The League of Extraordinary Runners

Training (Read 5242 times)

I've just put this on order: http://sport.woot.com/offers/garmin-forerunner-410-gps-sports-watch-4

I'm going to exercise today, but due to the rain I may do so at home.

AmoresPerros

Options,Account, Forums

You missed a good run today, Joe. And also a... um... well, you missed a good run.

My rolling average widget shows that I've been running a lot these last weeks:

Last 7 days: 89.2 mi 12:05:34
      Last 30 days: 340.9 mi 47:26:20

It's a 5k. It hurt like hell...then I tried to pick it up. The end.

AmoresPerros

Options,Account, Forums

runwietecha did a "marathon specific" raining run a week ago that looks kind of like Joe's 5K repeats:

http://www.runningahead.com/logs/2458e7e2f5784b1c8b527a9dcf160218/workouts/42af20f63f4c42589cbbbd022a66ecc3

Except his goal marathon was Houston (this morning, I think), so he executed that a week out.

If my math is right, his MP this morning was slower than those 5K repeats -- around 5:18 I think.

Interview with him: http://running.competitor.com/2013/01/news/patience-pays-off-5-questions-with-scott-wietecha_64539

Durrr

"... because I know the faster you get the harder it is to improve ..."

Indeed.

Perry is certainly on the way to a big week when he's up to 54 miles by Wednesday. Interestingly, his run last night was 4 miles longer than mine --- but my pace was about 4 seconds faster.

It's going to be so hard to keep up with all of you when I start doing more group runs. Argh!

AmoresPerros

Options,Account, Forums

It's going to be so hard to keep up with all of you when I start doing more group runs. Argh!

Which start tonight, right?

Durrr

I don't know why Alison has such a late schedule (she usually doesn't seem to show for runs until 7 p.m.), but that lateness is curiously a boon to Perry's mileage --- mainly because he usually has an hour or so of "warming up" by the time she arrives for a solid run. Thus 14 to 16-mile weekday evenings have become a common phenomena for Perry in recent weeks. Though I must say that the thought of folks out there running in the cold, rainy dark until 8 p.m. or even later makes me shiver to the bone.

I brought my running clothes -- waterproof jacket and all! I expect it to be like that time a sheet of ice froze in a layer to the front of my jacket.

Durrr

Step carefully on the pavement.

AmoresPerros

Options,Account, Forums

The night before the last JB I was running before helping at packet pickup, and went down when doing a u-turn in front of the hotel. Wet pavement is indeed dangerous.

philibusters

I brought my running clothes -- waterproof jacket and all! I expect it to be like that time a sheet of ice froze in a layer to the front of my jacket.

Woot woot Joe is back

AmoresPerros

Options,Account, Forums

Joe ran his 2 miles with us. I believe he joined us not long after we passed 2 miles, and stopped not long before we hit 6 miles.

AmoresPerros

Options,Account, Forums

You missed a good run today, Joe. And also a... um... well, you missed a good run.

My rolling average widget shows that I've been running a lot these last weeks:

Last 7 days: 89.2 mi 12:05:34
                            Last 30 days: 340.9 mi 47:26:20

Up a bit higher now:

Last 7 days: 94.5 mi 13:12:11
                            Last 30 days: 342.4 mi 48:20:22

philibusters

Perry is going into marathon training mode.

I am not having a great running week, but a long run today will keep my mileage from going low.

AmoresPerros

Options,Account, Forums

Nice 17-miler.