The League of Extraordinary Runners

Training (Read 5242 times)

philibusters

It is hard to run in the dark Perry.  That may have slowed down your second segment.

After taking three days, I am going to do my first run since the marathon tonight.   90% of my soreness is gone.

I agree that running in the dark slows you down. The good news is it can sometimes feel very comfortable.

Good luck on your return to running!

AmoresPerros

Options,Account, Forums

I guess Phil is tapering from logging.

I felt good today; Phil should have been here for a steady-state run today Smile

It's a 5k. It hurt like hell...then I tried to pick it up. The end.

The best time for me to meet Friday for the tempo is probably between 10am and 10:15am. As long as we start after then and before lunch I can do it. I can do TNT north or south. I generally prefer south because I find it easier to stow a water bottle near the start, but I don't care. Let me know what you guys think. As always if my ideas don't work for you, go ahead and plan what does work for you.

philibusters

The best time for me to meet Friday for the tempo is probably between 10am and 10:15am. As long as we start after then and before lunch I can do it. I can do TNT north or south. I generally prefer south because I find it easier to stow a water bottle near the start, but I don't care. Let me know what you guys think. As always if my ideas don't work for you, go ahead and plan what does work for you.

I might shorten it to 7 miles as it took me a little bit longer to recover from the marathon than I was originally anticipating.

AmoresPerros

Options,Account, Forums

I'm in. What is start time and location? I'm flexible, and Joe's request (circa 1000 at Laurel Grove) is fine with me.

I probably won't get any takers, but I will invite the handful of people I can think of who are plausible -- Rob Smith, Jay Clarke, and the Parris daughters.

I am going to jog the traditionally slow Ten Before Turkey tomorrow morning at Solomons at 0800.

Tomorrow is 10 @ 10 (min/mi), and Friday is 7 @ 7 (min/mi)   - Smile

Friday, I'm going to aim for 10:15am at Laurel Grove (TNT South) unless I read anything different from either of you. I may get there a few minutes early, but it can't be counted upon.

I don't think I can make 10 before turkey; have fun!

Phil, how comfortable did you find 4x5:50 to be? Glad you're getting back into regular running after recovering from your big race.

AmoresPerros

Options,Account, Forums

When does the Phil SOMD running begin?

Also, I want to go long on the morning of the 26th, before the Nutcracker (which will be that morning).

philibusters

Christmas eve or Christmas day.  As for the really long run after Christmas.  I am willing to give it a try, but I may pull out at like mile 20 because I don't have the long runs to sustain it.

AmoresPerros

Options,Account, Forums

Christmas eve or Christmas day.  As for the really long run after Christmas.  I am willing to give it a try, but I may pull out at like mile 20 because I don't have the long runs to sustain it.

Traditionally we run 10mi before nutcracker, and then "race" the 5K or the 4mi option.

I was assuming you would want to go further, so we could start earlier for a 10mi before the traditional 10mi before nutcracker?

Alison may come run part of it with us and run nutcracker. Maybe she would pace us for a 5K tempo.

AmoresPerros

Options,Account, Forums

I think you've been running more than I have, anyway, Phil.

AmoresPerros

Options,Account, Forums

Good to see Phil is running this week.

My weekend of running tanked. I jogged some on Friday and then missed Saturday and Sunday. I spent most of the weekend doing home-improvement related things. My eating wasn't great, either. Probably an overall setback of fitness and weight. Oops.

AmoresPerros

Options,Account, Forums

Joe,

Phil clearly outperformed both of us this weekend.

Want to run in WW tomorrow?