Ultra Runners

Hardrock! (Read 379 times)

Wasatch Speedgoat

I got in and will be attempting my third finish out of eight attempts! This year I will get it done to get another point for next year

Anyone else?

Steve

Life is short, play hard!

You'll ruin your knees!

Well, I have to reassess my 2010, as I ended up 241 on the wait list... I HAVE NO SHOT AT GETTING IN!

Last year I was #44 on the list and ended up without a date on prom night!  I now have to decide what to do (many other key races are already closed) and whether my plans will include a trip to Silverton or not.  Oh well, I knew that putting all my eggs into one basket was a risk. 

Congrats Steve!  Looks like cgerber also got in!!!  Congrats Chris!  I'll either be there to cheer you guys on and to pace a friend (Joe P or others from TX)  or will follow your progress online!!!!!

Lynn

""...the truth that someday, you will go for your last run. But not today—today you got to run." - Matt Crownover (after Western States)

Thanks Lynn!!  So sorry you didn't get in.  That lottery was very bittersweet to watch, because so many of my friends didn't get in.

(Got in Wasatch too, so it's going to be a busy summer!)

Wasatch Speedgoat

Lynn....I hope you're there to take my photo at the finish again :-) You'll get in someday...

Chris, we'll see you out there, too ...I guess you won't be doing Soft Rock this year!

Deb and I will be signing up for the Bear again, so hope to see you there, too....

Lynn....I hope you're there to take my photo at the finish again :-) You'll get in someday...

Chris, we'll see you out there, too ...I guess you won't be doing Soft Rock this year!

Deb and I will be signing up for the Bear again, so hope to see you there, too....

No Softrock this year... I'm going to go down early and shuttle people's gear for it though.  Lynn...you should join us for the Softrock 100.  It's the Hardrock course, over three days...staying in hotels, soaking in the hot springs, and eating good food.  :-)

Not sure of the days, but probably the weekend before or the week of Hardrock.

I'll probably be at Bear, pacing my friend Kari (who, along w/ Steph Ehret, paced me last year).  Hope to see you guys there too.

You'll ruin your knees!

Where can I find out more about this Softrock 100???  Is this different than the trail marking?

""...the truth that someday, you will go for your last run. But not today—today you got to run." - Matt Crownover (after Western States)

Where can I find out more about this Softrock 100???  Is this different than the trail marking?

Yeah, it's unofficial, not the trail marking days.  Peter Bakwin (aka, the double-Hardrock guy) and Buzz Burrell came up with the idea on a trail run one day.  We were talking about it again this weekend and they are still game to do it... and now I know several others who didn't get in who are talking about it too.

I'll keep you in the loop when it gets to more than the conceptual stage.

Wasatch Speedgoat

It sounds like a blast, but I'll be doing the real deal ;-)