Senior Grand Masters-60 and Older

running a race! (Read 10 times)

sluggo

John

I am running the Lynn Woods Rely on Wed evening - 4 person teams, each runs the same 2.5 mile route. This is probably a non-event for most of you but it will be my first race in 9 months.

I expect to be terrible- trail races are hard and my race pace looks like most people's cool down pace.

Good parst? My running club is paying the entry fee and provides free pizza to club runners after the race!!!!

John
    www.wickedrunningclub.com

In the beginning, the universe was created.This has made a lot of people very angry and been widely regarded as a bad move.

--- Douglas Adams, in "The Restaurant at the End of the Universe"

Lisa11

Is that Lynn Mass? I grew up in Peabody. Many, many moons ago.

sluggo

John

Is that Lynn Mass? I grew up in Peabody. Many, many moons ago.

Yes, it was in Lynn, MA. I've lived all over the North Shore, Peabody, Lynn, Beverly, and Salem - in Salem now. The Halloween craziness is in full swing. Temps are dropping now too - 38 F last night.

I am running the Ravenswood Trail race in Gloucester next w/e. It was supposed to be today but was delayed after last week's storm did a lot of tree and branch breaking damage. I am also disappointed that the swamp portion of the race has been taken out of the course. This portion is on a wood path, above the swampy areas. I like the springiness of the (very narroww) boardwalk.

Hope you like your new living location.

John
        www.wickedrunningclub.com

In the beginning, the universe was created.This has made a lot of people very angry and been widely regarded as a bad move.

--- Douglas Adams, in "The Restaurant at the End of the Universe"