The beautiful persons club

B.P. Where y'at? (Read 343 times)

The Greatest of All Time

Roll Call. Everyone check in and describe your last run in three sentences or less. 21 miles yesterday. Pace was easy, but legs feel like shit. Marathon May 18, DAMN.
    all you touch and all you see, is all your life will ever be

Obesity is a disease. Yes, a disease where nothing tastes bad...except salads.
    zoom-zoom

rectumdamnnearkilledem

I hate my lungs. I need to retire my oldest pair of NB 902s. Waiting for new new pair that should be here tomorrow. Speaking of...WWYD. My "youngest" pair of shoes has over 200 miles. I have 2 new pair coming in the next couple of days. If I time it right I can do my 5 miler in a new pair tomorrow. Then I have a 16 miler planned for weds. I am tempted to wear new shoes for this run, too. I'd like to be able to wear them for 25k a week from Sat. I could easily get 30-40 miles on them before the race and have a fresh, squishy pair of shoes for that race, but that long run in an almost out-of-the-box shoe makes me nervous...should I give it a go? How unwise is this? I do have Blister Shield powder that I could put in my socks to combat any early break-in issues. This would be my 3rd pair of this model and I've had good luck so far...but I've never done a long run in them without breaking them in well with lots of shorter ones first.

Getting the wind knocked out of you is the only way to

remind your lungs how much they like the taste of air.    

~ Sarah Kay

I'm still here. Jeez, last run was over a week ago. *Cue violins* Like Zoom-Zoom, my lungs have been really hurting for over a week. Stupid asthma.

Amy

Easy 6 mile run with good company. Legs and breathing seem back to normal. Talked a lot about being ready for Sunday's marathon.

Michelle

Teresadfp

One day at a time

Saturday was 1 mile warmup, 5k race, and then another 2 mile easy run in the afternoon to get me over 30 miles for the week. 6.1 miles, but it seemed easier than that! I'm still tired from last week, so I took two days off in a row. Shocked Back at it tomorrow, in the rain, I guess. Good to hear from you Beautiful People!

Prophet!

Like Zoom-Zoom, my lungs have been really hurting for over a week. Stupid asthma.
              Good thing you weren't here. My lungs haven't been right for the past 2 months. Our friendly local active volcano has been pumping extra SO2 in the air. With the trades down the past few days you're practically drinking the SO2 in Honolulu. MTA - Five easy miles followed by a little dip in the ocean.

Bugs

Moderate 4 miles with average pace 8:36. I would pay $5,000 to get rid of this shin splint, which is concerning. Half marathon is May 17.

Bugs

Teresadfp

One day at a time

Good thing you weren't here. My lungs haven't been right for the past 2 months. Our friendly local active volcano has been pumping extra SO2 in the air. With the trades down the past few days you're practically drinking the SO2 in Honolulu.
                  Eww! I thought Hawaii was perfect! You're disillusioning me!
                    Eww! I thought Hawaii was perfect! You're disillusioning me!
                    It's still pretty darn close to perfect! Smile

Amy

zoom-zoom

rectumdamnnearkilledem

Like Zoom-Zoom, my lungs have been really hurting for over a week. Stupid asthma.
                      Hmmm...maybe Hawaii isn't so great. Amy, let's find a place with no allergens, cold bugs, or active volcanos! Big grin

Getting the wind knocked out of you is the only way to

remind your lungs how much they like the taste of air.    

~ Sarah Kay

Bugs

Easy 6 mile run with good company. Legs and breathing seem back to normal. Talked a lot about being ready for Sunday's marathon.
                        Good Luck. Have fun! Hawaii sounds wonderful to me.

Bugs

The Greatest of All Time

Hawaii sounds wonderful to me.
                          I lived there from 89-92. Perfect weather. Slightly isolated.
                          all you touch and all you see, is all your life will ever be

Obesity is a disease. Yes, a disease where nothing tastes bad...except salads.
                            Good Luck. Have fun! Hawaii sounds wonderful to me.
                            Thanks! I want to go to Hawaii, at least once. Steve has plenty of room for us, we should all go. Big grin

Michelle

Bugs

Thanks! I want to go to Hawaii, at least once. Steve has plenty of room for us, we should all go. Big grin
                              Works for me. I took a vacation to Maui once. It was very nice but could have been warmer. January is too cold. We should plan it around a race.

Bugs

Prophet!

back from my 2000 calories lunch...yes there is plenty of room, just carve your own cave on the basalt lava outcrop hillside that is my backyard.