Ultra Runners

November 2020 Training Thread (Read 20 times)

berylrunner

Rick

51 miles this week.  One workout.

12-23  Last One Standing  -  Finished 102 miles

2- 24 Grandmaster 100 - 22:32, 1st place

4-24. Cappy's Backyard - 17 yards, 1st place

5-24  Bryce 100

Pain is my friend

80 miles for me last week. Did 2 track runs. One 15 miles and Saturday 27 miles. My GPS watch lies to me. It said I climbed 1000 ft on the track. Did the strava elevations adjustment and it put it to Zero where it should be.

Berylrunner- That's a great run.

ATY 24   141.445 2019 1st

Bear 100 22:08 2021 

Jackpot 100 Feb 14:59 - 5th

Pulse endurance 48 hr 175.3 miles

Bonnevile Backyard ultra 

Ute 100 Aug

24 hour loop race?

40 miles this week.  Cancelled the 100 mile race in TX next weekend.  The race is going forward (and has good covid precautions in place) but I wasn't comfortable about traveling given the current state of things.  Not worth the risk to me or my family.

Welp, no more real races on the calendar for me for the foreseeable future.  Will do a LR next weekend instead.  

5/11/24 Grizzly Peak Marathon, Berkeley, CA

7/20/24 Tahoe Rim Trail 56 miler, NV

9/21/24 Mountain Lakes 100, OR

a smith

king of the non-sequitur

im not signing up for anything either. there are two bioengineers in my circle and we had beers outside (yes masked) last night and they are not hopeful. the pfizer vaccine news is good yes but there are so many other factors. -80 freezers and how long is it good for anyway? by the time everyone gets it we may need another...or before. we cannot assume itll protect as long as the flu vaccine, in fact antibody evidence is to the contrary. there is simply no reason for the virus to abate until warmer weather. this is gonna be a long haul ppl. unless you think it's just like the flu then you can just darwin out...just dont take me with you!

44M incl today's walk. lots of dog walks too but not tracking those. i love walking in the escalantes. i can feel my feet and do a sort of meditation by focusing on what my feet are doing it puts me in the present. running too but not in the escalantes. running all over any small obstacles. anything i can find. ppl complain about not having trails or hills but there is stuff everywhere that can help for trail training except here a lot of it is camped on now but i just go around. ya sometimes someone yells at me but i havent been shot at yet, and i havent fallen or run into a tree in a long time. but why does everyone always use the flattest, easiest thing to run on? it's about effort people!

Bridle Trails 50k 1-13-24 5:39

Cottontail 6 Hour 4-13-24

Cougar Long Series (May,June,July,Aug 2024)

Carkeek 6 Hour 10-19-24 

berylrunner

Rick

65 miles for the week.  Long run of 26 in Zion.  Starting to feel like a runner again.

5-24  Bryce 100

nOOky

Our December race was cancelled so I guess I'm not training for anything except a race next May. Just hovering around 40 miles a week, still reporting to work every day, and trying to avoid getting covid despite living in a hot spot. I did 3 runs in new heavy wet snow this week, with the girl dog. It's amazing how much more work that is, my legs are sore from the change in running style.

The girl dog is 2 1/2 years old, so she has been running with me for over a year, and I have decided to try and get her to a marathon distance by the end of the year. Hoping for around 4 hours, but it takes time for a dog to poop and pee along the trail, adding to the time it would also take me. It does take longer than expected to give her water, and I intend to carry everything on my back. She liked Tailwind, so I'll share mine with her.

Istria 110k 4-6-2024

WS100 6-29-2024

UTMB 171k 8-30-2024

MCM 10-27-2024

a smith

king of the non-sequitur

hey all,

we adopted a dog a few weeks ago. i was able to take him on one run so far. the second try he wasnt having it and instisted on dictating brisk-walking pace pulling my leash arm behind me i was running like a one armed naruto so i took him home. he gets about 3 walks a day though probably avg 3 miles per day. idk if he can become a better runner but with all he's been through i dont want to push him. he's a really good dog at home, he just goes ballistic at certain other dogs. you can tell it's just in him. who he is Smile

getting about 40M per week. just signed up for merry vertmas. finally a virtual event that makes an actual running versus treadmill distinction and counting vert. goes from 12-1 to 12-25. a new job has my priorities changing but i still need physical goals and challenges...maybe moreso.

hope everyone had a great TG!

Carkeek 6 Hour 10-19-24 

Hey all. I’m also hovering around 40 miles per week.  I’m doing a fat ass 50k in San Francisco next Sunday but that’s all I’ve got on my calendar until next July.  Anyone else buy WSER raffle tickets for the drawing on 12/5?  Someone’s going to get picked, why not me!  

berylrunner

Rick

47 miles for the week with some good vert.  Today I will finish the month out with a daily 10k minimum and plan to keep it going.  Fitness is returning but still struggling with a high heart rate for the first couple of miles.

5-24  Bryce 100

a smith

king of the non-sequitur

63M 14.9K vert in 6 days out of 25 for the merry vertmas challenge. trying to get 2k per day. so far so good. week after next i have to work a lot so trying to get a lot in now. mostly in my neighborhood but have been driving to the base of some hills too. went to tiger mt chirico trail on wed. i thought that would be a good day/place to avoid people. nope. a lot of people on the narrow trail without masks huffing and puffing with the apparent mindset that if you are outdoors the virus cannot be spread. ironically its easier to avoid people in the city so it's lots of urban hill reps for me. maybe get back up there this week and try a different trail/area. it's interesting to think not about pace or distance but feet gained per hour. 1000'/hr is a good pace for me Smile

Carkeek 6 Hour 10-19-24