Ultra Runners

ATY (Read 190 times)

runlikeagirI

Unbelievable.  Joe runs with some friends of mine; even though I haven't met him yet, I can't imagine that utter BS coming from your idol doesn't sting.  What a douche.

wcrunner2

Are we there, yet?

Would someone please provide a synopsis. I get an error message when I click on the link.

2024 Races:

03/09 - Livingston Oval Ultra 6-Hour, 22.88 miles

05/11 - D3 50K
            05/25 - What the Duck 12-Hour

06/17 - 6 Days in the Dome 12-Hour.

hugsy

I don't think YK wrote it (maybe a crew member?). Having run with King Joe, I'm pretty sure he did not act unsportsmanlike at all. He's a pretty humble and very supportive guy. Hey WG-DId you notice anything on the course? (Feel free to PM). George-It was a litany of why YK had a bad race: still suffering from the flu, lost baggage, bumpy course, high humidity, crew error, and he accused the American runner of being "antisportive"(?) and taking advantage.
        Trent

Good Bad & The Monkey

The rant actually accused Joe of running better than YK.  He complained that every time YK would stop, Joe would keep running.

For real.

You cannot make this stuff up.

And: looks like the YK rant has been taken down.

TeaOlive

old woman w/hobby

I don't think YK wrote it (maybe a crew member?). Having run with King Joe, I'm pretty sure he did not act unsportsmanlike at all. He's a pretty humble and very supportive guy. Hey WG-DId you notice anything on the course? (Feel free to PM). George-It was a litany of why YK had a bad race: still suffering from the flu, lost baggage, bumpy course, high humidity, crew error, and he accused the American runner of being "antisportive"(?) and taking advantage.

High humidity?  In Phoenix?   And how on earth could any one have been "antisportive" or

take advantage in that type race?

I also can't read the link.

mta: typing while Trent posted.

steph  

TeaOlive

old woman w/hobby

The rant actually accused Joe of running better than YK.  He complained that every time YK would stop, Joe would keep running.

For real.

You cannot make this stuff up.

And: looks like the YK rant has been taken down.

Wow.

steph  

MadisonMandy

Refurbished Hip

Someone copied it, so forever it shall remain:

"On the last couple of weeks of his preparation Yiannis Kouros got a flu during a training in AThens Olympic Complex due to a very cold wind of that day. As the days were passing his health sityation became worse and effected a lot his final condition. At the arrival in Phoenix on Dec. 24, one of his baggage with the most important and necesarry running gear (racingshoes, basic clothes of every kind and other equipment) did not arrive, resulting to many trubles, wasting time to look for the bag and puting the crew and him in a feeling of frustration. Having only a few days to acclimatize to the extremities of this period weither, plus having the flu going on it was hard to face all these problems without loses.

Seen the track, the night before the race Yiannis was very dissapointed as he realised it was bumby, with lots of smal rocks, dust and humidity all aroud the course -especailay near the resting tents where was full of grass. That meant there is no any oportunity to achive any high performance as he was planing to try to acheive. It is clear that if Yiannis new the course in details he will never come to waste his effort for non opportunity of hi performance.

Then, the period of the year with so much cold and humidity during the night and the heat from the other hand during the day time (that forced him to ask for ice to put on his head, in order to avoid sun-stroke) was not ideal, but not promising at all to survive from new flu and other illness created by such weither extremities.

The negative issues did not stop hear. As the race started with so much stress and many goods missing from our staff, one serious problem was created from a member of the crew, who did a mistake in the dosology of Yiannis's drinks that even from the first day -especialy after 20hours a huge oidema was created in all his body and especialy on his bones, joins and arms that he couldn't move properly.

Later on more mistakes from another crew member who was unable to find the specific gear that Yiannis was asking, brought him so much frustration and made him so upset that  he lost his voice and started to get Pharigitis.

After that, there was not even a single moment without coughing for the entire event. All these problems effected his pace and created a general drp of his running tempo.

Many times he was in danger to fall down because of the continues coughing and from sleep deprevation. Axually, it happens twice that he fealt down.

In the last night a new truble came as his nose was bleeding without stop for the entire night.

Despite all these odds Yiannis was focused to complete the race with maximum possible milaedge in under sush bad coditions for him.

However, on top of that he had to face somethhing that desapointed him a lot. He never expected that the American runner will show such an antisportive behavior with antiathletic spirit, so that he was feeling pleased to see Yiannis suffering. Yiannis told him straight and  directly all that he psych-out from his reaction: He told him that it seems he didn't had a goal to acheive in miles/klms etc. His only goal was to take advantege of Yiannis' situation to be sick, his lack of sleep and his lack of his running gear-as his bag never came.

His reactions and running tactic was based on whatever Yiannis was doing.

It was obvious that he was happy to see Yiannis suffering and therefore he was gaining energy from that feeling with antisportive inspiration, considering Yiannis as his enemy and with only whom he had to fight-not for performance. Performance came outomatically as Yiannis was pushing to stay up till the last moment, as he did."

http://footfeathers.blogspot.com/2014/01/yiannis-kouros-dbag-ism-to-new-level.html?spref=fb

Running is dumb.

bhearn

More than that, he accused Joe of taking pleasure at YK's problems.

Evidently, this kind of posting is unfortunately the norm for YK.

Trent

Good Bad & The Monkey

Thanks. This does not seem to include the quote I saw about Joe continuing to run whenever JK stopped.

bhearn

Interesting. That text is not exactly what I read earlier today. I think it had been edited some by the time I read it; there was an introductory paragraph thanking some people, and some of the spelling errors had been fixed.

I think to a certain degree there are some cultural issues at work here, and no doubt misunderstanding on YK's part of Joe's attitude. But it is still very sad.

Trent

Good Bad & The Monkey

Interesting. That text is not exactly what I read earlier today.

Agreed.

TeaOlive

old woman w/hobby

More than that, he accused Joe of taking pleasure at YK's problems.

Evidently, this kind of posting is unfortunately the norm for YK.

That is sad then.

steph  

MadisonMandy

Refurbished Hip

Interesting. That text is not exactly what I read earlier today. I think it had been edited some by the time I read it; there was an introductory paragraph thanking some people, and some of the spelling errors had been fixed.

I read the FB post this morning, and that jives with what I remember.  But yeah, stuff definitely could have been edited.

Running is dumb.

RunJasonRun

I'm friends with Joe Fejes and have shared quite a few races with him.  He's the one of the most humble and kind runners whom I know.

Nobody leaves this place without singing the blues.

Trent

Good Bad & The Monkey

That may all be well and good, but Joe sure has a lot of nerve running faster than somebody in a race.

I'm friends with Joe Fejes and have shared quite a few races with him.  He's the one of the most humble and kind runners whom I know.