Senior Grand Masters-60 and Older

Welcome! (Read 278 times)

old-runner

I have 3 months until I turn 60, but I'm glad to find this group!   So I'm NOT the oldest person on RA!

Looking forward to my new age group, actually!  This 59 year old stuff is tough!

I've been running since 1976 with some breaks for injury.  Had a good 2009 with 5 marathons, proceeded to get hurt and tanked in 2010.  Doing OK now but   s l o w e r......  

Hi Hstreet... thanks for joining us! Congrats on your upcoming 60th birthday! I turned 60 in February and in the months leading up to it I was like a kid looking forward to his 16th birthday so he could get his drivers license. So far it's been great except for the small races where there's no competition at all... kinda makes me feel like I'm not actually competing against anybody. In that way the 55-59 age group might have been a little more fun.

I see you're a streaker... me too! Tomorrow is my 365th day so I'm kinda pumped up about that. I see that something caused you to miss a day not long after you hit the 1-year mark a while back. I'm glad to have made it a year but I'm not going to knock myself out over going years and years like some people do. I'll keep it up as long as it's reasonably easy though.

Wow - I was really surprised and happy to see this thread. I'll be 60 in July and I've been running for 30 years. While I've slowed down considerably and have a lot more aches and pains, I love what running adds to my life. It's nice to see that us old farts are still trying to improve and continue to set new PR's. Isn't 60 the new 30? Big grin

#artbydmcbride

" Isn't 60 the new 30?"  Big grin

Absolutely! 

Runners run

old-runner-    Yeah, there seems to be a real drop off for women from the 55-59 to the 60s around here (Nashville).  However, there is another 59 year old woman here who is national class and will be aging up right around the time I do.  She is incredible!

I made it to 387 or so on the last streak but wound up with a hip/hamstring injury that sidelined me for most of 2010.  It was really frustrating.  I got pretty stupid about the streak, although I'm not blaming the streak for the injury.  My goal is to make it longer this time.   CONGRATS on your 365!   I haven't had to do anything stupid yet on this round-  no running while sick or injured or down an interstate or anything!

I just ran my daughter's (27) first marathon with her in Cincinnati, which was really cool!  She has also signed up for Marine Corps.  I was proud of her and NEVER thought she would be running marathons.  Special day!

Out there running since dinosaurs roamed the earth