The League of Extraordinary Runners

Upcoming Races (Read 1665 times)

My long run for the year is probably 15 or 16 miles. A marathon may not be wise.

philibusters

My long run for the year is probably 15 or 16 miles. A marathon may not be wise.

I agree with that, but thought I'd give it a try anyways.

AmoresPerros

Options,Account, Forums

I bet you could handle 13.1 comfortably.

It's a 5k. It hurt like hell...then I tried to pick it up. The end.

I bet you could handle 13.1 comfortably.

Yes, we are sure you can handle 13.1.

Durrr

(Continuing discussion from Race Results.)

I just realized that training for Jingle Bell is going to be very cramped. This year it falls just 2 weeks after the HSMC Thanksgiving 5k, meaning I'll likely have to do my last big interval set on Tuesday Thanksgiving Eve Eve --- which is not so ideal since that will be just 3 days after a hard race. But then maybe on Thanksgiving morning I can sneak in a sprinty hill workout, so as to balance out my speed work (e.g., one workout that involves longer intervals for speed stamina and another based on brief, hard-hitting intervals for speed strength).

philibusters

4 days and counting down till Perry and Crystal run a husband and wife 100 miler.

Durrr

That's this weekend? Well that means Perry will be good to go for the HSMC Thanksgiving 5k the following weekend!

philibusters

I thought it was Sunday, but its actually Saturday.  I'll be running the Richmond Marathon as they run the 50 miler.  When I am tire at mile 17 at least I should be able to think "hey at least I only have 9 more to go, not 33 more to go"Smile

Do you feel prepared for the marathon? What do you think are the odds you'll run a better time?

I thought it was Sunday, but its actually Saturday.  I'll be running the Richmond Marathon as they run the 50 miler.  When I am tire at mile 17 at least I should be able to think "hey at least I only have 9 more to go, not 33 more to go"Smile

Nice. :-)

Have a great race!

4 days and counting down till Perry and Crystal run a husband and wife 100 miler.

That's the way to get 100 miles in - go halvesees

philibusters

Do you feel prepared for the marathon? What do you think are the odds you'll run a better time?

I am pretty much the same as I was three weeks.  50% chance that I run sub 3:32.  On the one hand, the body is still tired from running a marathon 20 days ago.  On other hand, I had a legitimate quality long run in my training history that may help me a little bit.

AmoresPerros

Options,Account, Forums

Good luck Phil!

It's a 5k. It hurt like hell...then I tried to pick it up. The end.

Good luck to everyone this weekend. You can do it!

philibusters

I am 50-50 on running a 50K in Virginia Beach on December 21st.  Any interest Perry or Crystal (its only 31 miles so its way shorter than Stone Mill!)