Womens Running

Tired Tuesday (Read 19 times)

Anonymous Guest

Inspiration for today:

https://www.runnersworld.com/news/a19833409/unknown-runners-at-the-boston-marathon/

Packing up and heading home today. I can't wait to watch the marathon on TV - I forgot to record it so I hope it's still available on demand!

Coaching testimonial: "Not saying my workout was hard but KAREN IS EVIL."

Upcoming races: Hennepin Hundred - October 2024

Check out my website and youtube channel

Lizziebeerunning

Cupcake Connoisseur

7.2 for me. Body Pump tonight.

Shorts yesterday..gloves and pants today. I dont mind of course Smile With the big mileage weeks I have been doing - this run seemed like nothing haha. My feet are happy for the cut week Smile I was tempted to do more..but stopped myself. I have my last peak week next week and I want to be ready and "rested" for it. Anyway, it was a good run this morning!

Those who don't have FB - HCBF got the call yesterday to come back home!!! No more beach! Well, by June 1 he should be back here full time. So, we have a vacation at the end of May..and when we get back he will be here for good. A project manager is resigning here in the Richmond office, so he will be filling the spot. I think he is going to try to split his time between here and the beach so he can learn the ropes. We are very happy! Light at the end of the tunnel!

Lots to do today. It feels like Wednesday..what a disappointment.

Diane – Come to think of it – my car tells me when I need one. Hmm..wonder why it hasn’t! The challenging races are what make you stronger! If it wasn’t hard – everyone would be doing it. That’s what I keep telling myself anyway.

Tessa – UUGHHHHH get better already!

Karen – I kinda teared up reading that inspiration. Ugh. We are so so proud of you!!! You did amazing. I was anxious tracking you – haha. I saw how miserable those conditions were..you were so strong and kept up a great pace!! I cannot wait to read your race report!! AHH!! So beyond happy for you. You are an inspiration to me and everyone else here!! Your dinner looked DELISH btw.

Laura – Nice workout yesterday!! Glad you ended up finding someone to go with you today.

Docket – Hope you were able to get some rest last night. Loved your SC picture yesterday! There was a very nice house in the background!

Happy Tuesday!

October 4 - Milwaukee, WI - 26.2

November 14 - Richmond, VA - 26.2

March 21 - Virginia Beach, VA - 26.2

Lizziebeerunning

Cupcake Connoisseur

Run4kupcakes - I tried to reply on your RR but it wouldn't let me. Probably user error of some kind haha. Congrats on a tough race. I have run through those kind of winds and it is HARD. You did great! I laughed out loud at your comment to DH Smile I think I would have DEFIANTLY said the F bomb Smile As for your next race, maybe Salisbury. I think the wind would be LESS since it is more inland. Which one are you leaning towards? YOU DID AWESOME!!

Docket_Rocket

Former Bad Ass

Morning!  I have 4 miles tonight.  We'll see if I can run outside, but the weather here is good until today.

Karen, travel safe!  Congrats again.

Liz, nice run!  Glad BF is coming back closer!  Yeah, I chose that spot for that reason.  Lots of lovely houses around here but that one was really cute.

Damaris

Docket_Rocket

Former Bad Ass

Run4kupcakes - I tried to reply on your RR but it wouldn't let me. Probably user error of some kind haha. Congrats on a tough race. I have run through those kind of winds and it is HARD. You did great! I laughed out loud at your comment to DH Smile I think I would have DEFIANTLY said the F bomb Smile As for your next race, maybe Salisbury. I think the wind would be LESS since it is more inland. Which one are you leaning towards? YOU DID AWESOME!!

Was the RR on the Beginners & Beyond forum?  You would have to join the forum before responding.

Damaris

Lizziebeerunning

Cupcake Connoisseur

Was the RR on the Beginners & Beyond forum?  You would have to join the forum before responding.

AHH that would be why Smile

Hope the weather stays gorgeous and you can run outside Smile

LC Runs

Good Morning, another cold and dreary day here...

Karen - you did so great yesterday!!  I loved that article, so cool that all these awesome Americans rocked the race!

LIzzie - great run this am!!  So excited for you and HCBF, will be nice to have him close by again!

Damaris - nice 4 yesterday, I bet all that traveling is tiring!

I am not looking forward to today - what's new, right?

Will get some miles in after work.

dhuffman63

Trails

Lizzie sometimes you just have to wait a bit for the good to come.  So happy for you that BF will be home soon full time.  Every time my brain wants me to DNS I just ignore it and say we can do this, other people have.  Then I remember the rain/hail storm I rode my horse in an endurance event....course it was June so it wasn't cold.  If Codee and I could do that then I can certainly do it now.

Damaris, SC or NC are places I'd like to live but I'm stuck here.  Very pretty picture.

Tessa, so sorry you are still sick.

R4K, nice RR.  ICK on those conditions.  Will it ever be nice again?

Karen you are incredible. God speed on your way home.

Laura I hope your day improves.

Hi everyone.  Off to get more coffee.

There's an event over Labor Day weekend where one could do a marathon a day for 3 days.  Thinking.

judyruns

Mighty Mouse

Congrats Karen !  

Monday I bundled up and dashed out the trail. I got in 45 minutes of running. Going out, the wind was at my back, but returning was a very cold trip. It even sleeted a little on me as I did my stretches. In the afternoon, DC and I did 3 hours of volunteer work at the library. I am always wiped out from that.

Today I plan some XT here at home. It’s snowing like crazy out there.

Safe and happy runs, All! 

Where is the "any" key?   

judyruns

Still coughing like crazy. Evenings and nights are the worst. I don't feel horrible right now (mornings are not too bad...cough cough cough). Headed to the doc. Maybe he has better drugs and I want to be sure I am not contagious or anything. Enough already!!

Congrats again Karen!!

Yay Lizzie!!!! So glad HCBF is getting a job closer to home!!!

dhuffman63

Trails

Damaris...OMG those new running tights look awesome.  Is the fit true to the chart?  Well crap...I ordered the tights AND the shorts.

ginnyb

First of all, congratulations to Karen again for her spectacular feat yesterday!!!!!  You are so badass and awesome!  Can't wait for your RR.

3 miles on the treadmill again as it is SNOWING and blowing again.

Judy....you are better than I, I just don't want to bundle up and battle the elements anymore.

Liz....Yay on job for HCBF!!!  So happy for you and him.

Sue....you have got a humdinger of a cold there.  Hope you get to feeling yourself soon.

Today will be awful in reference, last day for taxes, lots of grumpy people who will be upset with us because they haven't done their taxes yet, they come in angry, which is never good.

Ginny

http://ginnybess.blogspot.com/

6/8 Hatfield/McCoy Half, 8/18 lake Erie Shores and Islands Half, 9/21 Mighty Niagara Half Lewiston, NY, 10/7 Cleveland Rock & Roll Half 10/6 or Detroit Free Press 10/20, A Christmas Story 5 or 10K Cleveland 12/7, Santa Hustle Half Cedar Point 12/15

RTurtles

Running with the Turtles

3.25 on the TM for me this morning.  I actually feel pretty good for waking up early to run.  I was getting used to 8+ hours of sleep.    Walked my friend's dogs with DD yesterday afternoon and it was painfully cold!  I can't do cold weather anymore.  

Karen, congrats on an awesome race!!  The conditions looked absolutely miserable.  It was tough finding a way to view the race, not like the NYC marathon.  Sara Hall posted on Twitter that when she trained in E. Africa the runners would wait out any rain and not train in it.  I think the rain gave the American ladies a big advantage!

Lizzie, I am glad HCBF will be back in town!  Great news!  Also glad that you are enjoying the cutback week.     Haha, DD said the weather during the race was horrible!  She hated it.  She left immediately after the race, she didn't even wait for her medal.     She hopped into a warm Epsom salt bath when she got home, with low lighting and candles.    My foot has been a little sore, but not bad and it generally it's fine the next day.  The workout I did was at home.  I don't belong to any club or anything now.  We used to belong to the YMCA but it's been awhile.

Damaris, hope you get another run in outside!

Diane, a marathon a day for 3 days?  Wow, sounds like fun.  

Kupcakes, nice race recap!  Sounds like a tough race.  I'm glad that you've figured out a training schedule that is working for you.

Laura, my friend actually bonked at Boston!  I don't blame her though.    She qualified with a 3:43 marathon time.  She finished the first half in 1:51 but it was downhill from there.  She ended up a little over 5 hours.  I think at that point she was just going to finish and not worry about her time at all!  I don't blame you for using the TM.  I find it really hard to get all bundled up to run outside for a little while.   

Hi Kat!  I hope you are doing OK.

Cathy

Seloc

Karen - you are AMAZING!!  OMG those conditions sounded horrible.  Especially the WIND.  Hope you are still reveling in the post race glow.  I so want to go out and spectate someday.  Just seems like such an amazing atmosphere.  I get goosebumps reading all the stories.  Was bummed that Jordan had to drop out at the last minute but SO PUMPED that Desi won.  And such a class act waiting for Shalane.  The American women RULE!  And YOU were a part of it all.

Lizzie - SO HAPPY for you and HCBF!!  That is SO awesome and a long time coming.  I truly believe good things happen to good people.  Especially good people that work hard and show up and work hard.  Nice running.  As always!

Laura - ugh on the weather and double ugh on work.  Date night tonight?

Cathy - glad to see you getting in some pain-free runs!  On the ol' dreadmill even.    Oh, I hear ya on the cold.  OVER it.  Sick of talking about it.  Careful with that cross training!  No doubt the jumping aggravates the foot.  Oh, gosh, I feel so bad for your friend that blew up yesterday!  Been there, done that and it is NOT fun.  ESPECIALLY in those conditions!  OMG mizzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzz.  Huge HUGE props for gutting it out.

Damaris - that made me SO HAPPY to see you got to run outside!  And, in a LOVELY 48*!!  You deserve that.  Hope you get some more runs like that, too.  How long are you there?

HCK - loved your RR!  Wow, that sounded tough.  That's awesome you found a training plan that's working.  I always say we are all an experiment of one.  As for next one?  Hmmmm  I'd be inclined to go with less wind but will that give you enough recovery?

Finally stumbled and shuffled through 4mi today.  Wasn't enough.  Turned back early because the cold wind was giving me a headache.  16 inches of snow over the weekend.  12th snowiest event EVER.  Snowiest April EVER.  Coldest first 17 days of April EVER.  2018 can shove it.  That's really all I have to say.  SUPER sick of ranting about the weather.  All the RBs are cranky, too.  So, let's just leave it at that.  Perhaps I'll be back when I can see green grass.  Ya know, in July or something...  Happy runs to all!!

Lizziebeerunning

Cupcake Connoisseur

Laura – Hope your day went by quickly!!! I thought of you this morning on my run – I remember how you like doing morning runs in the Spring/Summer because of the daylight. It was getting light out at 5:30! I thought I was running late!

Diane – Wow, a marathon a day for 3 days?! That sounds challenging. Is it the same course? Or do you do it on your own? Are you thinking about doing it?

Susan – Smart to head to the doctor!! Hope they can give you something to help!

Judy – Nice job on that run yesterday. Does not sound fun. Snowing? Oh geez. Have a good day!

Cathy – Look at you back to the early morning runs. I LOVE IT. Could this be your comeback!? Smile We are pretty cold today – we have a wind chill! Everyone is shocked and is wearing winter coats. Its in the 50’s. LOL. I laughed out loud at DD! Hahaha..didn’t even wait for her medal?! Shes funny. Your friend at Boston – good for her for finishing!!! Those were some tough conditions. Was this her first one? I am sure the atmosphere alone was worth it. Whats wrong with getting bundled up to run!? Smile

Sandy – I heard about your record snowfall on the news the other day but I didn’t want to say anything. Sorry about your weather! Sad You got out there this morning and that is something! Thanks for the sweet words about HCBF! Smile

Heading to body pump soon! Have a great evening ladies!