The League of Extraordinary Runners

Training (Read 5242 times)

Durrr

Michael Wardian is a titan of the treadmill.

AmoresPerros

Options,Account, Forums

Katie and Josh are treating LPRM as a training run. I don't know about Brandon.

It's a 5k. It hurt like hell...then I tried to pick it up. The end.

philibusters

I am starting to worry about the 50K with the weather predictions

Durrr

When Katie and Josh say "training run", do they mean a sub-3:00:00 marathon training run? I hadn't given much though to the notion of running scared from a fast girl like Katie. And I recall that, after last year, Demers emphatically swore off marathons for a long, long time. Could he have had a change of heart?

I am curious how people's sense of hardiness will hold up tomorrow. Sure, yesterday afternoon Perry and Marcus had a blast running through all manner of wintry precipitation whilst splashing through frigid creeks, but that was only for like 5 miles. Would the fun start to wear perilously thin after 5 hours in such conditions? But I'm coming to terms with my treadmill fate. For not only will it likely be snowing/sleeting/raining from the wee hours to the early afternoon tomorrow, there's also going to be a significant wind factor. I just hope I'm not stuck watching individual male figure skating the whole time again (as I was throughout all of yesterday's 13 miles and last Saturday's 20-mile exercise).

I'm considering braving 10 miles of the run, but I expect that to even be a disaster. I don't feel I have appropriately bad enough shoes for the conditions! This is all assuming I wake up in time.

Perry, do you have any serious workouts planned this weekend as marathon training? You should!

AmoresPerros

Options,Account, Forums

I have no workouts planned. I should find someone to run long with on Sunday, and then add some steady-state at the end, I guess.

Josh plans to run 6:53 for the first half, then 6:30 for the second half. I don't know what Katie plans, but if she is treating it as a training run, then I assume she'll run 3:10 or higher.

AmoresPerros

Options,Account, Forums

Unless you count my planning to pig out on the cookies tomorrow if people chicken out due to weather, and I inherit the chance to attack lots of cookies.

AmoresPerros

Options,Account, Forums

Actually I was to race a leg of the GW relay, but that's been canceled.

Also, I've noticed my knee is sore if it hits something after running, so that it hurts if I lean across my car and it hits the seat. I'm pondering whether I should cut back.

I notice my knee gets sore if I bang it into the chest at the foot of the bed. Weird, right?

I'm considering braving 10 miles of the run, but I expect that to even be a disaster. I don't feel I have appropriately bad enough shoes for the conditions! This is all assuming I wake up in time.

Perry, do you have any serious workouts planned this weekend as marathon training? You should!

I'm certain that you will no longer need to worry about having appropriately bad enough shoes after you run the 10 miles.  You will be supplied.

Durrr

Josh plans to run 6:53 for the first half, then 6:30 for the second half. 

That's essentially how I paced my 24-mile run today. I did the opening 12 miles in 1:22:10 (6:51/mi), and then the latter 12 miles in 1:16:35 (6:23/mi). This led to an overall average pace of 6:37/mi (which would make for a 2:53:22 marathon if I could stretch that pace out another 2.2 miles ... though obviously I aspire to a be bit faster than that).

philibusters

2:42

That should be your goal.

AmoresPerros

Options,Account, Forums

Today was trail run day.

philibusters

Lets try to get a LOER run set up for Monday morning (I am assuming we are all off from work).

AmoresPerros

Options,Account, Forums

Heading over to river park right now, to find out if Caroline can stand the mud (cause she wasn't out there yesterday, and may not realize what it is like now Smile )

What time tomorrow?