Womens Running

Where ya at Wednesday? (Read 11 times)

Anonymous Guest

Still at Big Bend here, session one ended this morning, two starts tomorrow.

Coaching testimonial: "Not saying my workout was hard but KAREN IS EVIL."

Upcoming races: Hennepin Hundred - October 2024

Check out my website and youtube channel

Docket_Rocket

Former Bad Ass

Have fun, Karen!

RD but I might finally do something. In the office today but WFH the rest of the week. I feel so uprooted with the week change.

Damaris

Anonymous Guest

So session one....we knocked it out of the park. If one of the participants says "so is there some way we can give you a review so other people will want to do trips with you, because this was awesome" and then goes on to tell you all the great things they think about it/us, I think that's a pretty good sign. It was fun, everyone raved about the things we saw, places we went, food we served, the organization and communication throughout - I am on cloud 9. They all left this morning, we drove down and paid $2 each for showers (which felt amazing), then drove up to the visitor center area in the mountains, where it's about 20 degrees cooler than the desert, plus a pretty strong cell signal. We're just hanging out here for a couple hours checking the internet and trying to post some pics, then will get a few groceries and head to our camp site tonight. Tomorrow morning we start again with a new group, then head home Sunday.

I have not run at all, and I doubt I will until after we get home. It's a lot of work out here even though it's fun. My cold is finally getting better at least, so I'm less exhausted at the end of the day.

I skimmed the last few days threads, but I don't remember enough to comment.

Coaching testimonial: "Not saying my workout was hard but KAREN IS EVIL."

Upcoming races: Hennepin Hundred - October 2024

Check out my website and youtube channel

Half Crazy K 2.0

5 miles this morning before work and lower body strength training after work.

Docket, at least you can wfh the next 2 days. You usually spread out your in office days (I thinkk), so I can imagine the 3 days straight just sucks.

AnonymousGuest, congrats on the trip going so well.

Karen, nice work on the Big Bend trip!

Damaris, enjoy WFH for the next two days.

HCK, nice run.

I don't think I checked in here at all while on the east coast over the weekend.  The trip went well.  Met up with my niece in Brooklyn on Friday night, where she's directing a small show in a local theater.  Took the train down to Philly on Saturday, where I met up with Lisa and her S/O for a trail marathon on Sunday.  There were thunderstorms the night before, but race day was good weather.  Cathy Morgan, who used to post on RA a long time ago (can't remember her screen name), stopped by the race starting area to say hi.  She lives near there now.  One bit of excitement when a massive tree fell on the trail inbetween me and the woman in front of me.  Good thing I was not faster!  Here we are before the race. German theme, maybe because Germantown is next to the park.

5/11/24 Grizzly Peak Marathon, Berkeley, CA

7/20/24 Tahoe Rim Trail 56 miler, NV

9/21/24 Mountain Lakes 100, OR

BerthaSlayer

MM#5991

So I'm officially broke. We had a new furnace and AC installed. It will no longer sound like jets taking off in my house .

We leave in 5 days! So excited.

5 miles today

Lori

*it's Bertha or me. My money is on me.*

**"There is no growth in the comfort zone and no comfort in the growth zone".---- Sandy**

kats

WINE o'clock somewhere!

Karen, so excited for you that your trip was such a hit.  Hope the next goes just as smashingly!!!  Saw some pics on FB.  Put those running kicks away and enjoy the moment.

Damaris, enjoy the RD.

Kathi, I really should do some strength.  Good workout today.

Margaret, huge YIKES on the tree.  Wowza.  Glad it was good though.

Lori, I certainly hope your HVAC was cheaper than mine, that bloody sucked donkey balls.  5 days, woot woot.  I miss London, such a neat city.

12 miles today.  I did todays (6 mi) and yesterdays (6 mi.)  It has been a challenging few days.  Work yesterday was draining.

Not alot else.  Came home from my run and put on my PJs.  When I had enough water, I switched to wine.  ME???

Tomorrow is my last day at the relief clinic.  Please let the new place be tolerable.

K

Kettle Moraine - June 2024

Beast of Burden - August 2024

Hennepin Hundred - Oct 2024

Javelina Jundred - Oct 2024

BerthaSlayer

MM#5991

Kats, I doubt it. My kids no longer have an inheritance. Lol

Lori

*it's Bertha or me. My money is on me.*

**"There is no growth in the comfort zone and no comfort in the growth zone".---- Sandy**

kats

WINE o'clock somewhere!

Lori, I didn't eat or drink for a year!  HAH!!  You're up, whatcha got...  Out do me girl, out do me!  

Kettle Moraine - June 2024

Beast of Burden - August 2024

Hennepin Hundred - Oct 2024

Javelina Jundred - Oct 2024