The beautiful persons club

Great Job Blaine!!! (Read 306 times)

Bugs

Awesome picture. Very cool shoes!

Bugs

For those of you who missed it, here is Blaine's race report from the weekend. Way to go!!!
      I'm disappointed in myself. I won the Scuffle 6 mile trail race this morning, but there was a huge puddle at the finish line and I didn't think to dive headfirst into the mud until after I was mostly through it. Nobody else did. Oh well. At least the kids that were watching the race got to splash in the puddle, and my friend that was doing the timing played in the mud in between finishers. My wife should have won the "Best Bruise" contest (which is awarded to best injury, preferably one that draws blood, and doesn't have to be a bruise.) She didn't realize her legs were all bloody until after we washed the mud off when we got home, though, so somebody else got the prize. As she put it, she rolled her ankle and then rolled the rest of her. (She's fine.) Nobody got to take home the "Most Lost" prize. We apparently did too good of a job marking the course.

Amy

Thanks! Here's the picture of Jamie playing in the mud while he waits for the next finisher: The puddle gets much deeper once you actually got into the finisher's chute.

Run to Win
        25 Marathons, 17 Ultras, 16 States (Full List)

Bugs

Blaine you're still a kid, wanting to play in the mud. My kids were head to know mud this weekend.

Bugs

Oh Mighty Wing

Thanks! Here's the picture of Jamie playing in the mud while he waits for the next finisher: The puddle gets much deeper once you actually got into the finisher's chute.
            ok NOW I get while you are sad about missing out... I can just imagine treating it like a muddy slippy slide!!

A Saucy Wench

I am highly dissapointed that you didnt play in the mud too. Now THAT would have been a BP home page worthy photo

I have become Death, the destroyer of electronic gadgets

"When I got too tired to run anymore I just pretended I wasnt tired and kept running anyway" - dd, age 7

zoom-zoom

rectumdamnnearkilledem

That looks so fun! Have you guys had a ton more rain than usual, too?

Getting the wind knocked out of you is the only way to

remind your lungs how much they like the taste of air.    

~ Sarah Kay

That looks so fun! Have you guys had a ton more rain than usual, too?
                  It's been really hot for the past month, more so than usual. We don't usually top 90° and humid regularly until late July/August. On Saturday, it was hot and the trails were dry (a bunch of the guys went out to run 20-30 miles the day before the race) and it started raining late Saturday night/early Sunday morning. We just got a lot of rain, and its supposed to rain all week apparently. They are calling for hail this afternoon.

Run to Win
                  25 Marathons, 17 Ultras, 16 States (Full List)