The beautiful persons club

BP in Marathon Training (Read 468 times)

Bugs

Flying Monkey Marathon The Omnipresent Dr. Trent is race director for this event. Very hard, hilly marathon in Nashville. I really wanted to try it this year, especially because so many RA people will be there, but recent injuries have ground my training to a halt, and there's no way I'm gonna do my first marathon on limited training. So I'm aiming for next year (and hoping for another big RA turnout!)
    Very cool and thanks for the "monkey" talk. You are smart to wait till you are healed and ready to go. It's such a headache trying to train about injury. I've been really thinking hard about running another marathon 6-8 weeks after this one just because I'd like to try to do a semi-back to back but I don't have one picked. But now I want to make sure this ankle is fine. My family thinks I will not be able to walk in 10 years if I keep this running up.

Bugs

No more marathons for me until I quit my job. Tongue Cry I'd love to do another one, but it's just too time consuming and difficult to balance training and life with billable hours. Jobs suck. Marcus, are you sure you can't afford to hire me? Wink

A Saucy Wench

Jeff - If this year's marathon goes well I might be up for Monkey in 2009 - Bugs. I am kind of in bad shape. Hood to Coast tore me up. Dont know why. Took a low mileage and no long run week last week and am taking the mileage back up this week and hope it holds together. But I have been avoiding hills and speed completely. This was not supposed to be what my August looked like. I was supposed to have more miles and more speedwork in so I could crush this marathon. I have tentatively thought of doing either CIM or Tucson, both of which are 8 weeks after portland, but at this point I am guessing that actually racing portland may leave parts of my body in need of serious down time.

I have become Death, the destroyer of electronic gadgets

"When I got too tired to run anymore I just pretended I wasnt tired and kept running anyway" - dd, age 7

The Greatest of All Time

Marcus, are you sure you can't afford to hire me? Wink
          Tell ya what, we'll open a community service non-profit firm and practice street law. How about that?
          all you touch and all you see, is all your life will ever be

Obesity is a disease. Yes, a disease where nothing tastes bad...except salads.