The beautiful persons club

Cheerleading (Read 418 times)

So Zoomy, are you still planning to volunteer for the Monkey this year? Or do you have secret aspirations to run? I won't be up for running it (maybe 2009), but I've got lots of vacation time and wouldn't mind seeing the middle of the country for a change. Big grin

Amy

zoom-zoom

rectumdamnnearkilledem

This year we'll be blowing our travel wad on a trip to NC in Aug. (with a stop in Nashville on the way down) But I want to do Monkey support in '09 for sure. Not sure that I would ever run it, though. We have a real dearth of hills around here for training, so it would be a recipe for a bad experience as a runner, I fear.

Getting the wind knocked out of you is the only way to

remind your lungs how much they like the taste of air.    

~ Sarah Kay

Gotcha!

Amy

The Greatest of All Time

I won't be up for running it (maybe 2009), but I've got lots of vacation time and wouldn't mind seeing the middle of the country for a change. Big grin
          I guess I'll see you there hot stuff.
          all you touch and all you see, is all your life will ever be

Obesity is a disease. Yes, a disease where nothing tastes bad...except salads.
            Yay!!!

Amy

The Greatest of All Time

Yay!!!
              I can feel the sarcasm pulsing through my monitor.

I can feel the sarcasm pulsing through my monitor.
                No sarcasm intended - that was a genuine "yay". I'm actually really looking forward to meeting everyone. Especially the good looking ones like you. See, this is the problem with being a smart ass. When you say something sincerely, no one believes you. Blush

Amy

I won't be up for running it (maybe 2009), but I've got lots of vacation time and wouldn't mind seeing the middle of the country for a change. Big grin
                  I'm relatively close to Nashville. I wouldn't mind a road trip weekend. Wink There's no way I could run the damn thing, but I think it'd make for a fun weekend. Although, do you think it'd be hard to watch everyone else running and not run? I think I'd have a hard time being there on the sidelines (not hurt) but not participating/running. Do you think Trent would let us run half of it? No, of course not. Damn. I wish I was tougher.

The Greatest of All Time

See, this is the problem with being a smart ass. When you say something sincerely, no one believes you. Blush
                    Exactly. It's hard to dwell in the Swamp regularly and be taken serious elsewhere by fellow swamp-ites, a.k.a elitist pricks and/or Yuppies.

The Greatest of All Time

Especially the good looking ones like you.
                      I did catch that one. Wink You big internet flirt...has to be a word for that....

I'm relatively close to Nashville. I wouldn't mind a road trip weekend. Wink There's no way I could run the damn thing, but I think it'd make for a fun weekend. Although, do you think it'd be hard to watch everyone else running and not run? I think I'd have a hard time being there on the sidelines (not hurt) but not participating/running. Do you think Trent would let us run half of it? No, of course not. Damn. I wish I was tougher.
                        I've thought about this, and frankly it's not ideal to be on the sidelines. But I really don't think I'll be able to run it. I've got my first marathon ever on October 19 - it's really hard for me to imagine doing another (much tougher) marathon the following month. Well, we've got time to figure this one out. Smile One way or another, I'll be in Nashville in November.

Amy

As much as I enjoy racing, I also enjoy working the sidelines and find that it is a lot cheaper. I don't know as I'd travel halfway across the country to volunteer at a race, especially one that looks like as much fun to run, but I volunteer pretty regularly at any local races that I can get to that I'm not planning on running. I wonder if I could talk the missus into heading west for the 2009 Monkey...

Run to Win
                          25 Marathons, 17 Ultras, 16 States (Full List)

I wonder if I could talk the missus into heading west for the 2009 Monkey...
                            Wanna be my coach? Big grin I'm going to need serious help if I'm going to run this thing. I'm thinking 2009 may be too soon for such a feat.

Wanna be my coach? Big grin I'm going to need serious help if I'm going to run this thing. I'm thinking 2009 may be too soon for such a feat.
                              Big grin

Run to Win
                              25 Marathons, 17 Ultras, 16 States (Full List)

Prophet!

I've thought about this, and frankly it's not ideal to be on the sidelines. But I really don't think I'll be able to run it. I've got my first marathon ever on October 19 - it's really hard for me to imagine doing another (much tougher) marathon the following month. Well, we've got time to figure this one out. Smile One way or another, I'll be in Nashville in November.
                                Which marathon are you running ?