The beautiful persons club

Amazing what happens when you look at a calendar... (Read 228 times)

Most is good with the world! I finally got around to looking at my Autumn race schedule; I am definitely running the L/A Bridge Run which is a 5k at the end of the month. That's pretty much my next race, and I plan to go sub-16 (finally) on it despite it not being a super fast course. My backup races were Dan Cardillo and Elliot, which are both really fast races. Those races fall every 2 weeks after one another, which works out well for making sure that I get my goal. Elliot also has the advantage of being extremely competitive (it isn't uncommon to get the Pat Tarpy's or the Moultons or the Nate Jenkins type of runners to head up this way for it.) Now the complications. Erin is running a half marathon, which I thought was the same weekend as Elliot, which meant that if I didn't meet my goal then we'd both be driving to different ends of the state to run. However, I discovered that her half marathon is the weekend before Elliot, so I get to run that race no matter what and I get to be a supportive husband. Yippee! Unfortunately, that means that Cardillo and the Bradbury Bruiser fall on the same day. (The bruiser is a tough 12 mile trail race that I missed last year because I was in DC, and I really want to run it.) So, hopefully I get my goal, get to run the Bruiser, don't get hurt, and still get to race in Elliot. There's no real point to this; I just wanted to share my glee at discovering that I can watch Erin's race and not miss the race I really want to run.

Run to Win
    25 Marathons, 17 Ultras, 16 States (Full List)

Yay! So nice when things work out. Smile

Amy

A Saucy Wench

very nice! This year by some odd miracle every race I wanted to run and all of dh's karting days fell on different weekends. Last year we had a bazillion conflicts and only for Hood to coast and the marathon do I win, I lose the rest. But last year he had to miss a big weekend for the marathon.

I have become Death, the destroyer of electronic gadgets

"When I got too tired to run anymore I just pretended I wasnt tired and kept running anyway" - dd, age 7

Teresadfp

One day at a time

Which HM is Erin running, Blaine? It was nice meeting her on Saturday!
          zoom-zoom

rectumdamnnearkilledem

Man, Blaine...you are getting the calendar that I wish I had. 2008 is such a PITA year for scheduling (and injuries, and overall run quality...I hope '09 is more like '07). Hope all the races go fantastically! Big grin

Getting the wind knocked out of you is the only way to

remind your lungs how much they like the taste of air.    

~ Sarah Kay

Which HM is Erin running, Blaine? It was nice meeting her on Saturday!
              The Maine Coast Half Marathon in York - the all women half (plus one lucky guy)

Run to Win
              25 Marathons, 17 Ultras, 16 States (Full List)

Teresadfp

One day at a time

Hooray, the one I'm doing! (see my sig?)
                PWL

Has been

My wife Emilee is running that one too. She ran it last year when she was pregnant and really liked it.

"Years ago my mother used to say to me, she'd say, 'In this world, Elwood, you must be' - she always called me Elwood - 'In this world, Elwood, you must be oh so smart or oh so pleasant.'  Well, for years I was smart.  I recommend pleasant."

Oh Mighty Wing

Blaine you are a good husband for being excited to be supportive.