Ultra Runners

WS 2011 (Read 807 times)

Kalsarikännit

IRunFar.com will have a twitter feed of the race.  Also the WS100 website will have a live video of the finish once it gets to the end.

Live updates here:  http://www.ultralive.net/ws100/webcast.php

I want to do it because I want to do it.  -Amelia Earhart

I was thinking with Roes' posts he was hedging. Sounds like he was making up excused and trying to play down the race before it happened just so he didn't feel bad when he lost.

Sounds like Roes is actually sticking around at an aid station... he's gotta be done. Not even top 10.

Ellie sounds to be struggling already. But in 4th.

Wish I was there.

WG that sounds way lame about Killian. Autographs and white spandex. Double EWWW.

~Sara
      It's supposed to be hard. If it wasn't hard, everyone would do it. The hard is what makes it great. ~ Jimmy Dugan

Kalsarikännit

WG that sounds way lame about Killian. Autographs and white spandex. Double EWWW.

I will make it up to you.  Jez Bragg.  I had never seen pics before.  Damn.

Imminent Catastrophe

A couple of good interviews at Ultrarunner Podcast--Twietmeyer and Gordy Ainsleigh, who has some funny stuff. 

I wonder if Tracy Garneau can hold on for a repeat. 

"Able to function despite imminent catastrophe"

"To obtain the air that angels breathe you must come to Tahoe"--Mark Twain

"The most common question from potential entrants is 'I do not know if I can do this' to which I usually answer, 'that's the whole point'.--Paul Charteris, Tarawera Ultramarathon RD.

√ Javelina Jundred Jalloween 2015

Cruel Jewel 50 mile May 2016

Western States 100 June 2016

Keep 'em coming WG. That kind of tastiness is a rarity in ultrarunning.

I don't know about Tracy... she hasn't really done anything lately right?

~Sara
            It's supposed to be hard. If it wasn't hard, everyone would do it. The hard is what makes it great. ~ Jimmy Dugan

Holy Crap!  The woman's race is unreal.  I knew of a few of the women that were going to be there, but going through the list I am floored.  This is one damn deep race.

Meghan Arbogast, Annette Bednosky, Rory Bosio,Tracy Garneau,  Liza Howard (I'm really intersted to see how she does), Nikki Kimball, Aliza Lapierre, Ellie Greenwood, Sandi Nypaver (who is very young, but has been tearing it up), Anita Ortiz, Kami Semick, Pam Smith, Caren Spore, Amy Sproston, and Joelle Vaught

Wow.

I want to see Jenn Aradi on an upcoming list.

"If you have the fire, run..." -John Climacus

The King of Beasts

I don't know about Tracy... she hasn't really done anything lately right?

I looked her up on Google image - quite cute.

"As a dreamer of dreams and a travelin' man I have chalked up many a mile. Read dozens of books about heroes and crooks, And I've learned much from both of their styles." ~ Jimmy Buffett

"I don't see much sense in that," said Rabbit. "No," said Pooh humbly, "there isn't. But there was going to be when I began it. It's just that something happened to it along the way."”

Kalsarikännit

I want to see Jenn Aradi on an upcoming list.

It turned out to be for the best that I didn't get in this year.  Besides, I really want to do the regular course and be able to cross the river on my own (it is another raft year).  I learned a lot last year.  Mainly that I will need to bash my quads for months before the race.

I think about this race every darn day.  I am keeping my fingers crossed for next year.  I hope everyone that is out there has a great race.  So great, that they decide they could never improve on the experience and decide they never have to race it (or enter the lottery) again.  Big grin

Kalsarikännit

I looked her up on Google image - quite cute.

Yup.  I like her Ultrarunning cover.  I think it was the first ever cover of UR that didn't look like it was shot underwater with a disposable camera.

MTA:  WSER eye candy for the boys...

The King of Beasts

I dont get Ultrarunning, maybe I should.

"As a dreamer of dreams and a travelin' man I have chalked up many a mile. Read dozens of books about heroes and crooks, And I've learned much from both of their styles." ~ Jimmy Buffett

"I don't see much sense in that," said Rabbit. "No," said Pooh humbly, "there isn't. But there was going to be when I began it. It's just that something happened to it along the way."”

Kalsarikännit

I dont get Ultrarunning, maybe I should.

The cover is usually old white dudes.  Sorry.

Buzzie

Bacon Party!

The cover is usually old white dudes.  Sorry.

Until WG has her breakout race!

Liz

pace sera, sera

Kalsarikännit

Until WG has her breakout race!

Please.  You beat me two weeks ago.  You go get on that damn cover.

Buzzie

Bacon Party!

Please.  You beat me two weeks ago.  You go get on that damn cover.

Great....old white crone.... Nobody wants to see that shot

Liz

pace sera, sera

Buzzie

Bacon Party!

That shit. Nobody wants to see that shit. (Damn Android editor)

Liz

pace sera, sera