The League of Extraordinary Runners

Race Results (Read 2297 times)

AmoresPerros

Options,Account, Forums

Coincidentally (or fatefully), my weekend results were both 5:28. Needless to say, I'm much happier about the latter result.

http://www.bluepointtiming.com/files/results/2012/Rosaryvilleoverall.htm

I was 20th at Rosaryville, and 3AG, in 50K. (Second in my AG was 4:40 - way ahead of me).

Phil was 16th and 2AG, in 25K.

Blaine didn't get listed in results.

50K top three women

Name Time
    Amanda An 5:09:06
    Kathleen 5:28:37
    Hazel Chase 5:47:17

Hm, we saw a different woman next back behind us - so apparently Hazel (who I think is the one that didn't like Scottie at LPRM, and who was very talkative at ES6) passed her late.

It's a 5k. It hurt like hell...then I tried to pick it up. The end.

3 people took splits on the fast heat of the mile.  What I don't know is where each person took your time - on the starting line?  progressively on the blue triangles?  I'm guessing that most of the fast heat splits were taken at the finish line crossing.  There were a few that did not get written down correctly as well.

Durrr

I wish there was footage of the neck and neck Perry vs. Phil race in Race Videos. But wow, looks like Noah Wood was the surprise of the night. In the mile he pummeled Perry, foiled Phil, jipped Joe, shamed Shane, and vanquished Vic --- but still got trampled by Trent. Who is this Chris DeWitt speed demon?

I can tell that Noah's opening split was taken at the finish line instead of the 400 mark.

Chris DeWitt is from another time and another place. He was sent to St. Mary's County in the year 2012 for one reason: to defeat David Raley at the CBRC Twilight Series 5k. He will be back.

Durrr

If I've learned anything the past two summers, it's ... why do we fall in the CBRC 5000m track race? To rise in the Chaptico Classic 10k!

AmoresPerros

Options,Account, Forums

There were some question marks on the third lap splits, and I guessed at them for us. I didn't hazard a guess for Joe, as I don't know where he was then.

Otherwise I recorded them as written, even though they show Joe ahead of me at the 800, which I'm virtually certain is wrong.

I might do a writeup of this race later.

philibusters

I am pretty sure Joe was about 5 seconds behind us at the two lap mark.  The faster race was lacking seasoned split takers.

Though I have taken splits at 4 of the 5 meets.  I always say the splits are accurate to plus or minus a second.  If I am taking splits and I have two guys about a second in front of another guy I am taking splits for it very well may be that the I get the splits for the first two guys and just add a second for the third guy.  You wouldn't think it by the time you watch for their foot to cross, look down (and register the time on the watch), then look back up a second or two has already passed.

philibusters

If I've learned anything the past two summers, it's ... why do we fall in the CBRC 5000m track race? To rise in the Chaptico Classic 10k!

Seriously though, Chris is a sub 17 minute 5K guy (He said he ran 16:10 at his last 5K)  and he'll probably be here next week, so you can get a good competition DR.

philibusters

My race was reminiscent of a run I did in early December of 2011 when I ran a 5:45 mile.  Basically in that DR was running a 3200 interval and I joined him 1600 meters in.  I didn't feel the pace was that fast early, but struggled down the stretch. 

Today was pretty much the exact say thing.  I ran the opening 400 meters in 1:15/1:16 and it didn't feelthat fast, but I nevertheless got tired and fatigued.   I was mildly disappointed.  I didn't have my expectations up because of my training in the past 6 weeks, but still I would have liked to have run better that.  

Durrr

Doesn't DeWitt live in California (i.e., the state)? Did he just move here?

AmoresPerros

Options,Account, Forums

I'm not sure he moved here; I think he may have said he was just visiting, and came over to ensure the races went fast enough.

philibusters

Doesn't DeWitt live in California (i.e., the state)? Did he just move here?

He lives in California, but he is an engineer and works for Northrop Grumman so hes down here for a couple weeks at a time.

philibusters

Looking at the splits, I think the split taker may have confused Joe with Noah.  They have Noah down for 2:39 800 meter split.  If Noah was a head of Joe they may have confused them because Joe thought he was around 2:38 at the 800 mark.

philibusters

Tonight in some ways went about how I expected.  I missed the time I was shooting for by 8 seconds, but it was partly I forgot that a 6:00 1600 split is really about a 6:02 mile split.    I knew a 6 minute pace equaled a 18:36 5K so it was disappointing to come out with 18:44, especially as it more or less felt like I was staying on my 90 second laps.   However, in reality I was pretty much right on my 1600 target times.  12.5 laps at 90 seconds each equals 18:45, not 18:36, so the idfference is the difference between a 1600 and a mile.

Durrr

Race report spoiler alert:  Phil did successfully avoid getting lapped by me ... but by a window of perhaps less than 10 seconds!

I see that the results of the 400s and the 4 X 200 relay went online promptly, but the fields for the two 5000m heats remain blank.