The beautiful persons club

BP Hair (Read 606 times)

Bugs

Do you cut your hair shorter for a race? My last marathon I did, the pictures were much better with the short-short hair, however don't know I want to have that short of hair again.

Bugs

Short short hair on females makes me Cry

Bugs

but look how cute I am? MTA. I have yet to understand guys and the long hair obsession.

Bugs

zoom-zoom

rectumdamnnearkilledem

but look how cute I am? MTA. I have yet to understand guys and the long hair obsession.
          I definitely look a LOT better with shorter hair (DH even admits it). My hair is baby-fine and poker straight. When it's much longer than chin-length it just hangs flat and gets stringy. And running with it's a PITA--I always have to put it back in a pony-tail. I have a small face and small features, so shorter hair is just more flattering. I'm going in for a cut on Thurs. It's been 6 weeks or so and it's really a mess right now. I'm going to have an inch or two off from the back, so that I should still be able to tuck the front behind my ears, then throw on my hat and shades and go on race day. I think we have pretty similar hairstyles, Bugs.

Getting the wind knocked out of you is the only way to

remind your lungs how much they like the taste of air.    

~ Sarah Kay

I believe it's blamed on the added symmetry. Same reason some females like guys like Fabio. I'm a product of nature - I can't help it.

Do you cut your hair shorter for a race?
              I'm a fan of the flat top. My wife, not so much. http://news.runtowin.com/2007/04/05/marathon-tip-cut-your-hair.html

Run to Win
              25 Marathons, 17 Ultras, 16 States (Full List)

I guess cutting nails, removing body hair, wearing contacts, scrubbing off dead skin, and making sure the bowels are empty will be along the same lines as a haircut. Wink

Bugs

Short Haircut For Marathon #2. It was hot! I accidently dumped energy drink on my head (instead of water) at mile 3, gave me that gel look. MTA: It's not that cutting it off is such a big deal, but the hairdressers just don't seem to understand "just a trim" when growing it out. Angry

Bugs

Oh Mighty Wing

I only get my hair cut once a year. On more than one occasion that once a year tended to correspond to the loss of a serious boyfriend. It always ended with a VERY short pixie cut that I ended up hating... I got my hair cut for back-to-school. I went to a little boy's hair place (Big League Cuts) - They cut so little there was hardly hair on the floor. And it only cost $10!!! That was awesome!
                    PWL

Has been

Not me. I love a girl with a cute little short cut. Always have. But I also really dislike hair in general. I shave my head for that reason.

"Years ago my mother used to say to me, she'd say, 'In this world, Elwood, you must be' - she always called me Elwood - 'In this world, Elwood, you must be oh so smart or oh so pleasant.'  Well, for years I was smart.  I recommend pleasant."

A Saucy Wench

I was going to get a hair cut but my normal length is a little long for coolness and a little short to do anything with. Right now my hair is a little long but just long enough to do 2 ponys sprouting out from beneath my hat. I look like the Wendy's chick.

I have become Death, the destroyer of electronic gadgets

"When I got too tired to run anymore I just pretended I wasnt tired and kept running anyway" - dd, age 7

Bugs

If the hair looks bad, sunglasses are a must. Some how the coolness of the glasses evens out the look. I've decided to get my normal short hair cut (not short short) and try to put in extra gel. I just don't like it when it is flat on my head. If I need to re-gel during the race I can always use GU. Smile Ennay, getting excited? My legs need this taper.

Bugs

A Saucy Wench

If the hair looks bad, sunglasses are a must. Some how the coolness of the glasses evens out the look. I've decided to get my normal short hair cut (not short short) and try to put in extra gel. I just don't like it when it is flat on my head. If I need to re-gel during the race I can always use GU. Smile Ennay, getting excited? My legs need this taper.
                            I feel amazingly flat.

"When I got too tired to run anymore I just pretended I wasnt tired and kept running anyway" - dd, age 7

Bugs

I feel amazingly flat.
                              My legs are always heavy right before marathon. Even the day before I will struggle to run 2 miles easy. I'm trying to strech more this time, hoping that will help. Maybe the brains ways of forcing us to not run fast before the marathon? MTA, Can I ask what your time goal is?

Bugs

A Saucy Wench

BQ. In June I thought I had it in the bag, but I have gained enough weight to make me worry.