Ultra Runners

Burning River 100 (Read 238 times)

this weekend and is also slated as the USATF championship 100 miler for 2010. I'll get a glimpse of the action from the mile 33 aid station.

Anyone care to make some picks for top 5 or 10? I don't know everyone but would like to hear if there are any sleepers or unknowns. Here is the latest entrant list

http://www.burningriver100.org/docs/2010BR100Entrants.pdf

Weather outlook is good with cooler mid-to-high 70s forecast for Saturday and lacking the recent disgusting heat and humidity. Trails overall are in good shape and not too muddy

Purdey

Self anointed title

Hey Roots.

I would pick Mark Godale to win.  Don't know enough about the others to comment.

For the womens' race it could be good between Connie Gardner and Annette Bednosky!

MTA: Just seen Eric Grossman on the list.  Didn't he win Miwok in 2009?  Should be a contender too.

Indeed, Godale and Gardner get a nod for home-course advantage and as previous winners of the event.

I ran part of the course last week with Mark and he seems ready. Considering he just ran West Highland Way and WS100 in consecutive weeks I'm not entirely sure.

Connie will be tough to beat, even with only a couple weeks since Badwater.

I don't know a lot about the field either but some names that stand out on casual glance: Grossman, Braje, Godale, Yanko, Smithberger.

Purdey

Self anointed title

You ran part of the course with Mark Godale - that must have been pretty cool.  Is he a friend?

Yeah, Mark is a local. Every once in a while I make it to a club run. Rarely I can keep up.

I live near the Cuyahoga Valley. Parts of the Burning River 100 go through my local park.

For anyone hanging out online this weekend, here is the webcast:

http://www.chaneyevents.com/webcast.html