Womens Running

TUESDAY DIVAS (Read 16 times)

gsdrunner

I know I know... really creative title.... I am all out of creativity this morning LOL

gsdrunner

RR: 5 miles yesterday, today, I am hoping for 4 to 5.

NRR: Its going to be a VERY very --- did I say very Smile busy day. We are hoping to be outta here tomorrow, so we are packing, finishing up laundry, getting the house ready,  trip to the dump, finding a good size cooler to take on this trip, etc.  J has two interviews today, one is a joke. I say joke bc he was consulting for the company for the last 5 years so its more of a 'check box' item for the company. And the TM is getting a new motor and lube job. I am sure TM will be very with that.  AF came a few days ago. Its calmed down quite a bit. I been taking Maca Root for the last month. I gotta say so far so good. Mood swings are better ... but I am going to give it a few more cycles to see how it goes.

All right gotta get going the list isn't getting any shorter.

MA runner girl

Morning GSD! Wow, what a to-do list! Good luck getting it all done. Have a great trip!!

RR: 3 miles tonight, after the chiro fixes me up.

NRR: My back is sore! I'm positive it's from putting C in and out of his crib. No way to bend with your knees there! He slept well last night, only woke up once from 8-5! I fell asleep around 9, so I feel well rested! After work and chiro, we are going to my grandparents for dinner with my mom and aunt. Looking forward to someone else cooking dinner tonight Wink

Have a great day ladies!

PRs: 5k - 21:22, half marathon - 1:39:43, marathon - 3:37:16

OJewel

Good morning!

Gsd- good luck with all those to dos! Have a great trip!

MA- enjoy dinner tonight! I hope the chiro can fix your back up.

RR- just did an easy 3. All I have time for. I slept in.

NRR- just plugging away, working for the weekend.... After working so much to prepare for my presentation, I feel kind of burned out and unmotivated, lol.

Have a great day!

POrun

Happy Tuesday!!!

RR: Ran 3 miles this morning with DH. It was nice since it was only about 73 deg, even though it was 100% humidity. I think the cool weather with the super high humidity is better than 85-90 deg with 75% humidity... Got through my first Brick on Sunday.

NRR: I had to go up to Daytona for a thermal engineering conference yesterday. We left super early, but at least it made the work day go by really fast! Tonight after work is a farewell for another friend leaving our company. I'm seeing a theme here with people leaving...

GSD: Way to go on the 5 yesterday. Good luck to J with the interviews! Glad you're feeling better.

MA: I hope your back doesn't keep getting more sore from picking up C! Glad he is sleeping better.

OJ: Great job on the 3! I know the feeling after a big project. Hopefully you can just coast through the week and find some more motivation next week.

Have a great day ladies!!!

SassySparky

Morning ladies!

RR: 3 miles + 8 strides this morning, so 4 miles total.

NRR: At work a little early today to get some writing done while I'm focused and before my boss arrives. Had a nice Skype chat with my grad school BFF, we hadn't talked in a few months other than a few texts here and there. Just work lately! We go on vacation next week so I need to get a lot done this week Smile

GSD - hope the maca root works! good luck getting ready for the trip.

MA - enjoy dinner with the family! It must be nice to live so close to everyone to have that option. We used to do that a lot when I was a kid because my grandparents lived a few miles away. I miss it!

Jewel - it's always nice to take a few easy days after a big work to do!

PO - We've had some nice cool weather here too. i was actually chilly this morning, as it was 65F! Enjoy the party tonight

I'll be running my first full, the Richmond Marathon on November 16, 2013!

LucyBelle

Morning!

RR: Did a 40 minute total body HIIT workout last night. Feeling it today. I need to run 3.2 more miles in July to beat June's mileage but I'm not sure if I will do it today or tomorrow. It depends on time.

NRR: Going to a press conference this morning with the US Secretary of Commerce. Sounds exciting, but it is really not, at least to me. I have a short attention span and it's 2 hours of listening to her talk business with some big wigs. It's 2 hours I feel like I could use for something else. Oh well. At least I'm wearing a cute outfit today.

melrunner

Morning Girls!!!

TriR, just finished a wet, humid, muggy, and steamy 7 mile run with DH. Damn it's hot. I did the second half with intervals to try to Maintain and lower my HR. it dropped some, so I think I'll stick to run/walk until ican lower my HR.

NtriR, massage tonight and so looking foreward to it. Then DH and I are going out to Dinner after our massage. I might post on FB later.

Lucy, loved the invitations! Great job with your workout.

PO, yay for your first brick! How's the bike?

Sassy, yay for vacation! Have fun and good luck with all the packing!

GSD, what is maca root for?

MA, so lucky you had a nice dinner!

Jewel, glad you slept in a bit!

MA runner girl

Ummm my boss wants me to lead a 35 person call since she cannot attend... for a meeting that has been going on for months... on a topic I know NOTHING about... this should be interesting. Shocked

Jewel - That's how I feel when I finish a big time consuming project, totally unmotivated. Hopefully you find your mojo soon!

PO - Totally agree that 70s @ high humidity is better than really hot (and 75% humidity is still high!!!). It's been cooler here too, low 60s in the am. Too bad I'm too lazy to get out there. Glad you got a cooler run in.

Sassy - I like that your plan has speedwork still. I missed that in my first marathon plan. Hope you have a productive day! I love having family close by. I could never move away.

Lucy - Ohhh good luck getting 3.2 miles in!! Yeah, I'm so not a political person, so that sounds awful. Hope you can pay attention!

MA runner girl

meli - Yuck, i don't know how you run in that weather all the time. I'm such a wimp! Enjoy your massage tonight. I need one so badly.

lizo_77

good morning ladies!

RR: did a mile and a 20 to 25 min strength session last night on the machines. This morning was 2.88 miles on the TM. Might do about 1.2 tonight to round out to 4 miles.  feeling pretty good.

NRR: work day with another deadline - this thursday. Loving it! NOT.  my computer is driving me nuts today.  Meh. Can't wait to get home tonight.

gsd: ouch! that's a LOT of stuff to do! good luck with it all!

MA: glad C slept well last night!

OJ: totally understandable. You worked up to the presentation and now it's a like a let down to be done. On the other hand, take the "non-motivation" and rest! Smile

outwestrunner

Good morning, ladies!

RR: Got in 6 trail + 1 Fay, including some beyotchy mall walker types. I told them I hope I ruined their day. Seriously, some people get so bent out of shape about things. Anyway, no running tomorrow so I got in 81 miles for July, which is great considering one week of 0 miles and another with just 7.  ST tonight, maybe, or a massage. Not sure.

NRR: SO EXCITED to go back to Chicago tomorrow!! I mentally checked out at work yesterday. Ready to GO!! I need to finish up this one thing today and that's about it for a while.

GSD - What a list! I get the same way when I'm about to go away. Enjoy the long vacation!

MA - We used to go to my grandparents' house all the time when I was a kid. Have fun tonight!

Jewel - I hear you loud and clear on the motivation thing. After the big push a week ago, I am over it. I need a couple of days off before I hit it heavy again.

PO - Hmm.. How long is the degree program you're in? Just wondering if you left the company.. I was thinking about updating my resume and maybe joining LinkedIn.

Sassy - Glad you got to talk to your grad school BFF! I talked with mine when I got from Alaska, but that seems like forever ago. Life gets too busy sometimes. (Meaning work gets too busy).

Lucy - I'd have a hard time sitting still that long, no matter who would be talking. Good luck staying awake!

Meli - Ugh your run sounds awful..but it's good training, right?

Lizo - Will you get a break from work soon? I feel like it's been nonstop deadlines for both of us for as long as I can remember.

monk717

Morning divas!

RR: Ran 3 miles this morning. I did some more hilly parts of my neighborhood and it was pretty good!

NRR: Geez, I did a lot before 8 a.m., I'm beat. Its worth it though because I got dinner in the crock pot for tonight... shredded barbecue chicken. P is starting to "army crawl"... now that's scary, the thought of him moving around! I thought he'd roll over a bit more before he became mobile. Not much else going on at the moment. I can't believe July is already over!

SassySparky

All this talk of July mileage made me go back and check. I've run 101 miles so far this month and will get to either 106 or 112, depending on if I run Wednesday or not. I thought that was my highest monthly mileage, however in May I did 96.07, and in June I hit 109. WOW. So far I've got 611.33 for the year!

I'll be running my first full, the Richmond Marathon on November 16, 2013!

NorCal

Morning ladies!!!

GSD- WOW that's a LOT to get done today! good luck with it all! Also, we got an awesome, HUGE cooler from Costco, that we love.

MA- Yay for C sleeping more last night, must feel great. I'm sorry your back is bothering you. Do you get massages ever? I've worked with a lot of PP clients and it helps so much. Especially with the upper back/neck tension from BFing posture.

OJ- I think you deserve to have a "light" week at work, after all the prep you did for your presentation!

Lizo- Nice work on the workouts lately! Staying consistent!

PO- Do you know why so many people keep leaving your company? Where are they all going!?

Lucy- Um, yeah, that meeting doesn't sound super exciting! Oh, I loved your invites and esp the reply cards. SO CUTE!!!

Sassy- When you do strides, do you do a certain distance, or is it more like a fartlek run?

Meli- Yikes, tough run!! But it will just make you tougher! Do you wear a HRM or just go by feel? Enjoy your MUCH deserved massage tonight!

Monk- NICE JOB on your 3 this morning!!!!

OWR- Seriously almost spit tea on my computer- I love that you told those rude walkers that!!! So freakin funny!!!! Nice mileage this month!!

Humboldt Redwoods Half Marathon 10.20.2013 

Tiburon by the Bay Half Marathon 11.3.2013 (My Birthday!) 

Napa Valley Full Marathon 3.2.2013

PRs: 

Half: 1:48

Full: 4:34