Womens Running

Welcome The WEEKEND! (DAILIES) (Read 18 times)

Lizziebeerunning

Cupcake Connoisseur

Hello Weekend!!!

October 4 - Milwaukee, WI - 26.2

November 14 - Richmond, VA - 26.2

March 21 - Virginia Beach, VA - 26.2

Lizziebeerunning

Cupcake Connoisseur

5.3 for me.

Ah, it was around 46 degrees when I started. I needed long sleeves and it was GREAT!!! Easy run with lots on my mind. Ending the week at 48.

Posting and running since I have to leave for my hair apt at 8. Busy day ahead....

Wedding weather: Sunny, 70/50. Smile Smile

Karen - Well, I would consider that fantastic news from the doctor! Take it easy Smile Yeah, I already have SC..Charleston.

Tessa - OMG what a mess!!! I hope you are able to get there today!

Happy Saturday!

Good morning! Happy weekend.  I'm going up to the city to support a friend, who is running a 50k.  He's coming back from some injuries and anxious about not finishing.  Since it's a loop course, I'm going to run a couple loops with him.  Should be around 10 miles.   I've got a three-day weekend but no big plans. My sisters is in town from Seattle with a couple kids so I'll go visit with them at my Dad's house at some point.

Tessa, sorry your plans were thwarted, hopefully you are on your way to Spokane now.  Mostly sorry to hear about the fires.  So far, we have not had the bad diablo winds that usually flare up this time of year.  Not to say we haven't had fires in NorCal, but they have not become the explosive, all-consuming disasters that we've had in the past.  Everyone is keeping fingers crossed that it stays that way until the rains come.

Karen, sounds like there's some improvement in the foot?  Wise of you to pull back and address it early -- I think that makes a big different in keeping a niggle from becoming a bad injury.  Woohoo on the condo being officially yours!

Lizzie, yay on the wedding countdown!  Sounds like the weather is looking perfect!  Good luck with your busy day.

Sandy, you mentioned chicken chili the other day and I've been thinking about it ever since.    You have a recipe that you like?  Or do you just wing it?

Damaris, have fun in Chicago!

Kat, so annoying about the fence blowing down.

Lisa, hope you kicked that cold and are feeling better.

That's all I can remember from yesterday.  Just having a lazy morning with my birds but I'd better get on the road to SF before too long.  Here's what happens when you leave a drawer open in my house.

5/11/24 Grizzly Peak Marathon, Berkeley, CA

7/20/24 Tahoe Rim Trail 56 miler, NV

9/21/24 Mountain Lakes 100, OR

Half Crazy K 2.0

Ah, happy weekend. Today is really Saturday, yesterday I woke up around 6 and was wondering why DH's alarm hadn't gone off. I was about ready to wake him up when I realized it was Friday. 5 miles this morning with a 5k. Really crowded course and a little hillier than I expected. But, I knew where the start line was, so yay?

Bikerchick1

Lizzie - I am sure you have lots on your mind!  Bet that run helped sort it all,out!

Karen - Happy for you on the condo!  Glad your foot seems to be doing better.   

Margaret - Enjoy your day!  Too funny on your little feathered friend in the drawer..LOL

HCK - Great job on the 5k AND being able to know where the start line is!

Tessa - OMG, hope you are able to get there, and that the fires settle down.

Welp, add me to the “niggle/injury” group......ever since my spin class with the “killer” I have had some pain in my upper hamstring.  By mile 7 of my LR last night I felt like someone had a hot poker sticking in my “sit bone area”...Ugh.  Other then that it poured rain and we were drenched, but it was in the 60’s so was fine. So, spent some time with “Dr. Google”, diagnosed myself, and hoping I can stop this before it gets worse. 

Craol

Anonymous Guest

Fantastic morning. 53 degrees at the start of our group run. Smaller group since a bunch are racing tomorrow. I sent them on their way, then went and put the water cooler out (I usually do it on my way, but since I wasn't running as far I was able to sleep in an extra 10 minutes). Then I came back and just ran down to the park, once around there and back. 3.5 miles. With no pain!!!!! So I'm going to go ahead and do the 5 mile race tomorrow. I ran a little faster this morning and it was fine. I will probably not go out at full on race pace tomorrow, but a little faster than easy.

Tessa, what a saga! I'm glad you were able to reschedule the flight and make it to the airport this morning. Good luck tomorrow! And I hope the fire is quickly contained.

Liz, oh yeah, I forgot you ran Charleston. You could run a killer hast half at Myrtle Beach. Have fun this weekend working through all the last minute things. Because we're at the last minute now!!!

Gatsby, have fun running with your friend. And hanging out with your family.  love your bird pics.

HCK, great job on the crowded hillier 5K. Knowing where the start is - something you used to take for granted!

Coaching testimonial: "Not saying my workout was hard but KAREN IS EVIL."

Upcoming races: Hennepin Hundred - October 2024

Check out my website and youtube channel

Anonymous Guest

Carol, ugh on the niggle! Hopefully Dr. Google and addressing it quickly will make the pain go away quickly.

Still sitting here amazed at Kipchoge's 1:59:40 marathon. Watching video, reading all the things. I had completely forgotten about it until we started talking about it after the group run this morning. Then came home and probably 2/3 of my running friends had posted things on Facebook.

Anonymous Guest

Oh, I forgot - I was so excited I texted my doctor after my run. His response cracked me up.

BerthaSlayer

MM#5991

Oh, I forgot - I was so excited I texted my doctor after my run. His response cracked me up.

This is funny. Lol

I ran 10 miles today. They felt great. I did need to wear a jacket. Had I been racing i would have skipped the jacket but I wasn't so I didn't.  Bonus marks because I saw deer.

Lori

*it's Bertha or me. My money is on me.*

**"There is no growth in the comfort zone and no comfort in the growth zone".---- Sandy**

Arimathea

Tessa

Karen, that is funny! Glad it is not hurting.

Margaret, fingers crossed for your not getting those winds. We definitely had them Thursday-Friday. Did you lose power?

Made it to Spokane. PIcked up packet. Getting nervous about tomorrow -- this horse is not only not in the barn, it's about as far down the field as it can go -- but I figure the worst that can happen is I DNF. And I will have another chance in 2 weeks.

No run today, not surprising, but DD and I did get a walk in.

Tessa-good luck and we know you YouKane in Spokane! 

Karen-Yeah for IRL Doc being proud of you! We are all as well and congrats on the condo... What CO races are near it? LOL

Lori-nice run!

Carol-thanks for the suggestions yesterday they are worked out great! How many miles are you able to get in running in the gardens? Doc Google should help you out!

Margaret-so which is preferable... a bird in hand or a bird in drawer? Inquiring minds want to know. Hope your buddy does well and have fun pacing. I think mixing in some distance loop races with some point to points with some timed loop races makes for an interesting year. Different challenges with each, different pros, different cons. Speaking of which... why didn't anyone mention that Rocky Raccoon is in the same place as Texas' highest security prison to me before? LOL

Lisa

Lizziebeerunning

Cupcake Connoisseur

Rest day for me! Slept 10 hours last night!

We got so much done yesterday. Still have a few errands to run today but not much. Hair looks AWESOME! I am ready!

We spent some of our evening at the emergency vet for Ruger. He hadn't eaten since 6pm on Friday. By the time we got home from errands he was real lethargic and barely wanting to walk. He had the poops really bad - worst I have ever seen him have. I was worried so we took him in. Don't really know what he had but are treating him for a virus. By the time we got to the vet he had a temperature and was very dehydrated. They gave him fluids, antibiotics and an anti nausea injection. He ate dinner and breakfast this morning! Smile So glad we took him. My sweet baby.

Margaret - How sweet of you to offer to run some loops wth your friend! I hope he did OK!! Have fun with your sister!! LOL at the picture!

Run4kupcakes - Congrats on the 5K! For the past two mornings I have woken up thinking I had to work. Such a nice feeling to be able to roll over! Smile

Carol - Oh no!!! I hope your hamstring feels better. Do you get massages? That really helps mine.

Karen - GREAT news about the foot! LOL at the message to your doctor. Thats pretty cool that you have that kind of relationship with him Smile. Good luck on the race today!

Lori -Awesome run yesterday!!

Tessa - Good luck today!!! Let us know how it goes.

Hi Lisa! Hope your cold is improving!

Docket - Good luck today!!

Happy Sunday! I have to do some cleaning today.

Arimathea

Tessa

Liz, poor Ruger! Hope it was the canine equivalent of norovirus and that he is feeling better now.

Waiting for DD to get dressed so she can take me to the start. 37 degrees out and they have patches of snow that hasn't melted since last Wednesday. Winter is coming. I am nervous but looking forward to a long run through a nice city with a number pinned to my front. (290 just for the record.)

Good morning!!!  6 miles  this morning and only 2 walk breaks!!  Woohooo.... and it was 64ish degrees this morning which really helps!!!

Yesterday I did all the house chores and errands so I can sew the rest of the weekend.  Smile

Lizzie--I hope Ruger is feeling better. I am confused---when is the big day???

Karen--glad you were able to run a bit w no pain!

Carol--oh no!!!!  Sounds like what I'm dealing with.

Go Tessa!!

Better get moving!

Lizziebeerunning

Cupcake Connoisseur

Saturday, Oct 19!

Good morning!!!  6 miles  this morning and only 2 walk breaks!!  Woohooo.... and it was 64ish degrees this morning which really helps!!!

Yesterday I did all the house chores and errands so I can sew the rest of the weekend.  Smile

Lizzie--I hope Ruger is feeling better. I am confused---when is the big day???

Karen--glad you were able to run a bit w no pain!

Carol--oh no!!!!  Sounds like what I'm dealing with.

Go Tessa!!

Better get moving!