Training (Read 5242 times)

Durrr

Things look joyous for those running this evening:

(Lexington Park tonight.)

4 PM Nov 7

Rain / Snow Showers / Wind

38°F

<dl><dt>FEELS LIKE:</dt><dd>27°</dd></dl><dl><dt>HUMIDITY:</dt><dd>82%</dd></dl><dl><dt>PRECIP:</dt><dd>30%</dd></dl><dl><dt>WIND:</dt><dd>NNW at 25 mph</dd><dd> </dd></dl>

5 PM

37°

<dl><dt>FEELS LIKE:</dt><dd>26°</dd></dl><dl><dt>HUMIDITY:</dt><dd>85%</dd></dl><dl><dt>PRECIP:</dt><dd>40%</dd></dl><dl><dt>WIND:</dt><dd>NNW at 24 mph</dd></dl>

6 PM

38°

<dl><dt>FEELS LIKE:</dt><dd>27°</dd></dl><dl><dt>HUMIDITY:</dt><dd>82%</dd></dl><dl><dt>PRECIP:</dt><dd>50%</dd></dl><dl><dt>WIND:</dt><dd>NNW at 24 mph</dd><dd> </dd></dl>

7 PM

38°

<dl><dt>FEELS LIKE:</dt><dd>27°</dd></dl><dl><dt>HUMIDITY:</dt><dd>82%</dd></dl><dl><dt>PRECIP:</dt><dd>50%</dd></dl><dl><dt>WIND:</dt><dd>NNW at 24 mph</dd><dd> </dd><dd> </dd></dl>

But the good news is that, though the cold and wind will endure tomorrow, things should be dry after late this evening. Thus I hope to proceed with my interval workout at SMCM tomorrow evening. What I have in mind is 5 X 1200 connected by 400m recoveries save for an 800m recovery after #4 (so the set will come out to 20 even laps/5 miles, and so that I'll have a better opportunity for a fast final interval). I'll strive to break 4:00 on these intervals, but I have doubts over how well that will go considering how much I struggled with <1:20 in that recent 14 X 400 set.

Did I read this right - that you are doing your workout on Thursday evening?

We are going to be at the college tonight -Wednesday (Sara is joining us).  We'll see how the weather holds out.  :-)

I'm having a shin issue as well.  There is a tender spot on my shin about 3 inches below the knee.  It doesn't really hurt, but is tender and feels like some sort of weird pull.  This may impede my evening workout. 

Durrr

I would implore you to postpone your workout until tomorrow, Thursday evening --- both to avoid the wrath of the nor'easter (there's seriously going to be a mixture of rain and snow amidst heavy winds ... a perscription for stingingly numb hands and the shivery shakes) and to give your shin some more rest. Ah, and so that you all might lend me some pacing support amidst my intervals tomorrow night. Big grin

The weather tonight was actually not so bad.  We started a tad after 5pm and were done before the rain turned into more than just a few little sprinkles.  It was cold, but not too bad once we warmed up.  The hard part was the darkness. 

AmoresPerros

Options,Account, Forums

I observed some good news this morning: Phil is training AND logging.

It's a 5k. It hurt like hell...then I tried to pick it up. The end.

Durrr

Nero played the fiddle while Rome burned --- and tonight I ran intervals on the track while St. Mary's College burned. Well, probably just a very small part of it, and the fire department was all over it. But the air was rife all the same with a foul burning stench (it smelled like an electrical fire, as one coed commented).

Durrr

I'm curious what well-lit town the Rapps were running stairway Fartleks through when it was nigh midnight last night.

philibusters

Is anybody up for a 10 mile run at Three Notch Trail Thanksgiving morning?

Durrr

Go to Solomons!

Join us for a 10K or 10 mile run, jog, walk, or shuffle on Thanksgiving morning.

Mark your calendars for the sixth annual Ten Before Turkey events!

Where: Start and end at the Solomons Gazebo. Plenty of parking along the Riverwalk.

When: Thursday, November 22 at 0900

This event will not be timed. Just fun runs to get out and enjoy the morning before the cooking, feasting, football, and napping begin!

I believe the Rapps will be in attendance, as they customarily have been.

philibusters

Sounds like a plan.

Durrr

Date: 11/24/2011 8:07 AM
                        Type: Easy
                        Course: Solomon's Area
                        Distance: 10.62 miles
                        Duration: 1:38:49.36
                        Pace: 9:19 / mile
                        Equipment: ASICS GT-2150 (T5#4 (blood))
                        Weight: 140.0 lb
                        Weather: 44° F, Sunny
                        Notes: Ten Before Turkey
                        w C around island wrong way to find everyone
                        back from island w C & Char & Caroline P
                        picked up Lara at gazebo
                        back up to Dowell w Lara, C, Char, Caroline P, and Simon & Alex joined us going onto the piers behind Holiday Inn (they had gotten turned around somewhere)
                        after 10K turnaround, ran out Dowell w Char, then broke off to join Prasad & Jeff & Amy returning, & C caught & joined us
                        then at the south end of Newtowne C & I started to turn around to return to Dowell, saw Sue M, I ran south w Sue M while C ran north to find Char
                        I ran to island and a loop and back up to boardwalk w Sue, then C & I ran to island again, C turned around but I did another island loop, catching Sarah & Alyssa at the end

10.62mi in 1:38:49.36

38F-51F
                        AmoresPerros

Options,Account, Forums

That didn't come out very well in a table -- but we're hoping to go run Solomons on Thu morning. What day are you arriving up here Phil - run Wed eve at college for old times sake? Or I guess you'll probably be busy reacquainting with the folkses if you arrive Wed afternoon...

philibusters

I am working Wed.  Supposedly we get off early like at 3, but I won't get to St. Mary's till 6:30 or 7, so I'll probably pass on a college run, though that is something that I definitely do want to do for old times sake.

AmoresPerros

Options,Account, Forums

We're running at the college tomorrow. Joe, how you doin? Want to run?

I could have sworn I checked the message board more than once within the last two days, but I somehow missed the message that you were running at the college yesterday. Sorry. I'm still not running yet. I may try a jog tomorrow depending on how I feel when I wake up. Otherwise I'll probably try jogging Saturday or Sunday.