The League of Extraordinary Runners

Upcoming Races (Read 1665 times)

AmoresPerros

Options,Account, Forums

I most likely will run that.  Without the summer heat, I might actually PR.

Yeah, I think you have generally been more affected by heat and humidity than Crystal and I, right? Which makes last weekend's Half result not so surprising.

It's a 5k. It hurt like hell...then I tried to pick it up. The end.

philibusters

I am hoping to run about a 6:50 pace this year at the Metric Marathon.  Do you have any goals Perry?

My upcoming race schedule is probably something like this:

3 October: Blaine Whorl 5k at Ryken (hope to finish respectably, but times here are slow anyway)

11 October: LPR10 (would love to be anywhere near 1:10)

17 October: Baltimore Half Marathon (just using it as a longer run)

28 October: 2 miler at work (want to win it)

Using Metric as a long run is not entirely out of the question for me, but unlikely. I think I'd be risking injury. That's ignoring scheduling it into my weekend anyway.

I think I can join you for the long run on 25 October, but may not do all of it if I feel it will hurt my 2 miler a few days later.

Are you carpooling with Mike and others to Richmond? If you are, then I'm glad. If you were planning to drive alone, though, then there's a 1% chance I'll register for Richmond. I see a note on my calendar that I should register by 30 September before a price increase if so.

I was literally just invited to run a 5k at St. Mary's City on 24 October. Argh. I'll have to consider whether I should do that or not. I could always do it as an easy run so I can go longer on the 25th without risk of injury. I may not do that 5k at all, though, since it's a kids weekend and I'd rather join you for the long run if scheduling becomes tight.

philibusters

My upcoming race schedule is probably something like this:

3 October: Blaine Whorl 5k at Ryken (hope to finish respectably, but times here are slow anyway)

11 October: LPR10 (would love to be anywhere near 1:10)

17 October: Baltimore Half Marathon (just using it as a longer run)

28 October: 2 miler at work (want to win it)

Using Metric as a long run is not entirely out of the question for me, but unlikely. I think I'd be risking injury. That's ignoring scheduling it into my weekend anyway.

I think I can join you for the long run on 25 October, but may not do all of it if I feel it will hurt my 2 miler a few days later.

Are you carpooling with Mike and others to Richmond? If you are, then I'm glad. If you were planning to drive alone, though, then there's a 1% chance I'll register for Richmond. I see a note on my calendar that I should register by 30 September before a price increase if so.

Sounds like you will have a busy schedule this October.  Let me know what you decide for the 25th.  For Richmond if you sign up, let me know, you can carpool with me if need me (even if I carpool with Mike there should be space in the car).

I just signed up for the Richmond Half Marathon. It starts a few minutes before the marathon and runs a slightly different course. It means I can be with you for most of the time before the races start and then won't have to wait too long for you to finish. As long as the marathon doesn't fill up I have the option of switching into that race at the expo.

Christina is interested in going unless something radical changes with our schedule. At that point we'd probably have to take our own car unless Mike isn't bringing any of his family. We're more than happy to drive you (and Mike, if he's solo). We can figure that out a week or two before the race, though.

philibusters

I just signed up for the Richmond Half Marathon. It starts a few minutes before the marathon and runs a slightly different course. It means I can be with you for most of the time before the races start and then won't have to wait too long for you to finish. As long as the marathon doesn't fill up I have the option of switching into that race at the expo.

Christina is interested in going unless something radical changes with our schedule. At that point we'd probably have to take our own car unless Mike isn't bringing any of his family. We're more than happy to drive you (and Mike, if he's solo). We can figure that out a week or two before the race, though.

Sounds great.

Bad News:  Blaine Whorl 5k postponed.

Good News:  More parking available for our run.

AmoresPerros

Options,Account, Forums

Bad News:  Blaine Whorl 5k postponed.

Good News:  More parking available for our run.

Smile

Even with the more parking, I'd like to change to meet up spot to the Leonardtown Square - near the Olde Town Cafe.  That way, our vehicles are closer to the food.

What races are people doing next?

I had this vision where I would use 2015 to get back into shape and stick to the Grand Prix races to keep me motivated. Then in 2016 I figured I would target a few goal races.

According to my calendar there is a 5 miler this weekend, which I assume is Celtic Solstice, but I don't think I will be running it. I have a knack for missing the Resolution Run on 1 January, which is likely to continue. January and February get dreadfully cold and there is a paucity of races, so unless I do something like Frozen Heart (when was the Frosty Paw race?), then I may not race until March. March usually has a couple of 5ks in the St. Mary's/Calvert area. It also features the Lower Potomac River Marathon and the Newport News One City Marathon. This coming year both of those marathons fall on 13 March, so regardless of which one I may consider doing I don't have to worry about changing my training to accommodate either date! It does guarantee I can't participate in both festivities, though.

Celtic Solstice - Nope

Resolution Run - Unlikely

Frozen Heart - I might be convinced to do a leg, weather pending*

LPRM - Likely 50/50

One City Marathon - Likely 50/50 as the alternative to LPRM assuming Phil does this

*It occurs to me that Frozen Heart is scheduled to be the perfect final long run date before the marathon(s). That's extremely convenient, except that I definitely wouldn't do Frozen Heart if I had compelling reason to think it presented increased chance of injury. It's worth noting that my two best marathons (Boston, New York) came after doing hilly long runs a few weeks prior. I was also in much better shape, but let's ignore that a moment. Prior to Boston I did three loops of SMRSP. Prior to New York I did five or so out-and-backs at Calvert Cliffs (20ish miles). I'm a big believer that such a long run doesn't need to be terribly fast, as you can bookmark it the week before and after with shorter long runs that are brisk. The focus of that long run should really be on avoiding injury while enduring marathon duration.

AmoresPerros

Options,Account, Forums

The Annapolis series races I have are

• Annapolis Anniversary 15K this coming Sunday.
                          • Valentine's 5K (one week before FH)

I expect to go to most of the CBRC trail series, assuming they occur.

I expect to do some running at FH, going out onto the course and shooting photos, hopefully.

Does the Annapolis series run based on the calendar year, such that this 15k is the last one? How are you in the standings?

I think I just registered for the Frozen Heart 17k. I only promise to do one loop. I may do more if conditions are favorable.

AmoresPerros

Options,Account, Forums

Does the Annapolis series run based on the calendar year, such that this 15k is the last one? How are you in the standings?

I finished second. Even if I had attended the 15K, I think it would have been the same. That is, yes, the 2015 standings are finished.