POST!!!

K

Kettle Moraine - June 2024

Beast of Burden - August 2024

Hennepin Hundred - Oct 2024

Javelina Jundred - Oct 2024

kats

WINE o'clock somewhere!

Whoopsie here is Mom got up in the middle of the night and got dizzy and fell and cracked her head semi-open on the corner of the wall.  She surprisingly didn't bleed much and refused to let me take her to the ER in town.  When we got up this morning she kinda was concerned and I told her to go the the ER. Five staples and an MRI later, she is OK.  Apparently a tiny bit of a bleed, but not enough to worry about apparently.  They offered referral to Neuro, she isn't going to go.  She did appear fine today.  Since I was leaving for the airport at the same time, she had to drive herself.  Her driving is meh.  I think she is safe enough for town, but am displeased she is driving to the next city over.  She refuses not to.

At the airport, super duper early.  Since Mom was going to the ER, I just took off, here about 3 hours early.  can you say BAR!  And a quesadilla in a bit.

Off tomorrow, so I am going to try for a few more miles.  3-5 will be my goal.

Happy Happy.

K

Half Crazy K 2.0

3 miles this morning. Legs were really not happy.

KatS, yikes on the hospital visit.Hope you have any easy flight home.

Docket_Rocket

Former Bad Ass

I ran 10. They were not good.

Kat, oh, no!  Glad she is ok, but sigh.

HCK, nice run.

Damaris

Kat, sorry to hear about the chaos with your mom.  Good that the doctors checked her out and gave the all clear.

Hi HCK, Damaris.

Lisa and I did the Three Capes Marathon yesterday.  The three capes were on the northern Oregon coast, near Tillamook (cheese!). Like Big Sur but without the crowds or high prices. And with dairy farms.  And it was quite a bit more rural, with some very strong smells of cow dung at times.  The race was hilly but very scenic. Weather was perfect, 40s and 50s. Lisa got her 35th state on her 50 states quest.

5/11/24 Grizzly Peak Marathon, Berkeley, CA

7/20/24 Tahoe Rim Trail 56 miler, NV

9/21/24 Mountain Lakes 100, OR

kats

WINE o'clock somewhere!

Kathi, bummer about the legs not liking the miles.

Damaris, don't sneeze at 10!  Those are good miles.

Margaret, congrats on yesterday, it certainly looked quite pretty.

I got 5 in today.  About half mile was a little slow joggity jog, the rest was a slow and slightly sore walk.  Disappointed.

Mom seems fine, thanks for the thoughts.

Back to work tomorrow.

K

Docket_Rocket

Former Bad Ass

Congrats, ladies!

I got food poisoning after my 10 miles (we went out and not sure if there was cross contamination as it was a hibachi place even though I asked if they could make sure the steak wasn't anywhere near the shrimp) or something I ate was bad. Whatever it was, fuck, I'm never going back there.

Damaris

Half Crazy K 2.0

10 miles. Getting into the time of year where 25 dgrees can feel warm in the sun.

GatbsyBird, congrats on the marathong. Yuck on the cow smell.

DOcket, hope you are feeling betterr.