The League of Extraordinary Runners

Training (Read 5242 times)

AmoresPerros

Options,Account, Forums

Did Crystal's tempo with her today, and felt good and turned it into 2x5K for me. Am quite happy with it.

It's a 5k. It hurt like hell...then I tried to pick it up. The end.

AmoresPerros

Options,Account, Forums

25,11 -- that is quite a weekend, Phil.

philibusters

25,11 -- that is quite a weekend, Phil.

Thanks.  I am actually planing on doubling today and doing 5 more this evening.

philibusters

Is anybody interested in doing a 10 mile run Saturday morning?

There's a small chance I'm racing the Blaine Whorl Memorial 5k at Ryken on 3 October. You could run that race with me/us. Or you could warm up with me (though I would be going slowly), run the race or run on your own during the race, and then run with me after the race (I'll try to go your pace during my cooldown). Or I could just meet you after the race and run a few miles with you until I'm too tired. Or you can run when is convenient for you and I'll catch up with you another time! So, lots of options, but the point is I feel like I should run the race at Ryken if I can.

AmoresPerros

Options,Account, Forums

I'm also racing Blaine Whorl, but would be up for extra running after it.

After all, I am racing metric on Sunday, so why not add more Smile

AmoresPerros

Options,Account, Forums

Phil & I just spoke. Plan is 0800 meeting at Ryken in the parking lot. I can join in for w/u before race. Then after race, if I have energy, I can join in for some more--Crystal might be still going even if Phil is done. Joe can do the same, if he shows up.

Crystal hopes to actually start earlier, 0700 or earlier, to get in some extra mileage before.

===

Last week I did 2x5K at 20:30 or so. Today doing 1x5K at 22:00 felt like race effort and left me very tired. The ups & downs of running...

I'll try to get there at 8, as well, but may not start warming up until after 8:30 and it's debatable whether I'll be able to keep up with you all in my warm up. If Phil still has a mile or two left after the race I'll join for that last mile or two.

I'm hoping to get in 20-22 miles.  We'll see how it goes.  The bottom of my right foot is sore (has been going on for a few weeks).  It felt like a bruise, but now I'm not sure.  It's the front part, around the ball of the foot.  I'm going to try and start a little before 7am.  Kerri Ritchie is supposed to start at 7 and maybe a few other folks.  Ideally, I would like to be done with 22 when everyone else is done with 20 or 10.  We could all go to breakfast if folks can stay around.

It's possible we'll be running in a tropical storm on Saturday. Don't forget to bring an oar!

philibusters

It's possible we'll be running in a tropical storm on Saturday. Don't forget to bring an oar!

Good point.

I had hoping to get 12 to 14 Saturday morning.  Wish we were going to get slightly better weather.

If it's any consolation, Saturday will likely see the least rain of the next several days. There's also wind, but whatever. If we didn't tolerate pain we wouldn't be runners. Right, right? Realistically I will run less than all of you on Saturday and probably be the one most afraid of the rain. In theory I should be doing some solid training right now to prepare for LPR10, but I barely ran Tuesday, missed Wednesday, and so far have only run 2 miles today. It's questionable whether I will run tonight; I'd likely have to pay to run on a treadmill. Hard to imagine I'll have a dream weekend of running; I might have to look for treadmills again some days.

Since the race is postponed, can we meet in the Leonardtown Square, near the Olde Town Cafe instead of at Ryken?

philibusters

Since the race is postponed, can we meet in the Leonardtown Square, near the Olde Town Cafe instead of at Ryken?

Okay.  Where is a good place to park?

philibusters

So Metric Marathon has been cancelled.  I am probably going to aim to do my long run Saturday.  How far are you going Crystal?  I'll probably to do your full run now.