The beautiful persons club

Discuss (Read 531 times)

zoom-zoom

rectumdamnnearkilledem

Getting the wind knocked out of you is the only way to

remind your lungs how much they like the taste of air.    

~ Sarah Kay

A Saucy Wench

I disagree I am also dazzlingly clever, which for a while did give me a fabulous career, but now that I am a stay at home mom, my brilliance is lost in the mundane I am side splittingly funny, with a wit that is totally unappreciated in the 4 and under crowd But my beauty...ahh my beauty continues to bring me the kind of attention and appreciation that just makes life worth living

I have become Death, the destroyer of electronic gadgets

"When I got too tired to run anymore I just pretended I wasnt tired and kept running anyway" - dd, age 7

zoom-zoom

rectumdamnnearkilledem

I can sympathize. And I can assure you that 4 year olds eventually "get it." My 7 year old developed an ability to detect and use sarcasm when he was 4-5 (though I have read that most kids don't "get" sarcasm until much later...we just have mad snark skills around here, apparently).

~ Sarah Kay

Oh but there is sooo much more. Like going out and partying with all the other "pretty people"
          Ginny 'Even if you're on the right track, you'll get run over if you just sit there' Will Rogers
          zoom-zoom

rectumdamnnearkilledem

Oh but there is sooo much more. Like going out and partying with all the other "pretty people"
            *sigh* did and I need to get a babysitter.... Sad Wait, does a race with other RA peeps constitute partying with other pretty people? Evil grin

~ Sarah Kay

Teresadfp

One day at a time

There's an entire science fiction series for young adults about a society in which everyone has an operation to make them pretty when they turn 16. The first book is Uglies, the second one is Pretties. My nephew is a buyer for Barnes and Noble in NYC and brings my kids stacks of books, and these were among them. I picked them up and couldn't stop reading! Blush I guess I like the idea after NOT being pretty in high school - blech!

A Saucy Wench

Wait, does a race with other RA peeps constitute partying with other pretty people?
                That, my beautiful friend, is exactly what relay races like hood-to-coast are invented for. It's like a frat party with running Clowning around

"When I got too tired to run anymore I just pretended I wasnt tired and kept running anyway" - dd, age 7

*sigh* did and I need to get a babysitter.... Sad Wait, does a race with other RA peeps constitute partying with other pretty people? Evil grin
                  But of course! Bring Alcohol and it's a party!
                  Ginny 'Even if you're on the right track, you'll get run over if you just sit there' Will Rogers
                  zoom-zoom

rectumdamnnearkilledem

We seriously need to do a big RA meet-up race. It would be so fun to reserve a block of rooms at a cheap hotel and make it a big party weekend. I'd say the race should be no longer than 10-13.1 miles, that way no one is too miserable with running and partying. Smile

~ Sarah Kay

The Greatest of All Time

We seriously need to do a big RA meet-up race. It would be so fun to reserve a block of rooms at a cheap hotel and make it a big party weekend. I'd say the race should be no longer than 10-13.1 miles, that way no one is too miserable with running and partying. Smile
                      I am up for this. Where do you suggest we hold this 'RA Ball'?
                      all you touch and all you see, is all your life will ever be

Obesity is a disease. Yes, a disease where nothing tastes bad...except salads.
                        That would be awesome. Smile

Amy

zoom-zoom

rectumdamnnearkilledem

I am up for this. Where do you suggest we hold this 'RA Ball'?
                          I think something in St. Louis would be fun...right in the middle of the country. Big grin

~ Sarah Kay

Know of any good half marathons out there?

Amy

The Greatest of All Time

I think something in St. Louis would be fun...right in the middle of the country. Big grin
                              I could do St. Louis. It's only about a 5 hour drive. I could maybe catch a Cardinals game too.
                              all you touch and all you see, is all your life will ever be

Obesity is a disease. Yes, a disease where nothing tastes bad...except salads.

A Saucy Wench

Too late for this year, but Flying Pig (Cincy) is always good because they have a 5K and a 10K on saturday and the 1/2 and Full on Sunday...something for everyone. But really, if we are gonna have a party...shouldnt it be someplace more festive than the midwest? Or maybe our illustrious leader Eric should sponsor a runningAHEAD race...proceed to support the site.