Senior Grand Masters-60 and Older

RWOL Refugees (Read 51 times)

Quickadder

Thought I would take the initiative and see if we can get this forum restarted.

Started running at age 60.

AG 60-64 PR - 5K 25:45, 10K 53:28, HM 1:57:39, Marathon 4:32:09

AG 65-69 PR - 5K 26:11, HM 2:02:39, Marathon 5:04:47

Quickadder, thanks for taking the lead.

I've been slowly working my way back into a regular running routine after major surgery this past spring. My current workouts are about an hour five days a week. I started out covering four miles a session with 95% of it walking—I'm now up to 90% easy running and looking forward to making that 100% soon.

There're two NYRR events late this year I might sign-up for: a 4-mile in early November and a 3.1-mile in late December.

Here's hoping more of our group makes it over here.  Sorry to see the RWOL forums shut down.  Taper week for me as I get ready to run the Mother Road Marathon on Oct 1.

Illinidave

I have joined, but probably won't be too involved for awhile.  I've had some injuries which have kept me from running since mid-February.  One has just about been resolved, but I might need some knee surgery.  I'll know more about that situation in a few weeks.  It is fully my intention to get back on the road as soon as I can.  Heck, it will probably take me a month or two just to figure out how to work with a new forum. 

....Taper week for me as I get ready to run the Mother Road Marathon on Oct 1.

I looked at the race page and it sounds like a fun but hard course with the hills at the end. Good luck this Sunday!

Do you have any special tricks for tolerating the ride out to the start? I've run four point-to-point 26.2s and the best I could ever do was to just close my eyes and try to relax/sleep. The first one I tried taking in the scenery and ended up thinking "wow, this is going to be a long run."

Quickadder

Welcome Brooklyn, Cwschind & Illinidave. For some reason I don't see this forum in the list on the front pagePerhaps it is a 'secret' group? Maybe a post in the Masters Forum with a link will be needed.

I have a 5 at 5 with DD planned for the morning.

....For some reason I don't see this forum in the list on the front pagePerhaps it is a 'secret' group? Maybe a post in the Masters Forum with a link will be needed....

Good idea, the Running Ahead homepage only lists their stable but very broad groups.

I posted a note in two of the RWOL Masters groups—the Wednesday daily thread and the weekly mileage thread.

No more marathons

Hello oldsters.

I've been posting in both RWOL and RA for the past several years - mostly in the B&B here, and in the Masters +60 in RWOL.

Hopefully we'll get enough members here to resurrect this old dinosaur.

Boston 2014 - a 33 year journey

Lordy,  I hope there are tapes. 

He's a leaker!

No more marathons

Good idea, the Running Ahead homepage only lists their stable but very broad groups.

I posted a note in two of the RWOL Masters groups—the Wednesday daily thread and the weekly mileage thread.

Once you join a group it will show up under your user groups tab.

Boston 2014 - a 33 year journey

Lordy,  I hope there are tapes. 

He's a leaker!

Nasreddin Hoja

Hey Guys!

Anzlo

This is Elizor from RW ... just had to have a new name.  Somewhat like illinidave I am not actively running much at the moment but expect that things for me will be sorted out soon.  Maybe by the beginning of 2018 things will be somewhat normal again.  At least I wanted to have some contacts to learn from and share running topics when I do return to more running regularity.

Have a great day guys/gals !

65+ Bests: 5K-26:11, 10K-TBD, HM-TBD

Tar Heel Mom

kween

Hi, I had no idea I was even in this group, but glad I checked. How is everybody doing?

Nolite te bastardes carborundum.

Quickadder

THM, glad to see you made it here. Not much activity in this forum. Several of the RWOL Masters posting regularly in the Masters with OFR in both the Beginners and the Frequent Racers.

Tar Heel Mom

kween

I keep my running log here. It's really a great program and has so many options

Nolite te bastardes carborundum.

Hi all. I've been lurking here on RA thanks to Quickadder tipping me off that some of you were here. I'm working my way back into regular training and counting on being race ready in a few weeks. I won't go to win (AG) of course but racing supplies great motivation. I'll turn 66 on 01/19/2018 so I'm already a year into the 65-69 AG. I'll be lurking and posting. Let's crank this thing up.

At the end of the day, be happy with where you are and what you've accomplished.