at 27 miles in the past 6 days.  By far the most I've run since October.  Rest day for me.  Smile

SprinklesRunner

Whippet

Akalei- I run in the morning before work...since I work at a firm on billable hours, I tend to just come in closer to 10 am on running days.  As I run more I'll get up earlier, and when work demands it I'll move it later in the day until after work, or just get up early and start on the treadmill before it gets light out, and then move outdoors.

Banshee- All I heard was snarling and then it turned out to just be a dog that chases things- JRT's are so high energy I am not shocked.  My dog park has one in it frequently that chases anything with a wheel like its insane. I screamed like a little girl.

Josh- that sounds painful!

13.1: 1:45 | 26.2: 3:55

Nacho-that's killing it! Good work grande.

sprinkes- I did the same thing with a Pomeranian once. That poor dog may never come outside again, I think I scared it more than it scared me.

PR's : HM 1:51:15  -  5K 21:27

White Lightning

So yeah, no running but did 20 minutes of water running.  Really hard to get your HR up but works the legs pretty good and it was very boring.  Then 20 minutes of Plyometrics from my P90X workout.  Nothing crazy, just the first few exercises at about 50% effort.  Legs feel nice and strong

Play the Game Hard!

Trail Monster

Joshlynn, I'm interested to learn what she's going to do to your ankle!

Nachos, great run and mileage!

Sprinkles, I know how little dogs can be! Our doxie is not that bad but can be quite stubborn and demanding plus vocal when she's after something.

As for me, I survived! I did a 2 mile warm up at 10:00, 8 x 400m at 8.6 MPH (6:58 pace) with 2 minutes at 10:00 between, then a 1 mile cool down at 10:00 pace. Total: 6.5 in 58:45 for. 9:02 average! Woah! Go me! Cool

2013 races:

3/17 Shamrock Marathon

4/20 North Coast 24 Hour

7/27 Burning RIver 100M

8/24 Baker 50M

10/5 Oil Creek (distance to be determined)

My Blog

Brands I Heart:

FitFluential

INKnBURN

Altra Zero Drop

nachosgrande

As for me, I survived! I did a 2 mile warm up at 10:00, 8 x 400m at 8.6 MPH (6:58 pace) with 2 minutes at 10:00 between, then a 1 mile cool down at 10:00 pace. Total: 6.5 in 58:45 for. 9:02 average! Woah! Go me! Cool

Awesome run, Banshee!  That is pretty darn fast!  Big grin

Did you run it on the track?

Trail Monster

Awesome run, Banshee!  That is pretty darn fast!  Big grin

Did you run it on the track?

treadmill.

2013 races:

3/17 Shamrock Marathon

4/20 North Coast 24 Hour

7/27 Burning RIver 100M

8/24 Baker 50M

10/5 Oil Creek (distance to be determined)

My Blog

Brands I Heart:

FitFluential

INKnBURN

Altra Zero Drop

Banshee! smokin'

SprinklesRunner

Whippet

Banshee- nice paces! My shipoo isn't that bad either but my mom's Yorkies would FLIP OUT.

Josh- I almost did water running once and I turned out not to be injured - I'm curious how it is in terms of cardio.

Rollcast- Haha...poms are funny little things- the ones here all have their butts shaved and I have to laugh at their haircuts every time.  I think they must all go to the same groomer...and it makes me think of the big lebowski

Me: Spin is scheduled tomorrow and I logged my run.

13.1: 1:45 | 26.2: 3:55

onemile

My MP miles tonight definitely did not feel like MP.  First of all it was 18 degrees and I wore tights with pants on top, a short sleeve shirt, half zip and windbreaker and that was overkill.  I was too warm.  And all the extra layers sure didn't help me move better.  And I ran it on my trail which was a little slick in places and I didn't have my screw shoes on so the traction wasn't the best. Got it done but it was the hardest MP run so far and honestly felt more like HMP.

cmb4314

My MP miles tonight definitely did not feel like MP.  First of all it was 18 degrees and I wore tights with pants on top, a short sleeve shirt, half zip and windbreaker and that was overkill.  I was too warm.  And all the extra layers sure didn't help me move better.  And I ran it on my trail which was a little slick in places and I didn't have my screw shoes on so the traction wasn't the best. Got it done but it was the hardest MP run so far and honestly felt more like HMP.

That was me tonight, all the bulky clothes and bad footing.  I wasn't doing MP miles at least, it would have been tough with the half inch of snow I was running through.  It was COLD out there - at least at easy pace, there was no such thing as overdressed.  I came in and the skin on my legs was bright red and radiating cold even through two pairs of pants.

My wildly inconsistent PRs:

5k: 24:36 (10/20/12)  

10k: 52:01 (4/28/12)  

HM: 1:50:09 (10/27/12)

Marathon: 4:19:11 (10/2/2011) 

mile 1 @ 8:30.8    
                              mile 2 @ 8:39.0    
                              mile 3 @ 8:27.7    
                              mile 4 @ 8:19.2    
                              mile 5 @ 7:49.9    

my garmin died on mile 6 but it was about an 8:50 cool down.

Sprinkles, that must be the universal Pom hair cut, they look like little stuffed lions

Rusk Runner

cmb and onemile - way to tough out the run!  Unfortunately it is only going to get colder down here over the weekend.

Nachos = I enjoy hearing about each and every run you do.  I am so happy that you are training!  Youre a fast runner.

Roll - Nice run.  Those garmin batteries can be quirky.  About once a month I catch the sattellites, put the thing in training mode and let it completely die on its own.  A full charge after that resets the cattery life calculation on it.

Banshee -  Way to go!  Tacking on the speed, eh !

Josh - Tell me you go up and ran this morning, brother!  Kidding.  Its not discipine, its need.  Yesterday morning I was literally arguing with myself about putting off the 11 miles until later today.  I really dont like getting up at 2:35, but it keeps the peace in the family and I get to enjoy the evenings with DW, DS, and DD.

7 easy tommorow and first 18 miler since last training cycle on Sunday.  I am looking forward to the 18.  I dont know why, but I really do enjoy the long runs.

PRs...5K - 20:36, 4mile - 26:15, 13.1 - 1:32, 26.2 - 3:42

Just Run!!!