Ultra Runners

ATY (Read 190 times)

You are so doomed to horrible looking feet after vol state!!!

Bwah-haha-haha!!!

Ahh, why do we do this to ourselves?
    bhearn

Joe Fejes just passed 500. Kouros is 11 miles back. This last day could be quite dramatic.

There's also a serious battle for third going on between William Sichel (age 60, 420 miles) and Ed Ettinghausen (age 52, 416 miles).

Trent

Good Bad & The Monkey

This is what I answered. It is very likely a reaction between the sweat and the elastic in the socks. This is a well-known reaction that is somewhere between inflammation and allergy.

I will unscientically agree that it looks like some sort of allergic reaction and given the localization probably from sock or shoe although it could even be from something you are sweatiNg out getting trapped in your socks.

TeaOlive

old woman w/hobby

Yes.

Undoubtedly!

But how was Victor?

steph  

TripleBock

Were you that someone?

I think Ray is a nice guy, but I like to get into a meditative state when I run a 24, so I try and pass by Ray pretty quickly or at least stealthily.  I think I havbe done 5 races with Ray around and I am always amazed at 3 things:  1)  How fast he starts 2)  How early he is suffering and 3) how he can have an ulimited supply of talking energy.

Yes.

I am fuller bodied than Dopplebock

Kalsarikännit

For the love of God!!!  (Sorry, I'm a little antsy and crazy.)

Can someone please tell me the winning mileage of Freedom Park and SF One Day?  Their websites have nothing and it has been over 24 hours.

I want to do it because I want to do it.  -Amelia Earhart

On On

Can someone please tell me the winning mileage of Freedom Park 

Asked a friend that was there.  Mens winner around 140, womens around 125.

Kalsarikännit

Rick, I don't know why I don't just turn to you immediately for all my info needs.

I like it when 99% of all things ultra are laid back and old school, but I love my immediate updates on races!

On On

Rick, I don't know why I don't just turn to you immediately for all my info needs.

I like it when 99% of all things ultra are laid back and old school, but I love my immediate updates on races!

If you are still jonesing for info on SF One Day tomorrow I'll dig deep and find the results for you.

Hope you are enjoying the snow.  I think Chicago got about as much as the east coast.

Went out for a few miles tonight with the wife.  The kids were being loud stuck in the house and the snow creates a blanket of peace.

Kalsarikännit

If you are still jonesing for info on SF One Day tomorrow I'll dig deep and find the results for you.

Hope you are enjoying the snow.  I think Chicago got about as much as the east coast.

Went out for a few miles tonight with the wife.  The kids were being loud stuck in the house and the snow creates a blanket of peace.

I will still be Jonesing, but maybe they will have posted results by then.

I'm heading to the airport right now. I heard Chicago is a wreck and we are expected to have a HIGH of seven below on Mon, BEFORE windchill!

It's nice that you headed out to get away from the kids, but why not just lock them cold to play in the snow?

I thought about your kids at ATY. It was a very family friendly event, and a lot of kids were out there doing laps without getting in the way. It seemed that one parent ran, one hung out or crewed, and the kids did their thing. I know your kids put in some miles at your events. But I didn't know if others have.

On On

Freedom Park, I'll work on SF.  http://www.leetiming.com/2013FPNYU.pdf

Kalsarikännit

wcrunner2

Are we there, yet?

It's early on the East Coast with Fejes at 540.65 miles now 6 miles ahead of Kouros. Ettinghausen passed Sichel during the night and has a 4 mile lead with 457.72 miles. Listed time for results 138:46:57.

2024 Races:

03/09 - Livingston Oval Ultra 6-Hour, 22.88 miles

05/11 - D3 50K
                                  05/25 - What the Duck 12-Hour

06/17 - 6 Days in the Dome 12-Hour.

wcrunner2

Are we there, yet?

Fejes and Ettinghausen are still on pace to set the US men's open and 50-54 AG 6-day records respectively.

2024 Races:

03/09 - Livingston Oval Ultra 6-Hour, 22.88 miles

05/11 - D3 50K
                                    05/25 - What the Duck 12-Hour

06/17 - 6 Days in the Dome 12-Hour.

Mmmmm...beer

Huge congrats WG!  That is some absolutely unreal determination. 

Insane mileage for the six dayers too.

-Dave

My running blog

Goals | sub-18 5k | sub-3 marathon 2:56:46!!