Ultra Runners

September 2018 Ultra training thread (Read 33 times)

Pain is my friend

Taper week couldn't have come sooner? Last week I ran 46 miles.  High light of the week was climbing a 11,300 ft peak.  I am as ready as I can be for Wasatch 100.  Sub 24 or bust! I am number 250 if you want to track me.

https://wasatch100.com/

ATY 24   141.445 2019 1st

Bear 100 22:08 2021 

Jackpot 100 Feb 14:59 - 5th

Pulse endurance 48 hr 175.3 miles

Bonnevile Backyard ultra 

Ute 100 Aug

24 hour loop race?

nOOky

Good luck at Wasatch! I don't remember why I chose the Bear 100 over it, I guess they are both HR qualifiers, but someone told me the Bear was prettier and could be cooler.

I'm wondering if pacing someone the last 26.2 of the Superior 100 would be okay 3 weeks before my 100. It is a tough course and there will be 5,500 feet of gain. I'm kind of tired out right now with just over 3 weeks to go, but no injuries etc.

Istria 110k 4-6-2024

WS100 6-29-2024

UTMB 171k 8-30-2024

MCM 10-27-2024

a smith

king of the non-sequitur

WCR, thanks! one thing i will surely get is time on the trail in the beautiful PNW forest!

TMH, you got me watching boundless.i like the one in Utah and the one in Kenya. holy shi! the Kenyan winner of the 75k 4:57. wait what? if the Kenyans catch on to the ultra scene everyone else is toast!

Krash GL! sounds like you are rarin to go!

Bridle Trails 50k 1-13-24 5:39

Cottontail 6 Hour 4-13-24

Cougar Long Series (May,June,July,Aug 2024)

Carkeek 6 Hour 10-19-24 

RWD

Good luck at Wasatch! I don't remember why I chose the Bear 100 over it, I guess they are both HR qualifiers, but someone told me the Bear was prettier and could be cooler.

I'm wondering if pacing someone the last 26.2 of the Superior 100 would be okay 3 weeks before my 100. It is a tough course and there will be 5,500 feet of gain. I'm kind of tired out right now with just over 3 weeks to go, but no injuries etc.

I definitely think you should pace me for the marathon, thank you for the kind offer! 

nOOky

Haha sorry you're going to have to finish it all by yourself RWD! We finished all 3 seasons of boundless, I like Rory Bosio, she's tough and smart. Hunter McKintyre seems like a whiner who doesn't learn from his mistakes.

Istria 110k 4-6-2024

WS100 6-29-2024

UTMB 171k 8-30-2024

MCM 10-27-2024

T Hound

Slower but happier

TH, did you see the Earth Day 50K RD is the new Kettle Moraine RD?

Yes.  Thats good. Ive done a bunch of her races and always organized well.  Im hoping to do km 100 again this year.

2020 goal:  couch to 5K, currently working on the couch block

Pain is my friend

Bear 100 is Pretty.  Wasatch is too. Just most of the great parts you run in the night.  Good luck at Bear.  I plan to run that one next year.

ATY 24   141.445 2019 1st

Bear 100 22:08 2021 

Jackpot 100 Feb 14:59 - 5th

Pulse endurance 48 hr 175.3 miles

Bonnevile Backyard ultra 

Ute 100 Aug

24 hour loop race?

berylrunner

Rick

Taper week couldn't have come sooner? Last week I ran 46 miles.  High light of the week was climbing a 11,300 ft peak.  I am as ready as I can be for Wasatch 100.  Sub 24 or bust! I am number 250 if you want to track me.

https://wasatch100.com/

Nice training block Krash, you will do well.  Have a great race.  A few friends are running (Jared, Kam, Turdl), you will be far ahead of them.  Turdl asked me to pace, but I am running loops in St. George.  What am I thinking?

Just noticed Across the Years.  Let me know what day you are doing.  Slight interest in that.

12-23  Last One Standing  -  Finished 102 miles

2- 24 Grandmaster 100 - 22:32, 1st place

4-24. Cappy's Backyard - 17 yards, 1st place

5-24  Bryce 100 - 29:38, 18th place

drock69

Krash - good luck at Wasatch! Will try to follow along, hoping for a sub-24

Boundless sounds interesting, I don't have Amazon Prime

Only 20 miles for me last week, I think I tried coming back too soon, and had some pain in my calves and shin, even when just walking. Seems better this week, hamstrings are tight, but everything else has calmed down. Just over 2 weeks to WAM55k

Club Fat Ass New Years Day 50k - Jan 1 - 6h13m

First Half HM (road) - Feb. 9

Chuckanut 50k - Mar. 21

Sun Run 10k - Apr. 19

BMO Vancouver Marathon - May 3

Vancouver 100k (Club Fat Ass) - 32h07m 2 runs, pacing 100 miler friends

Whistler Alpine Meadows 100 miler - September 25

T Hound

Slower but happier

Good luck to this weekends racers:  Krash, Beryl, RWD.  Have fun.

ran 20 mi road today ( it was raining all day, not a mud fan) which i havent done in years. Now i recall why. Last LR before next weekends 50.

Found out only 2 people made it to the end of the 15 hour elimination race, one man, one woman.

2020 goal:  couch to 5K, currently working on the couch block

berylrunner

Rick

Good luck to this weekends racers:  Krash, Beryl, RWD.  Have fun.

ran 20 mi road today ( it was raining all day, not a mud fan) which i havent done in years. Now i recall why. Last LR before next weekends 50.

Found out only 2 people made it to the end of the 15 hour elimination race, one man, one woman.

Thanks Treadmill.

Finally got around to your report to see if I could gather anything that would be useful to my race.

#1 don't be late.  I have good directions to the race start.  Been there dozens of times, but that is no guarantee that I will make it on time.

#2 heat management.  Nothing I can do there.  Forecast is a high of 101, but at least a dry heat.

#3 try to stay mentally tough

Not that you failed.  I think you did well given the conditions.  The time cutoffs add a whole new challenge.  Glad you did that last lap, I will try to do the same.

12-23  Last One Standing  -  Finished 102 miles

2- 24 Grandmaster 100 - 22:32, 1st place

4-24. Cappy's Backyard - 17 yards, 1st place

5-24  Bryce 100 - 29:38, 18th place

RWD

Superior has started, I'm soooooo excited. I'm hitting the road soon. Coree Woltering is running!!! I didn't know we were getting a celebrity entrant! He is in 2nd, with last year's winner Neal Collick in first.

Aaaand Tahoe 200 has also started!  I’m going up early on Sunday to help at the Sierra AS.  Three friends running this year.

6/9/24 Cinderella Trail Run 50k, Berkeley, CA

7/20/24 Tahoe Rim Trail 56 miler, NV

9/21/24 Mountain Lakes 100, OR

a smith

king of the non-sequitur

T200: as of right now Coutney D is in the lead at mile 109 with a 6+ mile pad! i am watching to see how J Coury does because he mentioned on their podcast that he was too busy to run at all for 2 weeks leading up to race day which is something i may have to do.

ive got some kind of patellat tendonitis or something achy in my knees and it is scaring me. esp after watching that show unbound (the main character Simon has problems with this)! i have a long list of things that come and go as i run but this one seems like something that could just get worse and worse. i had this problem for about 15 years when i was younger and it kept me from doing a lot of things and not it's back all of a sudden! someone i know told me to do squats but i cant. i can do wall squats but that seems to irritate it so i am just rolling and stretching a lot and just took 2 days off. will go for a short test run later today. will try to get acupuncture if i can and also trying out cbd oil

Carkeek 6 Hour 10-19-24 

a smith

king of the non-sequitur

how to modify a quote without duplicating it?

Carkeek 6 Hour 10-19-24