The League of Extraordinary Runners

Upcoming Races (Read 1665 times)

philibusters

When is Metric?

I'm tentatively on board to do a few track series races, Chaptico Classic, LPR10, and the Baltimore Half. I hope LPR10 and the Baltimore Half don't conflict. If I do them both my focus would be on LPR10 as a fast run and B13.1 as a long run.

Metric is October 4.

Edit:  I see Perry beat me to the punch.

philibusters

Any chance David that you run the John Wall mile?

I didn't originally say anything, because I don't know that I'll go through with it, but I've penciled in the Wall Mile on my calendar. I'm hoping to have run a 1500/1600/mile before then to have some idea of what might happen.

MTA:  Along those lines, I don't think I'll be able to make it to the first track series race on 6/30 due to it being Christina's birthday, but I should make most of the rest of them except when I'm on summer vacation for a week.

philibusters

Look forward to seeing you at the John Wall Mile Joe.  Hopefully Christina's birthday celebration goes well.

AmoresPerros

Options,Account, Forums

I found out why Felix is entered in the 400 but not the 200 next weekend at USAs (which are also the qualifiers for Worlds).

Felix is the Diamond League 2014 champ in the 200, so she has a bye. I knew defending world champs had byes, but so do Diamond League champs from the previous year.

http://www.usatf.org/Events---Calendar/2015/IAAF-World-Outdoor-Championships/Athlete-Info/Athlete-Selection-Procedures.aspx

To qualify for a bye, the athlete must compete at USAs, but in any event.

Jenny Simpson has a Diamond League 2014 bye in the 1500, but she is apparently competing in it anyway at USAs. Maybe she wants to try to claim the US national title in it, or maybe she just doesn't want to compete any other event.

It's a 5k. It hurt like hell...then I tried to pick it up. The end.

The 800 is really strong in the USA right now, so Jenny Simpson wouldn't be likely to qualify there. Her next best options are the 3000 steeplechase and the 5000. I agree that maybe she wants the easy bonus or win streak by doing the 1500 at USAs. As for doubling at Worlds, I think all of these events require heats, so it's possible it's just too much distance for her to want to deal with actually doubling later this year.

AmoresPerros

Options,Account, Forums

USA champs (WC quals) are streaming online for today through the next several days http://live.usatf.tv/liveusaout2015.html

philibusters

I am not sure what to expect for the John Wall mile.   I have almost no speed work and no real quality sessions in.  But other than that, my training is going very well.  I am upping my mileage like I hoped and though I am not recording it, I have also been strength training twice a week and making improvements there which probably won't help for the longer distance, but may help a tiny bit in the mile.  The other thing my log doesn't show is that I am doing well on my diet.  I have probably lost 7 or so pounds these past 5 weeks.  One of the things that worries me is that my mileage is being run so slow but I think that is partly due to the strength training and diet.  I have tired legs from strength training a couple days per week and because I have a calorie deficit most days I think I may not always refill my muscle's glycogen stores and thus being relaying a bit more on fat for energy than carbs than what I usually do.

AmoresPerros

Options,Account, Forums

I was contemplating running a slower heat at John Wall this year, for the first time ever I think, but tonight's results made me happy. I have not calculated paces off of them yet, but I think they will inspire me to run in the fast heat again (assuming it is 5:30 and under, as it has been in all recent years).

philibusters

I was contemplating running a slower heat at John Wall this year, for the first time ever I think, but tonight's results made me happy. I have not calculated paces off of them yet, but I think they will inspire me to run in the fast heat again (assuming it is 5:30 and under, as it has been in all recent years).

If you add 20 seconds you get a rough estimate of your time in a mile (adding 20 seconds assumes you'd run the extra 100 meters or so at a 5:20 pace).  So your 5:03 tonight equals roughly a 5:23.  If you continue to progress you could be looking at something in the 5:15 range.

AmoresPerros

Options,Account, Forums

I went to McMillan with it, and it predicts 5:28 I think, so I will go in the 5:30 and under. They run the heats slow to fast, and there are perhaps 8 heats (?), so it takes a while to get to the fast heat.

I'll be much slower in the John Wall Mile this year.  I did a test run Wednesday and came in pretty tired  mile at a high 6:18.  I don't think I'll be too much faster in the race.

philibusters

I am now 50-50 for the John Wall mile.  Last Wednesday when I did speed work it aggravated my hamstring and yesterday when I did speed work it re-aggravated my hamstring worse.  I want to see how my hamstring feels today when doing easy jogging.  If it is twinging from easy jogging, I'll probably back out of the mile.  Hopefully not, but we'll see.

philibusters

I am not going to race the mile.  The last two nights I have done easy jogging of aobut 5 miles each.  I won't say I have "pain" in my hamstring because its not like a piercing pain or anything but I can feel it when I run and its definitely injury.

Durrr

That sounds like a wise decision, Phil.