Ultra Runners

June 2018 Ultramarathon thread (Read 35 times)

I am pacing a buddy for WS for about 20 mile some where.  What aid station are you working at GatsbyBird?  I will come say hi.

Krash, I'm the captain at ALT, mile 85.2  Who are you pacing? Do you know where you're picking up him/her?

5/11/24 Grizzly Peak Marathon, Berkeley, CA

7/20/24 Tahoe Rim Trail 56 miler, NV

9/21/24 Mountain Lakes 100, OR

drock69

46.1mi with 5367' of elevation gain. Did a point to point training run for the Knee Knacker yesterday, 20 miles from Hollyburn Mountain to Deep Cove, more downhill than up. One of the first hot days here, wasn't bad since it was mostly in the trees. Quite a few places to fill up your water, the last 8 miles, there wasn't any water though, and didn't fill my bottles in the last place, so was rationing water and just wetting my throat by the end. Really was dragging on the hills at the end. Ran with some people for part of it, the last bit was alone though. Next week's training run is the first 3/4 of the run, and starts almost at sea level, then up to the top of Black Mountain, need to recover this week to make this one.

Gatsby - cool that you're an aid station captain for WS!

TreadmillHound - thanks!

Club Fat Ass New Years Day 50k - Jan 1 - 6h13m

First Half HM (road) - Feb. 9

Chuckanut 50k - Mar. 21

Sun Run 10k - Apr. 19

BMO Vancouver Marathon - May 3

Vancouver 100k (Club Fat Ass) - 32h07m 2 runs, pacing 100 miler friends

Whistler Alpine Meadows 100 miler - September 25

Pain is my friend

I am pacing a buddy of mine eric from UT. I am pacing somewhere 20 miles.  I will come by and say hi.

Krash, I'm the captain at ALT, mile 85.2  Who are you pacing? Do you know where you're picking up him/her?

ATY 24   141.445 2019 1st

Bear 100 22:08 2021 

Jackpot 100 Feb 14:59 - 5th

Pulse endurance 48 hr 175.3 miles

Bonnevile Backyard ultra 

Ute 100 Aug

24 hour loop race?

paul2432

Hey guys thanks for the well wishes. I’ve been absent of late with posting but have been reading.

Training and taper for WS has gone fairly well.  We are driving up tomorrow from the LA area.

Looks like its it’s going to be a scorcher

Gatsby - I’m number 333, if all goes well I should come through around 2AM.  Please say hi if you can manage.

Bert-o

I lost my rama

Paul - Good luck at WS!

Krash - Nice 10K!  Keep it up, and you'll be in danger of becoming a road runner. 

Gatsby - Very cool of you to volunteer for WS.  You definitely picked a fun aid station. 

I just signed up for the Forbidden Forest 30 Hour race on the 30th (10 days from now).  It should be interesting as the early forecast is mid-80's during the day, so the heat and humidity will be my biggest worry.  Will try for 100 and pace for 24 hours, but just finishing 100 will be a win for me.

3/17 - NYC Half

4/28 - Big Sur Marathon  DNS

6/29 - Forbidden Forest 30 Hour

8/29 - A Race for the Ages - will be given 47 hours

dhuffman63

Trails

Good luck to everyone racing, aiding or training this weekend.

Bert-o

I lost my rama

Good luck to everyone racing, aiding or training this weekend.

Are you still in Angry Jack 50k on Saturday?  If so, good luck!  Your running is really coming around since the beginning of the year.

3/17 - NYC Half

4/28 - Big Sur Marathon  DNS

6/29 - Forbidden Forest 30 Hour

8/29 - A Race for the Ages - will be given 47 hours

dhuffman63

Trails

Yep Bert, it'll be my 5th 50k and I'm planning on it being my 3rd completion!

Hey guys thanks for the well wishes. I’ve been absent of late with posting but have been reading.

Training and taper for WS has gone fairly well.  We are driving up tomorrow from the LA area.

Looks like its it’s going to be a scorcher

Gatsby - I’m number 333, if all goes well I should come through around 2AM.  Please say hi if you can manage.

Sounds like your training has been solid and you’re ready to go. Make sure to cool off in the creeks, pack yourself with ice, and take advantage of the icy sponge baths at aid stations. See you at ALT.

a smith

king of the non-sequitur

Drock, nice week & solid traiing

Paul, good luck at WS! hope the weather is cool!

Dhuffman, good luck this weekend!

Bert, i see you have got the bug!

need to watch the irunfar WS pre race vids. who is favored?

having a massive week so far...well massive for me anyway and massive for not having to drive anywhere to do it. mon-wed 46.6 miles 7k vert. i kinda have a self-destruct fuse at 70M in a week. not sure if it will kick in. got hammered by some wasps on monday and now i have an itchy golf-ball on the back of my head! do wasp stings count for something in training?

Bridle Trails 50k 1-13-24 5:39

Cottontail 6 Hour 4-13-24

Cougar Long Series (May,June,July,Aug 2024)

Carkeek 6 Hour 10-19-24 

Yep Bert, it'll be my 5th 50k and I'm planning on it being my 3rd completion!

Have a good race on Sat!

paul2432

Jim Walmsley and Francois D’Haene on the men’s side and Courtney Dewalter and Kaci Lickteig on the Women’s side are probably the consensus favorites although there are several others that have a decent shot at winning, especially if the favorites have issues.

T Hound

Slower but happier

Paul, Krash and Gatsby have fun at WS!

Fnyhd.  Wasps are def ultra  doping:  Vespa Wasp Extract

dhuff good luck on 50k.

2020 goal:  couch to 5K, currently working on the couch block

berylrunner

Rick

Good luck to the racers.  Have a good time out there.

Been reading the posts, but got behind on the comments.  Busy time of year with work and garden.  Running has become less of a priority.  I have been doing my daily runs, just no long outings.  Paces have been faster.

Had a great outing in the Grand Canyon last month.  Maybe will do a 30+ run with my brother next week.

12-23  Last One Standing  -  Finished 102 miles

2- 24 Grandmaster 100 - 22:32, 1st place

4-24. Cappy's Backyard - 17 yards, 1st place

5-24  Bryce 100

a smith

king of the non-sequitur

Paul, Krash and Gatsby have fun at WS!

Fnyhd.  Wasps are def ultra  doping:  Vespa Wasp Extract

dhuff good luck on 50k.

that vespa stuff is interesting. DW does keto and she is gradually getting me into it. I have always favored fats over sugars for ultras & we are currently trying out some new recipes for fat-adapted ultra fuel.

following WS twitter feed on irunfar. Jim has been holding a stead but narrow lead over Francois at midway, I think Luck Bartholonew leads the ladies

Bridle Trails 50k 1-13-24 5:39

Cottontail 6 Hour 4-13-24

Cougar Long Series (May,June,July,Aug 2024)

Carkeek 6 Hour 10-19-24