Ultra Runners

Socks (Read 540 times)

Buzzie

Bacon Party!

I've been a Drymax fan, but have been toying with Injinji Liners as well.

I can't stand regular Injinjis. But the Liners are so thin and stretchy, they actually fit my toes without leaving excess material at the ends.

Just survived 60 miles on the Ozark Trail, feet wet from the first creek on, without even a hint of a blister - and I've always blistered, at least where my pinky toes underlap their neighbors...

Smeared my feet with Maximum Strength Desitin (zinc oxide). Then added Injinji Liners and Drymax Hyper Thin. Perfect!

Works out to about the same thickness as my old Drymax Lite Trail socks. And, I should think the Desitin would help sooth any sock roughness.

(BTW, Cath's feet were a macerated mess. I sent her back to Dubai with a tin of Desitin.)

Of course, my shoe choice may have helped - New Balance Minimus Trail, with plenty of room for my toes to splay and work naturally.

Liz

pace sera, sera

ebiss

Much has changed with socks since this thread started. I was wondering what socks you guys are using for 100 milers.

nOOky

Darn Tough 1/4 socks exclusively. A bit of Bodyglide over my toes and I almost never have foot issues. I almost never change socks, even when my feet get wet. YMMV.

Istria 110k 4-6-2024

WS100 6-29-2024

UTMB 171k 8-30-2024

MCM 10-27-2024

I'm not very particular.  I wear Darn Tough, Balega, Sporthill, WrightSocks, Drymax, Asics.  With SNB between the big toe and the toe next to it on the right foot.  But definitely 1/4 socks.

5/11/24 Grizzly Peak Marathon, Berkeley, CA

7/20/24 Tahoe Rim Trail 56 miler, NV

9/21/24 Mountain Lakes 100, OR