The League of Extraordinary Runners

Training (Read 5242 times)

So Metric Marathon has been cancelled.  I am probably going to aim to do my long run Saturday.  How far are you going Crystal?  I'll probably to do your full run now.

I would really like to get in 22 miles.  Some of the other long runners (that may or may not show up due to weather) are planning to do 20 miles.  My goal is to get there (park on the street near The Rex or the Leonardtown Square) and start running about 6:40am(ish).  I'd like to get in a couple of miles before 7am (when some of the other runners may show up).  You up for meeting then and running that far?

AmoresPerros

Options,Account, Forums

My run is logged in the various segments - https://beta.runningahead.com/logs/328d2d63609042099bc341d7b881e24e/workouts

• Before 0700 - 2.6mi
      • 0700 start - 5.5mi
      • 0800 start (& to SMR) - 10.5,o
      • SMR to LHS - 2.5mi
      • 3100 tempo on track - 2mi
      • recovery on track - 0.4mi
      • 850? tempo on track - 0.6mi
      • LHS to square - 2.5mi

I got 26mi in.

It's a 5k. It hurt like hell...then I tried to pick it up. The end.

philibusters

I just saw Perry ran 26 miles on Saturday and then 34 more on Sunday for a two day total of 60 miles.  I have weeks in the high 50's where I considered it a pretty good week.

AmoresPerros

Options,Account, Forums

I just saw Perry ran 26 miles on Saturday and then 34 more on Sunday for a two day total of 60 miles.  I have weeks in the high 50's where I considered it a pretty good week.

And I got in two tempos; Saturday where I lasted 3100m with you guys, and Sunday morning where I went the whole 3mi. And today I did a 5K tempo.

philibusters

That is a fast tempo and a really fast finish.

AmoresPerros

Options,Account, Forums

Speaking of very fast, I just saw your mile intervals (from today). Nice.

philibusters

I am doing a 5k tempo myself on Thursday, but it will be slower than Perry's.  I'll probably run 20 minutes at an even pace.  The first two miles will be similar to Perrys but the last mile will be like 30 seconds slower.

I am also running 16 miles on Saturday hopefully with half of them at a sub 7:30 pace.

It looks like you are embracing marathon training Perry.

philibusters

I spoke too soon.  My hamstring is tweaked from last night's speed workout so no tempo for me this week.   I have no pain in my hamstring, but I noticed it pulling slightly during my 8 mile run tonight.

Those were fast repeat miles by Phil.

That was a fast 800m by Perry.

That was a fast tempo by Crystal.

Meanwhile my week has kind of stunk. I took a day off after my Saturday run with you all, which I didn't mind doing for the sake of recovery. But then I struggled to make time to run the rest of this week. My volume for this week is awfully low. I managed to do a small fartlek this morning, but I was hoping to have a much bigger midweek workout. If not, then I would have at least wanted some good volume. I will have gotten neither. Consequently, I've also gained weight since this weekend. I thought sub 1:10 this weekend was in the cards, but now I think that will be a struggle.

philibusters

Joe you need to beat 1:12:40 (your time last year) as a minimum.

If my log stalking is correct, then Phil has been running this week during his lunch break. Way to go!

AmoresPerros

Options,Account, Forums

It is beautiful this week and I want to run, but LPR10 makes me think I should refrain.

After just two days to start the week Perry and Phil are in a dead heat at 35 miles.

AmoresPerros

Options,Account, Forums

After just two days to start the week Perry and Phil are in a dead heat at 35 miles.

As I start Monday, Phil is up on me by 10+ miles (including the miles I am about to log for tonight -- had a good tempo tonight).

What I am watching is the monthly total. I was 20mi up on him, but he has closed that to 10 away, I think, averaging more than 10mi per day.

I assumed Phil was doing morning/evening doubles, but looking at the times, he is using lunchtime.

Phil, when and where are you planning to do your long run this weekend? I can probably do 10 miles of it.