The beautiful persons club

Time Tested Beauty Tips (Read 399 times)

I know I'm usually extolling the virtues of the shallow and self-centered here, but I thought I'd share this with all you beautiful people. I apologize for the serious tone, but really need a reminder this afternoon to see the best in people. Smile Enjoy - it was a favorite poem of Audrey Hepburn. For attractive lips, speak words of kindness. For lovely eyes, seek out the good in people. For a slim figure, share your food with the hungry. For beautiful hair, let a child run his or her fingers through it once a day. For poise, walk with the knowledge you'll never walk alone. People, even more than things, have to be restored, renewed, revived, reclaimed, and redeemed; Never throw out anybody. Remember, if you ever need a helping hand, you'll find one at the end of your arm. As you grow older, you will discover that you have two hands, one for helping yourself, the other for helping others. The beauty of a woman is not in the clothes she wears, the figure that she carries, or the way she combs her hair. The beauty of a woman must be seen from in her eyes, because that is the doorway to her heart, the place where love resides. The beauty of a woman is not in a facial mole, but true beauty in a woman is reflected in her soul. It is the caring that she lovingly gives, the passion that she shows, and the beauty of a woman with passing years only grows! Sam Levenson

Amy

Thanks Amy! That was definitely worth posting!!

The Greatest of All Time

Audrey Hepburn.....oh my. Folks, it's hard to be more beautiful than that woman was. She is THE IT girl for me. I am a sucker for dark hair and dark eyes. The only modern day actress that even comes close is Ashley Judd IMHO.
        all you touch and all you see, is all your life will ever be

Obesity is a disease. Yes, a disease where nothing tastes bad...except salads.
        zoom-zoom

rectumdamnnearkilledem

C'mon, Marcus...what about Natalie Portman (I have a total girl crush on her...love her movie roles in recent years):

Getting the wind knocked out of you is the only way to

remind your lungs how much they like the taste of air.    

~ Sarah Kay

zoom-zoom

rectumdamnnearkilledem

Can't forget Kiera, either:

~ Sarah Kay

A Saucy Wench

Not a big Kiera fan...I have to say I have never been a fan of the underbite. I like Natalie Portman, but she is a bit young for me I think Catherine Zeta Jones is hot.

I have become Death, the destroyer of electronic gadgets

"When I got too tired to run anymore I just pretended I wasnt tired and kept running anyway" - dd, age 7

The Greatest of All Time

I can't get into Natalie Portman. I always remember her as a girl in the assassin movie "The Professional". Kiera is ok, but needs to eat a double cheeseburger or something.

Most of those women are way too skinny.

Run to Win
                  25 Marathons, 17 Ultras, 16 States (Full List)

zoom-zoom

rectumdamnnearkilledem

Most of those women are way too skinny.
                    Maybe not WAY too skinny...I've always thought that Kiera has very athletic body type. She and Natalie would look good with an extra 10#s, maybe. Salma looks fantastic, though: And CZJ is definitely stunning:

~ Sarah Kay

zoom-zoom

rectumdamnnearkilledem

And Megan Fox from "The Transformers" also has an overabundance of good genes...

~ Sarah Kay

The Greatest of All Time

And Megan Fox from "The Transformers" also has an overabundance of good genes...
                        Salma is pretty, and Megan isn't hard to look at. Wink

Teresadfp

One day at a time

Marcus, did you see the "Life" special magazine on Audrey? It's out in stores all over the place. I bought a copy, I like her so much! She's the kind of person I wish I'd gotten to meet and talk to.

The Greatest of All Time

Marcus, did you see the "Life" special magazine on Audrey? It's out in stores all over the place. I bought a copy, I like her so much! She's the kind of person I wish I'd gotten to meet and talk to.
                            I have not, but will look for it ASAP. Thanks!

Teresadfp

One day at a time

Here is what the Life magazine cover on Audrey looks like: http://papierblog.papierdoll.net/2008/01/10/best-birthday-gift-ever/

The Greatest of All Time

Here is what the Life magazine cover on Audrey looks like: http://papierblog.papierdoll.net/2008/01/10/best-birthday-gift-ever/
                                Ahhh....makes me feel weird inside looking at that face. Thanks!