Senior Grand Masters-60 and Older

Seniors' Miles for Week Ending 12/03/2017 (Read 16 times)

Quickadder

Back to 4 runs for week ended Dec 17. Total of 38.9 miles including a LR of 18 miles on Saturday. Need another 70.5 to hit my 1500 mile target for the year.

Started running at age 60.

AG 60-64 PR - 5K 25:45, 10K 53:28, HM 1:57:39, Marathon 4:32:09

AG 65-69 PR - 5K 26:11, HM 2:02:39, Marathon 5:04:47

Centex runner

29 miles for the week. Next week will be low miles due to holiday travel. Headed for Wisconsin (1200 mile drive one way) and will more than likely get to play in the snow.

Good job Quickadder on the 18 miler.

Happy Holidays everyone!

Sorry for the late post.  I bounced back and did 38.5 miles for the week ending on 12/24.  LR of 12 miles.  Turning much colder here for the next few days.  I think many of us in US are experiencing the cold.  I went out this morning when it was 17F.  If really wasn't as bad as I was expecting since there wasn't much wind.  Hope everyone who celebrated had a good Christmas.  Wishing everyone a happy new year!

Quickadder

Looks like this forum is declining .... not enough posts to justify a weekly thread this month.

For week ended Dec 24, I managed just two runs but totaled 27.8 miles. That included a 20 mile long run on Saturday - was just trying to help a fellow runner do her last 20-miler before she tapers for a January marathon and didn't expect to do the full distance.

Centex runner

Week ended Dec. 24 - 21 miles (Wisconsin brrr)

Week ended Dec. 31 - 34 miles (Texas getting cold today 32 degrees)

Need to get ready for another HM in 2 weeks,

Quickadder

Four runs this week for a total of 42.7 miles. That takes me to 1500 miles for the year, which is the target I gave myself at the start of the year in the RW forum.

Centex, which HM are you running in 2 weeks time?

Happy Running New Year ya’ll.

Centex runner

Hi Quickadder,

We are running Houston in 2 weeks and then 3M Austin a week later. We've been running these for years and we also like Cowtown (Ft. Worth) in February.  3M Austin is definitely a PR course (mainly downhill). Houston is flat but the weather is usually warm and humid even in January.

Happy New Year!

Centex - Great job on the 20 and good luck with the halves.

Quickadder - Great news on getting to your goal.

Finished the week with 30.7 miles.  A LR of 10 miles yesterday.  Have a 5K tomorrow.  Temps could be in single digits.  Wind is supposed to be calm.  Was windy today and felt very cold.

For the year I managed 1961.2 miles with 11 running races.  Two of those were marathons.  I also did 2 triathlons.  I was about 100 miles over last year and well above my goal of 1800.  All in all a good year.  Hopefully 2018 will go as well.

Happy New Year everyone!!

Centex runner

Hi Cwschind,

I wish that it was me running the 20 miler. Bet you meant Quickadder. He has been running impressive training miles. In the back of my mind, I would like to run another marathon, but I want to get my HM time down along with 5k, 10k times. I'm not confident yet that I can run a decent marathon or put in the needed training.

I am happy that I'm starting 2018 with no injuries and feeling pretty good. It's been several years ago since I can say that. My last marathon was in 2014.

Anyway, happy running and stay healthy everyone!

Centex - Sorry.  I was confused.

Ran 5K yesterday in 25:44.  Good enough for 3rd AG.  Slower than the same race last year, but weather was much colder with a stiff head wind for the middle 1.5.  Last mile was good though.  Went out for 7 this morning.