The League of Extraordinary Runners

Upcoming Races (Read 1665 times)

Durrr

It'd be fun to do the Komen again.
      This is my tentative race schedule. Bold races are ones I am likely to do. The italicized one is one I've already done. March 28 (Sat) Keep Your Colon Rollin' 5K Reg. Form Saint Leonard, MD (Jeff. Patt. Park) April 4 (Sat) Looking for Trouble 5K Register Mechanicsville, MD (Three Notch Trail) 11 (Sat) CBRC Trail Run (3M) Hughesville, MD (Oak Ridge Park) 18 (Sat) St. Mary's Hospice 5K and 10K Leonardtown, MD 25 (Sat) Calvert Optimist 5K Huntingtown, MD (Kings Landing Park) 26 (Sat) CBRC Trail Run (8K) Hollywood, MD (Greenwell State Park) May 3 (Sun) Frederick Running Festival Frederick, MD 30 (Sat) TCYSB Youth Power 5K Challenge Hughesville, MD June 6 (Sat) National Trails Day Fun Run St. Mary's City, MD 20 (Sat) Baltimore 10 Miler Baltimore, MD August 29 (Sat) Chaptico Classic 5K and 10K Chaptico, MD 30 (Sun) Annapolis 10 miler Annapolis, MD October 3 (Sat) Hughesville 5K and 10K Hughesville, MD 10 (Sat) Baltimore Running Festival Baltimore, MD ? (?) LPR 10 miler Piney Point, MD November 7 (Sat) CAASA Step By Step 5K Solomons, MD 21 (Sat) T'Giving Prediction Run 5K St. Mary's City, MD December 5 (Sat) Jingle Bell Run 5K Solomons, MD
        I just visited Active.com and pre-registered for: Hospice 10k Frederick Half Baltimore 10 Baltimore Half
        Durrr

I just realized that I might not be running any 5ks until November!
          AmoresPerros

Options,Account, Forums

We're thinking about Baltimore Marathon (for Crystal's first marathon), and I'm thinking I'll probably do Frederick (mara) too. Then Joe & I can run LPR-10 as a 10 mile recovery run the day after Baltimore Smile I'll decide by tomorrow, b/c prices go up Apr 1 -- and tomorrow I'll check if the Holiday Inn Inner Harbor has a late check out for the Saturday marathon.

It's a 5k. It hurt like hell...then I tried to pick it up. The end.

Diesel Power

I registered for the Baltimore 10-miler in mid-February, so it appears as though Joe and I are in for a day of fun there. Hopefully it won't be as humid as the Kiwanis 10K was in June last year. Additionally, I officially registered for the Frederick Half Marathon and the Baltimore Marathon. Perry - If you're getting a hotel by the harbor, you definitely want to do that early. People were pouring out of nearby hotels prior to the start of the marathon last year, so I imagine they filled quickly.
              Durrr

Joe: you might be cramming a bit much into early October. But it would be astonishing if you ran the Baltimore half one day and the LPRX the next. Perry: I'm guessing Frederick and Baltimore will be your fifth and sixth marathons --- unless you decide to do a few others just for fun in the time between. Rick: will you be joining a BRC training group for the Baltimore Marathon? Such groups were highlighted in Spirit of the Marathon. I've decided I won't be going up to Frederick, as it's only two weeks after Hospice and therefore I won't have time to get into the half marathon shape I'd like to be for that event (I've never run a half marathon before, so I want to make a strong debut when I finally do). Instead I think I'll try to defend my title at the Robbie Miles 5k that weekend. And then I'd like to return to the Kiwanis 10k in early June. Hopefully I can persuade some others to join me (it was really no hassle the drive up there the morning of, and it was almost a perfect midpoint between those in SoMD and those in the Baltimore area). I would, however, like to get in on the Baltimore 10 --- if it's not too late to register.
                Durrr

Ok, I've now online registered for both the Hospice 10k and the Baltimore 10 Miler. I was almost intimidated away from the latter due to the $50 registration fee --- but then I remembered that fancy race "premium" and decided to ... GO FOR IT UPDATE: the Kiwanis 10k is only one week before the BX.

Diesel Power

DR – There will also be a post-race party for the Baltimore 10-miler. Free beer with race entry fee, but that usually means one beer, maybe two (tops). Live music, food, etc. Plus, competition should be a lot better than the average $25 road race. That in combination with the race premium makes the cost well worth it, I think. While I didn’t attend the post-race party for the Baltimore Running Festival, I remember there being a lot going on. I imagine this will be pretty similar. Everyone planning on the MD Double – I believe there will be a big post-race party after both that we could attend. Also, there was a huge massage tent set-up in the finisher’s area for Marathon and Half participants only (not relay or 5K) after Baltimore, and I’ve read there will also be one at Frederick this year. Considering the Baltimore Marathon by itself costs ~$80, I think $125 for the Frederick Half and Baltimore Marathon is almost a steal considering everything that goes into it. EDIT: DR – I would definitely like to join a training group, but I would like to investigate their program(s) first. The Baltimore Road Runners generally do training year round, so I hope they have some kind of marathon training group going for Baltimore. I likely won’t pay the $100 or so to join Charm City Run’s training group (I love the store, but they tend to charge for groups you can get for free with the Road Runners). However, there appears to be a rogue area running group called the Baltimore Running Coalition that also focuses on the Baltimore Running Festival. One of there big things is having three course runs throughout the summer, but Alden mentioned he was able to do that for free last year. I was telling Alden that I feel one of my biggest mistakes in marathon training was going it alone, for the most part. If nothing else, I’d like to sit down with Alden and determine a training plan (likely based on a running coach’s training plan) that we can both stick to.
                    AmoresPerros

Options,Account, Forums

04/05 (Sun) - Annapolis Striders Cherry Pit 10M, South River HS, Edgewater, 0800 04/11 (Sat) - CBRC Trail Run (3M) Hughesville, MD (Oak Ridge Park), 0930 04/18 (Sat) - Hospice 5K, Leonardtown 04/26 (Sat) - CBRC Trail Run (8K) Hollywood, MD (Greenwell State Park), 0930 05/03 (Sun) - Frederick Marathon 06/06 (Sat) - Pax Base Sprint Triathlon 06/21 (Sun) - Annapolis Striders Dawsons Father's Day 10K 06/28 (Sun) - [Unlikely] General Smallwood Triathlon, Olympic or Sprint, Indian Head 07/18 (Sat) - Annapolis Striders John Wall Mile, Broadneck HS, Annapolis, 0800 08/02 (Sun) - Annapolis Striders Dog Days 8K, Arnold 08/29 (Sat) - Chaptico Classic 10K (likely) 10/04 (Sun) - Annapolis Striders Metric Marathon 16M, Southern HS, Harwood 10/10 (Sat) - Baltimore Marathon 10/11 (Sun) - LPR-10 (Piney Point, St Mary's Count) 11/07 (Sat) - Annapolis Striders Downs Park 5M, Pasadena 12/05 (Sun) - Jingle Bell 5K 12/13 (Sun) - Annapolis Striders Anniversary Run 15K, Quiet Waters Park, Annapolis, 1000

My schedule of races: 4/18: Hospice 10K 4/26: Port to Fort 6K 5/3: Frederick Marathon 6/13: Kiwanis 10K 9/6: VA Beach Rock n Roll Half Marathon (TENTATIVE -- anybody else want to get in on this?) 10/10: Baltimore Marathon Any other races during the summer, i am open to. Just don't know about them. Perhaps the hallowed Chaptico Classic, where I experienced my 2007 rebirth. :-) Rick: Yeah, let me know when you'd like to sit down and forge a marathon training plan. Are you doing the Baltimore 1/2 or full? In the meantime, want to do any long runs together? I typically end up running Sundays, but have no issue switching to Saturdays. What time in the morning do you run? I'd actually like it if we ran around your haunts, since I am quite used to NCR. This coming weekend, I'm gonna want to do 17 mi.

Diesel Power

Alden – It would be fairly difficult for us to run together right now around my neighborhood, considering you’ll be running much longer than I will for the immediate future. I did only 12 miles on Friday night, and I likely won’t run that long again until the weekend of 4/25. Depending on what my weekend schedule holds, I’ve been moving some long runs to Friday evenings recently. However, as the weather gets progressively warmer I’ll need to get up around 6am or so to eat and walk Molly, so that I can be running by 7:30 or so. We can negotiate days when we sit down to hammer out the training schedule. But yes, I would like to take another shot at a marathon. I have moderate interest in the Rock n’ Roll Half, but that interest is somewhat quelled by the entrance fee. Wasn’t this race $100? I pretty much have my quota of premium races scheduled for the year already.
                          AmoresPerros

Options,Account, Forums

2009 Invisible Children 5K = 2009 St Mary's City Service Day 5K ============ 5K Service Run/Walk Through HSMC The 2nd Annual SMCM 5k Service Run/Walk will take place on Saturday April 11th at 8 a.m. through Historic St. Mary's City. Sponsored by the SMCM Rotaract and Invisible Children Clubs, proceeds benefit St. Mary's County Christmas in April and Invisible Children. All participants will receive a free race T-shirt and continental breakfast donated by Bon Appétit. Official race times will be recorded by the Chesapeake Running Company. Prizes will be awarded to the top male and female in each age group, as well as the top male and female over all. There will also be information on the community service projects there, as well as a bake sale. So bring your spare change! Pre-event on-line registration fee of $20 is available now. Race day price is $25 and will be collected before the run. To download the registration form and bring it with you, click here. If you have any questions, contact the event coordinator Sarah Hanley. http://smcmdevelopment.informz.net/z/cjUucD9taT0yODc2NzQmcD0xJnU9MTAwNzE5MDU3MSZsaT0xMDM2MDUz/index.html ============== I understand that "timed by Chesapeake Running Company" is their confused way to say "timed by CBRC (Liza Recto)".

That actually sounds like a lot of fun, though I will likely pick Oak Ridge since I suspect it will be nicer to my feet. I saw Liza measuring the college track the other day. I am not sure why.
                              Durrr

Invisible Children? But what about all the poor visible children who need help, too?