The League of Extraordinary Runners

Race Results (Read 2297 times)

Durrr

Sounds like you all ran on a five kilometer-long Slip 'n' Slide! Joe: based on the runningahead.com race calculator, the time you ran today should lead to you running a 10k in the vicinity of 52:00 (an 8:27/mi pace). And I think it's silly that they gave the overall winner a medal for winning the race and for winning the age group. Otherwise you might've nabbed a bronze medal (unless the two guys not too far ahead of you were indeed among your division).
      Both the guys in front of me got medals for different age groups, so it turns out one guy was younger and one was older. This is one of the few races down here where I can say with some confidence that the 20-29 age group was actually the most competitive age group.
      AmoresPerros

Options,Account, Forums

Sounds like you all ran on a five kilometer-long Slip 'n' Slide!
        Heh, nice description.
        Joe: based on the runningahead.com race calculator, the time you ran today should lead to you running a 10k in the vicinity of 52:00 (an 8:27/mi pace).
        I think that was a slow course -- I hope to be a minute faster at Hospice 5K. (I was a minute faster at the Denton 5K two weeks ago.)
        And I think it's silly that they gave the overall winner a medal for winning the race and for winning the age group.
        After Scott P and I finished a post-awards run around the park, we came back and only a couple people were left, and we talked to them (I think one was the RD) about award stuff, and suggested that next year they do what most races do, and pull the overall winners out of the age group awards, and I think she will do that.
        Both the guys in front of me got medals for different age groups, so it turns out one guy was younger and one was older. This is one of the few races down here where I can say with some confidence that the 20-29 age group was actually the most competitive age group.
        Looks like 1st, 3rd, 4th, 7th, and 8th were all in your age group -- you're right, clearly the fastest age group. More than half of the first 8 finishers were your age group. (Then #9 was the second woman.)

It's a 5k. It hurt like hell...then I tried to pick it up. The end.

Durrr

It appears that one of my coworkers was in this race.
            Perry, that's a pretty killer 10 miler time. Did you think you were going to run that fast from the start and begin accordingly or did you pick it up later in the race?
            AmoresPerros

Options,Account, Forums

My LPR-10 was 1:08 I think, so I wanted to beat that, so I shot for 6:40 pace. The hills were kinda tiring -- I've never done Cherry Pit before so I didn't know what to expect. PS: Don't know actual time yet -- that is estimate based on David Walser's time -- he was the next finisher (after me & the guy I outsprinted at the finish line). I forgot to shut my watch off immediately.

Durrr

Would that be today's Credit Union Cherry Blossom 10 Mile Run? I can't find you or Walser anywhere in the results. Or did you two run it unofficially?
                AmoresPerros

Options,Account, Forums

Today's Cherry Pit 10 Mile race. Cherry Blossom is the big 10 Mile race in DC; Cherry Pit is the small 10 Mile club race in Edgewater (by Annapolis Striders). My posted time was 01:06:18.51 By my count I was 5th in AG. The second woman is listed as being 10 yrs old. I wonder if that is a typo. I didn't see her come in, so I don't know. (I did see the first woman come in.)

Durrr

I'm quite astonished by Walser's 1:07:## 10 mile time --- in light of his recent ... modest 5k times. My hopes of taking age group gold at Hospice might be dashed should Walser-Son compete in the 10k! By the way, will the CBRC site be posting results for the Lookin' For Trouble 5k of this past Saturday?
                    Durrr

Looking for Trouble 5K Default Division Overall Finish List April 4, 2009 Results By Chesapeake Bay Running Club Place Name City Bib No Age Age Group Time Time Back 1 George Hall Waldorf MD 66 40 ***** M 40-49 19:01.0 2 Jessica Schwab Mechanicsville MD 69 26 ***** F 20-29 19:10.0 3 Jeremy Hall Waldorf MD 63 11 1 M 0-13 20:00.0 0:59.0 4 David Kemp Welcome MD 20 41 1 M 40-49 20:37.0 1:36.0 5 Joshua Hall Waldorf MD 62 11 2 M 0-13 20:50.0 1:49.0 6 Jay Hall Waldorf MD 64 9 3 M 0-13 20:57.0 1:56.0 7 Samuel Teague Fairfax VA 71 23 1 M 20-29 21:23.0 2:22.0 8 Mike Fagnano Leonardtown MD 40 40 2 M 40-49 21:28.0 2:27.0 9 Jett Hall Waldorf MD 65 9 4 M 0-13 21:38.0 2:37.0 10 Claire Chiamulera La Plata MD 75 39 1 F 30-39 22:00.0 2:50.0
                        I see where they did not have a 3rd place finisher in the male 20-29 age group category, which upsets me for many reasons. I am also calling shenannigans on the Hall family and a 9 y/o finishing in 20 minutes.
                        Durrr

Indeed, you could've scored a medal just by finishing. Those Hall kids are extremely fast for their respective ages. I think the 11-year-old beat me at Chaptico last year.
                          Durrr

Ok, this does seem suspicious: Male 13 and under Place Name City Bib No Age Overall Time 1 Jeremy Hall Waldorf MD 63 11 3 20:00.0 2 Joshua Hall Waldorf MD 62 11 5 20:50.0 3 Jay Hall Waldorf MD 64 9 6 20:57.0 4 Jett Hall Waldorf MD 65 9 9 21:38.0 Are there two sets of twins??
                            AmoresPerros

Options,Account, Forums

re: Halls (& Avery Cunningham) Yep, there are two sets of Hall twins -- young and younger -- and all ridiculously fast. And the 10 year old girl who finished second woman at Cherry Pit is real -- Paul Serra told me she was ranked 45th in 19&under on WRR (Washington Running Report) last year at the age of 9. But I don't see that online: http://www.runwashington.com/archive0209/other/rankwomaut08.html Her Cherry Pit 10 was: Cherry Pit: Avery Cunningham 01:12:05.58, age 10 http://annapolisstriders.org/resultsCP2009.htm Shouldn't all these little kids be out playing somewhere, instead of frightening us adult runners? Smile re: David Walser David was 1min behind me at Colon Rolling (5K), and then at Cherry Pit 10M, he was also 1min behind me -- so much closer in pace on the 10M, for whatever reason. Paul Serra told me later that he told David Walser to go catch me, when David passed him during the race Smile

AmoresPerros

Options,Account, Forums

BTW, Crystal says there is a Service Day 5K at St Mary's City tomorrow (Saturday) morning, over the paved historic paths; she is considering running it. It starts at 0800. I never heard of it before (but I'm still going to Oak Ridge myself). She says the info says official times will be recorded by the "Chesapeake Running Company" -- dunno who that is.