The League of Extraordinary Runners

Training (Read 5242 times)

philibusters

I just got home from my dad's doctor appointment.  I hope I am not throwing people off, but I am not going to be able to run today as I am pretty much heading back to Hampton now.

AmoresPerros

Options,Account, Forums

Both of these lines are a faster than I usually see:

Last 7 days: 78 mi 10:08:44 7:49 / mi
      Last 30 days: 343.1 mi 46:33:00 8:09 / mi

It's a 5k. It hurt like hell...then I tried to pick it up. The end.

philibusters

I need to take a screen shot as I am actually ahead of DR for the week on pace.  Doubt it lasts into tomorrow, but pretty awesome.

Durrr

Impossible! Didn't you do any slow warming up or cooling down? You race entry is your only entry from this week.

I would advise Joe not to run the LPR10 barefooted.

So, as of this posting, DR and I have the exact same mileage (16 miles) and almost the same amount of time (DR:   2:00:48 and me:  2:00:59), but we came at in different ways. 

Durrr

Meanwhile I've pulled back ahead of Phil in pace for the week --- no small feat considering that he started the week off at 7:03/mi pace and I 8:00/mi pace

Joe - you going to be at the college this evening?  Sarah Fry and I are going there to do some 1600's.  Perry is going to the Great Mills meet.

Durrr

Tell Sara --- lots of 400s at the college next Tuesday (one week from this evening).

I'm taking Monday through Friday off this week (aside from a bit of elliptical use), as per my usual post-LPR10 respite. But then I'll be charging into a very rushed 5k training schedule (I'm only going to be able to get in one week of solid training before having to taper for the Step By Step 5k on 11/03/12). Demers, meanwhile, is even more in need of a break following the 10-miler.

Brandon Demers
                  Sunday via Twitter
                  Brandon Demers
                  Time off. Well earned. Legs are a mess. Using my winnings for a pool membership and massage! See you in November running shoes.
                  Share · @BrandonDemers on Twitter · Sunday at 2:40pm via Twitter
                  Like ·  · @BrandonDemers on Twitter

FYI, I won't be at the college tonight and cannot confirm my presence for the rest of the week. I just plan to walk today and maybe do some easy running tomorrow.

AmoresPerros

Options,Account, Forums

And here I was coming on here to post this thought:

Remember quite a while back when we did several Phil Memorial Workouts - where Joe & I did the Phil planned workout without Phil?

These days the whole "Joe Memorial Evening College Run" seems to be normative.

It's a 5k. It hurt like hell...then I tried to pick it up. The end.

Durrr

After two big weekends in a row, Phil has gone quiet recently. Just a pair of light 5-mile runs over the weekend and no logging since.

Are you cross training this week, DR?

I've determined that I have a foot injury. My navicular bone no longer bothers me on my left foot. Instead the tendons at the back of my 5th metatarsal on my right foot are bothering me. It's a soft tissue injury, so the recovery is slow, but I can still run on it fine as long as I warm up and wear cushioned trainers. I think it will heal slowly, but surely, unless I do dumb things like lunge out of bed in the morning.

I may just run on base after work today.

Durrr

Did you have to do any research on foot anatomy, or did you just feel the pain and immediately think, "That must be my 5th metatarsal acting up." Perhaps Shoebacca missed his true calling to be a podiatrist! Anyway, I think a 10-mile race packs more impact than most people realize. It's less than a half marathon, yes, but runners usually end up racing it at about the same intensity they would a 10k, which is less than 2/3rds the distance of a 10-miler.

This doesn't show up on my daily graph, but if you click on the Workouts link of my training log you'll see that I've done a duo of elliptical sessions this week (one the equivalent of a light 3.5-mlie run, the other --- this morning's --- more akin to an 8-mile Breezily Brisk). That, aside from some core/calisthenic work, will be it until Saturday's long run, as I'm taking resting very seriously this week.

Durrr

There's no data on what running, if any, Joe and Phil have done since last Sunday (the day of the 10-miler), but the Rapps both buried me in mileage last week. I did, however, emerge with a prevailing average pace for the week.

NameDistance ▼Time
                              AmoresPerros 83.9 mi 11:27:06 (8:12/mi)
                              Soprano 41 mi 5:27:02 (7:59/mi)
                              Durrr 30 mi 3:27:19 (6:55/mi)
                              philibusters 5 mi 46:57 (9:24/mi)
                              alden2    
                              Hosmer    
                              Spoon    
                              rickschaffer83 0 mi 0:00
                              xenoplastic 0 mi 0:00

I'm considering myself officially injured at this point. I'm going to do a little cross training the next couple of days, but I am trying to avoid impact to my feet. I was supposed to race a 2 miler on Wednesday at work, but I would probably be very dumb to go through with it.