Womens Running

Chilly weekend (dailies) (Read 20 times)

Kilmisters

Perfect running weather around here, incl. decent amount of snow!

''What will happen if I run up the hills? Ah, volcano muscle soreness!!'' (c) Margaret

''Who needs quads anyway!?'' (c) Damaris

Kilmisters

Afraid to say these words, but seems like the toughest part of the project is survived. The meeting went amazing and everyone incl. CEO and sales director were happy. Of course, it's only the very beginning of the whole process, but that is a problem for future not today Big grin

20k yesterday after work; totally random for Friday eve, but weather was perfect, I needed some alone time after all the stress and there weren't too many people on the streets (which is always a win Big grin).

Waving to everyone, hoping to get back here now that things have calmed down. MiniK is observing this whole process w enviable peace (and amount of sleep Big grin)

''What will happen if I run up the hills? Ah, volcano muscle soreness!!'' (c) Margaret

Lizziebeerunning

Cupcake Connoisseur

6.2 for me! Heading over to Body Pump in a few since I missed it on Tuesday.

Good run! COLD. Its about 22 out. I was aiming for easy but I was at MP most of the run. Wasn't trying! Must have just felt good. Or maybe I was trying to stay warm Smile This puts me at 47+ for the week. Right on track. Next two will be peak weeks.

Spaghetti was so good last night but I was STARVING during my run. WEIRD. Usually after a big meal like that I am not hungry in the morning..whew. I am going to have to eat something before body pump.

Misc errands to do today. May have to go to the mall - UGH. I have a gift to pick up that I can't get online. Going on a date with HCBF tonight. Dinner and then heading to the botanical gardens. They do a huge Christmas light display. Its going to be COLLLDDD but should still be fun. I have never been - but I guess they have cocoa stands and stuff like that.

Karen - Wow, lucky for DH to have that amount of time off! Jealous. Woohoo on another neighborhood group! The ones that ran the half, are they interested in doing another one?

Hi Run2trail!!! Hope you had a good run!

Tessa - Wow, nice runs yesterday! Yay! Glad you got to do the light run! Thought of you yesterday morning when I was looking at everyones lights. Of course it was 3am..but same concept. One had this weird screen on the window that was playing Santa coming down the chimney. Like a movie. Weird. WOOHOO no the weight! I think mine is down a few as well. I have been cutting back the carbs. Except my pasta last night..but after 17 miles I was eating pasta!

Docket - Nice job at OTF yesterday! You are rocking everything lately!! Smile

Run4kupcakes - SNOW!? You are not that far from me! Not fair.

Kilmisters - GREAT news on the project. I am glad because you have really been working hard! Nice runs, too!! Smile How much snow did you get? I hope you are relaxing this weekend!

Happy Saturday!

October 4 - Milwaukee, WI - 26.2

November 14 - Richmond, VA - 26.2

March 21 - Virginia Beach, VA - 26.2

Docket_Rocket

Former Bad Ass

Morning!  Hershey wouldn't let me sleep past 7, sigh.  I am hoping I can nap later.  I have Pilates, 5 miles and maybe weights.

Elina, send some of that cool weather my way, snow and all!  Congrats on the project!

Lizzie, nice run.  Enjoy the date!

Damaris

LC Runs

Good Morning!

No run yet, I will run a few later this morning.  I have to drop my DS off to the school bus  at 9am because he has a basketball game today.  It is in the upper peninsula, UGH, which is almost 3 hours away.   BF and I are thinking about going but I really don't want to.  The weather is supposed to be dry though, just very cold.  Anyhow, I have to figure that out.  Thank goodness it's the last time he'll have to play that far away since he'll be in high school next year.

Elina - glad you got in a long, relaxing run.  I need one of those LOL.

Lizzie - nice 6.2 and have a good Body Pump!  I am always hungry when I wake up, I don't eat anything after dinner usually so I'm sure that's why.  Have a fun time tonight, sounds like a perfect way to spend a December night!!

Waves to everyone else!!!

Arimathea

Tessa

Waiting for it to get lighter before I head out. Wind is picking up again.

Elina, very glad to hear the project is going well -- they are lucky you are working when you have a new little one! How long did the 20k take you?

Liz, I've seen those "Santa movie" displays. Weird. A lot of people turn off their lights when they go to bed, so evening is the best time for a lights run around here. A couple of neighbors seem to be having a contest -- they're right across the street from each other. Enjoy the botanic gardens, one of the ones around here does that and the garden display is lovely.

Laura, I don't blame you not wanting to drive 3 hours in bitter cold to sit on bleachers and watch teenage boys play basketball. That is definitely when you get a big mug of coffee and possibly add a little something to it out of a flask.

Damaris, our cats are very lively right now too. I keep hearing thuds from the direction of the tree as ornaments meet the floor -- which is why we hang things like marathon medals from the bottom branches and put the delicate glass ones higher. Any minute now Hrhiow and Iota will likely stroll into the kitchen singing "And another one down...and another one down...and another one bites the dust..."

Oh good, light is starting to show up. By the time I drive to where I'm starting from this morning I shouldn't need reflective gear. BBL.

Anonymous Guest

"Long run" done. 10 miles with my people this morning. I am honestly thankful that the marathon group has dwindled to one and he is in India this weekend. This is their 21 miler. We had a plan so he wouldn't be running much of it alone - one girl offered to start an hour early and run 6 with him, then he would run 10 with the group, then the last 5 mostly on his own, but me and another guy were willing to go back out for the last 3 with him. None of that was necessary though, thank goodness, and all of us (except the guy still in India, thank goodness) just met up at 6 and ran 10 miles. That was their long run, and this week it will also be my long run.

Elina, that is great news! Congratulations on getting through the horrendous workload in one piece. Nice 20K! I don't think your definition of chilly is the same as mine, we all felt chilly this morning in 45 degree F.

Liz, awwww, have fun tonight! Our big plans are to take Riley to the pet store to pick out a Christmas present. And maybe get him a new collar. On the group, the "graduation" race I picked has a 5K and 10K, so I'm hoping some of my summer C25K people will do the 10K, and then I can convince them to join the half marathon group come July. And my half marathoners that ran in November are still running with us and trying to decide on another half, and want to keep meeting up some between the end of the program after Houston in January and when it starts back up in July. Plus they have friends that want to run with us next year too. So all around good news, and hopefully we'll have a bigger group next year.

Enjoy your runs today Damaris, Laura and Tessa! (if it were me I'd totally blow off the bb game......this is why it's probably for the best that I didn't have kids!)

Coaching testimonial: "Not saying my workout was hard but KAREN IS EVIL."

Upcoming races: Hennepin Hundred - October 2024

Check out my website and youtube channel

LC Runs

4 TM miles and some squats/planks.  BF and I are heading up north in a bit, decided to bite the bullet and just go.  It's the last away game and I skipped out on last week's.  We'll use it as an excuse to go out to dinner when we drive DS home 

Damaris  - hope you get in a nap, too.  Maybe I will sleep in the car since I'm not driving!!

Tessa - have a good run.  Yes, it is pretty boring especially since my son only plays a few minutes per game.  He gets rid of the ball as soon as he can ha ha!  He did get 1 free throw in a couple of weeks ago, which helped boost his confidence.  I wouldn't be broken hearted if he didn't want to play in high school but I think he will play at least at the freshman level.

Karen - nice 10 and glad it worked out with the marathon trainer.  I admit I do not 'love' going to sporting events.  Well, I like the soccer games for the most part but I don't go to many of the away games since we live so far away from most of our opponents.  I have many friends that go to 'everything' and I feel like one of the slacker moms.  Oh well, I do the best I can!

Have a great day everyone, I will try and check in tonight but not sure what time we'll be home!!

Kilmisters

Lizzie, nice weekly mileage! 22 degrees? Any face cream/mask you're using when running in such weather? Have a nice date w HCBF! We have just enough snow to cover the ground, which is sometimes better than piles of it. Unfortunately, lots of ice, too. Thankfully just one fall so far Big grin

Karen, well, it's not that cold here, around 30 degrees. 45*F would certainly count as warm/autumn-ish here; and ''holy crap it's hot'' for midDecember. God, that sounds like a lot of planning around the (half)marathon people.

Laura, 3hr drive for a youth basketball game... Uhhhm... Well, at least I hope DS team will win Smile

Tessa, 20k took 2:05.

10 easy k before tomorrow's game. Tough one, I'd say around 15% chance of winning. Oh well. You have to have those kind of games too. Early NHL game today <3 Edmonton-Minnesota; Sandy - under any other circumstances I'd cheer for Oilers, but now... I... Just don't know Big grin

kats

WINE o'clock somewhere!

Good Morning Ladies!

I slept, and relatively well, though still have super low energy.  Like 12 hours and only woke up a few times, mostly hacking up a lung.  Work wasn't too bad yesterday.  Glad to have today off though.  Hoping MAYBE Monday I can run again.  Gonna be a mellow day.  Need to pick up a little bit.  Or a lot...

Elina, congrats on the project.

Lizzie, you are killing your miles!  Mall a week before Christmas, brave woman.  Have fun tonight with HCBF.

Damaris, I am so glad my beasts let me sleep.

Tessa, sounds like a lovely way to get an evening run in.  I would be afraid I would fall looking at all the sparkly things instead of where I was going.

Laura, nice of you to go to the game.  That is a LONG winter drive.  Fun to go out to dinner though after.

Karen, are you going to do another running group after Houston?  If so, which one.  Or are you guys just going to do training runs until another race comes up.  Cute about Riley picking out a gift.  Petco/PetSmart are both doing pictures with Santa this weekend...  That would be cute.

Don't really have much else to add.  Have a great day all.

Kathryn

Kettle Moraine - June 2024

Beast of Burden - August 2024

Hennepin Hundred - Oct 2024

Javelina Jundred - Oct 2024

dhuffman63

Trails

The Christmas Carol last night was excellent...it was actually a musical and performed by a local theatre group.  It was nice getting away for at least one night.  I was surprised at all the small children there.  It started at 730 and didn't get out until almost 10.  There were some very small kids.  Our tickets weren't cheap either so I can't imagine what they paid as we were in the back row.  Luckily it's a small theater so I could see and hear well.

Today's deep tissue massage was awesome!  My back feels 100 times better.  I can't wait to start training again.

Elina, nice 20k...just 30k more and you could be an ultra runner!

Lizzie I bet you could smoke a 10k!

R4k, we may see snow for xmas and that would be ok with me.  Then it needs to go away.

Hi Damaris, nice workouts.

Hi Tessa, glad you are losing weight even with the holidays.

Laura, enjoy the BB game.  At least it's the last.

Karen, I can't wait to re-try your plan for me.

Kat, glad you are feeling better.  Thought about taking Chuckie pretty much as a joke cause he barks at everything and is such a scardy cat.

Hi everyone, have a great weekend.

Kilmisters

Elina, nice 20k...just 30k more and you could be an ultra runner!

Ha... Not that I want to. Smile HM is a real sweet spot for me.

Anonymous Guest

Thought about taking Chuckie pretty much as a joke cause he barks at everything and is such a scardy cat.

DH just tagged me in a video he posted on fb of our attempt to get Riley's picture with Santa. All the workers laughed at him. He was having no part of Santa. Linky

Coaching testimonial: "Not saying my workout was hard but KAREN IS EVIL."

Upcoming races: Hennepin Hundred - October 2024

Check out my website and youtube channel

Half Crazy K 2.0

Shoveled snow this morning, short run this afternoon after almost all of it melted.

Lizzie, about the strange car. Does your local police department have a non-emergency number? I've called ours a number of times of strange cars, the way our house sits on a corner, we often get people parked on the one side. I just tell them my DH isn't home (sometimes true, sometimes not) and I don't feel safe going up to a car where I don't know the person in it.

Arimathea

Tessa

Back after 16.2 miles. Proud of myself since I thought it was only about 13-14. Surprising amount of change scattered along the route, I found $2.13 overall. I also saw a number of other runners, mostly solo, and got a very appreciative look and a "muy bonita!" from an older gentleman who was walking the other way. Hilly run, picked up a number of recyclables, and stopped by a Little Free Library, left a book, and took one for my library.

Laura, you do what you can. You work full time, are a mother of 4, and you have other things to do as well. I'm sure he'll appreciate your being there.

Karen, good 10! And glad your one marathoner didn't need to be accompanied in relays this morning. (Some of us do our long runs solo...) Is he preparing for Houston? Hope you do get more people for the next group.

Kat, glad you are getting better.