The League of Extraordinary Runners

Banter (Read 1523 times)

Durrr

I just heard that the Boston Marathon is intensifying qualifying times for all age/gender categories by 5 minutes. As in a guy in his 20s will now have to break 3:05:00 to get in, I think. Thus Joe's 3:08:32 at the Wineglass Marathon would no longer hold up as a BQ --- though his actual time at Boston more than made up for this, of course.

For Rick:

Get Out of Here, Carl!

Durrr

Yep, it's true:

http://www.baa.org/races/boston-marathon/participant-information/qualifying.aspx

2013 Qualifying Times (effective September 24, 2011)

Age GroupMenWomen
      18-34 3hrs 05min 00sec 3hrs 35min 00sec
      35-39 3hrs 10min 00sec 3hrs 40min 00sec
      40-44 3hrs 15min 00sec 3hrs 45min 00sec
      45-49 3hrs 25min 00sec 3hrs 55min 00sec
      50-54 3hrs 30min 00sec 4hrs 00min 00sec
      55-59 3hrs 40min 00sec 4hrs 10min 00sec
      60-64 3hrs 55min 00sec 4hrs 25min 00sec
      65-69 4hrs 10min 00sec 4hrs 40min 00sec
      70-74 4hrs 25min 00sec 4hrs 55min 00sec
      75-79 4hrs 40min 00sec 5hrs 10min 00sec
      80 and over 4hrs 55min 00sec 5hrs 25min 00sec
      Unlike previous years, an additional 59 seconds will NOT be accepted for each age group time standard.

philibusters

Joe and Perry can hit their respective times pretty easily.  I imagine if DR trained specifically for a marathon and had strong base of 50+ mile weeks, that like Joe he would quite easily run sub 3:05.

Durrr

Previously I was going to say that Phil just needs to knock 10 minutes off to BQ, but now he'll have to strive a bit harder and subtract 15:00 --- which I think is well within the realm of possibility.

AmoresPerros

Options,Account, Forums

They added a last-minute 3:35 pace group - pulled the girl from our pace group, and she & a guy wore back-bibs with hand-written numbers and carried a sign with hand-written 3:35 on it -- I expect they decided to do this because of 3:35 being the open womens' BQ.

It's a 5k. It hurt like hell...then I tried to pick it up. The end.

philibusters

I realized recently that while I returned the water cooler after Maxwell Hall, I still have the Hot Chocolate Powder.  The tin is mostly empty, but has some left.  I can give it to you sometime this week.

Phil,

I say, keep it if you think you will use it.  If there really isn't too much left and you don't want it then you could toss it.  I don't know how well if will keep until next year otherwise.  Thanks.

AmoresPerros

Options,Account, Forums

Whatever you do, don't toss it -- I'll drink it if Phil won't.

Who is this flatAmoresPerros and what has he done with the old one?

Snatched Perry

fedAmoresPerros?

Uh, shouldn't it be feedAmoresPerros?

philibusters

I think I just recognized the picture Joe posted when saying "who is this new flatamoresperros and what happened to the old one". I remember that guy from invasion of the body snatchers, a movie Joe rented in college when I was his roommate.  That would also make it appropriate for saying who is this new guy and what did you do with the old one.

AmoresPerros

Options,Account, Forums

fedAmoresPerros?

Uh, shouldn't it be feedAmoresPerros?

No. Why do you ask?

Rick Santorum swore at a reporter who he perceived as being aggressive towards him. In an article about it, somebody had this to say in defense of the reporter:

“I’ve never seen @jeffzeleny ‘aggressively attack’ anything other than a long run or a nice meal,” CNN reporter Peter Hamby tweeted.

Sounds like a kindred spirit.

Durrr

This has got to be her (at least that's how I pictured her while reading your account).

I picked her out of the flickr crowd and guessed correctly --- as Perry's wonderfully illustrated newsletter race report reveals (and if only I'd known all along that hyperlinks translate into pdf files!).

AmoresPerros

Options,Account, Forums

I had the idea to try it when I read Phil's nifty LPRM report with image links.