Ultra Runners

New here and first ultra in a few months (Read 374 times)

You'll ruin your knees!

Thanks for chiming in everyone. Wet wipes = genius. Would have never thought of it. Lynn, I am volunteering at Cascade Crest this year. It is about a month before my first 50k and I thought it would be good to see an ultra first hand. Smile
    Volunteering at CC100! Way cool! Say howdy to one of my Texas buddies, Dimitry Rozinsky from Austin! If you get a choice in assignment, Hyak and Kacheelus Campground were pretty happening and busy aid stations both located at points where a volunteer can make a big difference to a weary runner in the middle of the night . Both are major aid stations where runners plan to spend a little more time than some of the others. Olallie Meadows seemed like a pretty cool place to be as well. If you like a little more solitude, you can hang out at No Name Ridge (mile 80), which is at the top of a long climb and before the Cardiac Needles...another point where runners sag a bit (or at least, I did!). My hallucinations started in the needles! You'll have to let us know about how it went after the race! Lynn B

""...the truth that someday, you will go for your last run. But not today—today you got to run." - Matt Crownover (after Western States)